Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December 2012

Happy end of the world day folks!
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
      122112. Well, 12/21/12.
      Or, if you follow the European convention, 21/12/12. Using the 24-hour clock, 1:12 pm & 11 seconds will be 13:12:11.

The Mayan Apocalypse is inside each of us.

Comment

So the world is supposed to be ending today? That's sad. I never found out who let the dogs out, the way to get to Sesame Street, why Dora doesn't just use Google maps, why we don't ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery", why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed, why "abbreviated" is such a long word, why lemon juice is made with artificial flavor yet dishwashing liquid is made with real lemons, why they sterilize the needle for lethal injections and why do you have to "put your two cents in" but it's only a "penny for your thoughts"? Where's that extra penny going to?Why did Joanie love Chachi? If a deaf person has to go to court is it still called a hearing? Can a hearse, carrying a corpse, drive in the carpool lane? Does the alphabet song and twinkle twinkle little star have the same tune? Why did you just try to sing those two previous songs? And just what is Victoria's secret? And why are sheets of Kleenex so large while sheets of toilet paper are so small???

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

So the world is supposed to be ending today? That's sad. I never found out who let the dogs out, the way to get to Sesame Street, why Dora doesn't just use Google maps, why we don't ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery", why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed, why "abbreviated" is such a long word, why lemon juice is made with artificial flavor yet dishwashing liquid is made with real lemons, why they sterilize the needle for lethal injections and why do you have to "put your two cents in" but it's only a "penny for your thoughts"? Where's that extra penny going to?Why did Joanie love Chachi? If a deaf person has to go to court is it still called a hearing? Can a hearse, carrying a corpse, drive in the carpool lane? Does the alphabet song and twinkle twinkle little star have the same tune? Why did you just try to sing those two previous songs? And just what is Victoria's secret? And why are sheets of Kleenex so large while sheets of toilet paper are so small???
          I have been seeing this all over the inter-webs recently ... anyone know the original author?

Comment

So the world is supposed to be ending today? That's sad. I never found out who let the dogs out,
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDwwAaVmnf4

This guy knows who let the dogs out.

Comment

boom?...........
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Logic - 1
                Mayans - 0
                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                  I have been seeing this all over the inter-webs recently ... anyone know the original author?
                  I don't know who wrote it, but I added the very last part myself. The one about Kleenex and TP was one that George Carlin said back in the 1970s.

Comment

I don't know who wrote it, but I added the very last part myself. The one about Kleenex and TP was one that George Carlin said back in the 1970s.
                    I often see it with this other Kleenex question listed: "If there is no God, who pops up the next Kleenex?"

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxFYYP8040A

Looks like we made it.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                        So far....

We still have to deal with Obamacare, the fiscal cliff, Obama's switched stance on the Bill of Rights, gun nuts, anti-gun crazies, the Islamic Jihad, Islamic terrorists, non-Islamic terrorists, Nigerian internet scammers, global warming, Apple vs. IBM, Republican intransigence, Democratic insincerity, governmental deception, the United Nations....

Oh, and Niburu, comets and asteroids are still out there.

Enjoy life while you have it, for no body knows when we won't have it anymore.
                        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                        ~ ~
                        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

One of my favorite parts of each December is on the 25th... Jimmy Buffett's birthday!
                          A Pirate Looks At 66.

Comment

One of my favorite parts of each December is on the 25th... Jimmy Buffett's birthday!
                            A Pirate Looks At 66.
                            You know, I've never been a big fan of his music (don't dislike it either, but never got much into it before). But that's changing; the more I learn about the guy, the more I like and respect what he does - which means I'm going back to listen more to his music. It was nice to meet and chat with him recently. Happy Birthday, Jimmy!

Comment

Mr. Buffet is a fan of warm locales.

The Caribbean Sea is different from the Pacific but there is an overlap as far as

mellowness of culture.

I was raised partly in a large high rise apt in havana cuba.

There are

some crystal clear memories and others that are more foggy.

Young Jack Hemingway lived just upstairs.

As the revolution moved across the island from east to west the tv stations
                              were gradually taken over.

I can remember a b+w mickey mouse cartoon being switched to live camera feed from
                              los barbudos.

We were flown out early and my father a few days later.

Feliz anno nuevo

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/end-near-dooms...232147095.html

We're still not out of the woods yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X