X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Balloon Boy: Was it all a hoax?

Originally posted by Random View Post
    In our times, we call it Pomade.
    In my area, the brand of choice was "Dixie Peach" pomade. You put that stuff on and you smelled just like a girl!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Looks like the whole family is unraveling:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...YgaBtu5YqqNRgP

Mayumi has displayed a tough persona on TV. But her pal, Barbara Slusser, told ABC, "Whatever [her husband] says, goes. She's basically a slave. He kept her isolated and separated from everyone else."

Comment

I know how to quote from another HTer's post, and how to insert a link, but how do you quote from an article like Peshkwe did in the above post?
        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
          I know how to quote from another HTer's post, and how to insert a link, but how do you quote from an article like Peshkwe did in the above post?
          There's a quote icon 4 icons to the right of the link icon. Either copy and paste or type the text into the reply window, highlight the text then click on the quote icon. Bingo!

Comment

http://www.famousquotesandauthors.co...ss_quotes.html

The true object of all human life is play.
            Thanks TutuSue! OK everyone, carry on with the Balloon Boy stuff.
            Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Mayumi has spilled the beans:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/23/col...investigation/

Mayumi Heene told Larimer County investigators that she and her husband, Richard Heene, knew that their 6-year-old son Falcon was hiding at their Fort Collins home the entire time, even as police and military scrambled to search for the boy, according to the documents.

Comment

Can divorce lawyers be far behind?

Comment

The wife better continue the campaign of bean spilling if she hopes to stay out of jail.
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Wanda Sykes appeared on Oprah today and was asked to weigh in on some current events. When asked about Jon and Kate she said, "Put 'em in the balloon."!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                      The wife better continue the campaign of bean spilling if she hopes to stay out of jail.
                      I sensed something was up when Richard and Mayumi Heene sought legal representation from different lawyers.

But even with Mayumi's confession, no way should she get off scot-free for her part in the hoax. Let's not forget that the family member who really spilled the beans was little Falcon. Mayumi fessed up a couple of days after that fateful CNN interview and authorities seized the family's computer, hard drives, video camera, and other pieces of evidence. So it's not as if her confession was motivated by her conscience. She knew the jig was up.
                      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Yeah, but I think 'the system' will be happy with it's hunk of meat from the dad and will let the rest go.

Comment

That guy deserved to be thrown under the balloon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                            Yeah, but I think 'the system' will be happy with it's hunk of meat from the dad and will let the rest go.
                            That may satisfy some people, but it would not be justice.

Richard Heene may very receive a more severe punishment due to his past criminal background. But there's no question Mayumi Heene played her part in the hoax. (Listen to her "frantic" pleas for help on the 911 recordings.) Even if she avoids a prison sentence, she (as well as her hubby) should still be liable to pay back restitution to the authorities for the costs associated with the rescue operation. And at the very least, she should also have to perform community service.

As I said, I would be more impressed with Mayumi's confession had it come before Falcon's "we did this for the show" comment. At this point, all she's doing is throwing her husband under the bus when already faced with commiting a hoax that is quickly unraveling.

Any judge that totally lets her off the hook on this one will get featured in my lenient judges thread.
                            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Depends on how far the abused wife theory is taken:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ory?id=8865824

Comment

Oooooh, scary!

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                                Any judge that totally lets her off the hook on this one will get featured in my lenient judges thread.
                                Especially if you post it on Halloween

Comment

Working...
                                X