Tape to Disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tape to Disc

If this has been discussed already, just point me in the right direction.

Is there a way to transfer images from a Hi 8 cassette tape from my Handycam to a DVD?....or would it be easier to just take it to Longs or something and have them do it?

Mahalo.

Re: Tape to Disc

you could always pick up something like this
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...720&CatId=1428
    or this
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...041&CatId=1428
    transfer then burn it.
    808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
    kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
    http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Mahalo Cameron. Das dakine stuffs I wuz looking foah.

Will go check out some of the local techie stores first.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
        If this has been discussed already, just point me in the right direction.

Is there a way to transfer images from a Hi 8 cassette tape from my Handycam to a DVD?....or would it be easier to just take it to Longs or something and have them do it?

Mahalo.
        My Hitachi Hi-8 camcorder came with the necessary output cable (three RCA plugs) to connect into my DVD recorder (yellow = video, red = right channel audio, white = left channel audio). Your Handicam should have included one. Or, you can buy one from any audio shop

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
          My Hitachi Hi-8 camcorder came with the necessary output cable (three RCA plugs) to connect into my DVD recorder (yellow = video, red = right channel audio, white = left channel audio). Your Handicam should have included one. Or, you can buy one from any audio shop
          Mine is a Sony and it did come with the cord. Unfortunately, none of my DVD players are recorders.

Comment

It sticks in my mind that if you can get your hands on a digital-8 unit, it has a firewire connection and you can playback your analog tapes directly into your computer that way.

I have to wonder how good those small USB devices are in doing the conversion.

Comment

Sony has a nice unit. I also use mine to capture shows off of DVR.
              Burl Burlingame
              "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
              honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

I use Hauppauge WinTV PVR 250. It's a TV tuner and a capture device. The neat thing is that it supports hardware encoding and doesn't stress out your PC and you can choose a variety of resolutions.

Comment

Working...
                X