"The Walking Dead" on AMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "The Walking Dead" on AMC

After the second episode Sophia is still missing, Carl is under going care by a veterinarian, T-Dog is suffering from blood poisoning while Shane and a new character named Otis are trapped by walkers trying to get medical supplies for Carl.

Comment

Part of me is still in shock from last night's episode during the scene that Shane shoots Otis in the leg, there by having Otis being eaten alive by the walkers.

I suppose in some future episode a zombied Otis gets to go after Shane.

Comment

Teaser of tonight's episode had a flashback that showed helicopters firebombing a city.

For most of the episode it was Daryl's surviving being thrown from a horse, then tumbling down to pond, overcoming being jabbed by one of his crossbow bolts and being attacked by two walkers while seeing the image of his brother Merle.

On top of that he finds Sophia's doll, he then walks back to the farm but he is mistaking for a walker and Andrea shoots him

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
          The only standard issue character missing is a pregnant woman (which my wife and I deduced after lining up each one, one to one, with "LOST" characters).
          So far Lori is getting to be the pregnant woman character, granted she is not a late term pregency like Claire was in Lost.

Rick seemed to understand what happen between Lori and Shane during the time walker breakout.

Comment

Finally got caught back up for this season. I like to let shows like TWD pile up so I can just go thru and watch them back-to-back and not anguish about having to wait every week for a new episode.

This past episode was amazing esp. the last 10 minutes. It gave me that same feeling I had during the series premiere when Morgan is unable to shoot his walker wife and breaks down and Rick tells the woman zombie in the park he's sorry this happened to her. Just like this mid season finale, it really touches on the emotional aspect of the humanity of the living in coping with the realization of those who are dead.

Saw this flashpoint coming for a while now with Shane. But when Sophia walked out of the barn, that just hit everyone like a ton of bricks. I thought it made a strong statement that for all Shane's talk...it was only Rick that could actually do what had to be done.

Can't wait for it to start up again next spring!

Comment

New episode of The Walking Dead airs on Sunday (2/12/12, that's tomorrow) at 7pm HST. However 1st season episodes air today and the eariler 2nd season episodes air tomorrow.

Comment

The last episode of the 2nd season will air at 6pm (HST). Earlier 2nd season episodes will also air on Sunday starting from 8:00 am.

As far as the story line for the series go, 3 episodes ago gave the hint that being bit by walker is not the only way by becoming a walker. The last episode aired demostrated that just dying from other causes will turn a person into a walker.

It might explain why the military was killing people in the first season. Could also explains how Rick encountered a zombie in the tank during the first episode.

Comment

2nd season episodes of the Walking Dead are airing now at AMC. The third season starts today at 6pm HST.

Comment

This third season is considerably better than the second, which was almost enough to make me quit the show. My wife is now working her way through the graphic novels, which inspired but differ a great deal from the AMC TV show, and says they're even better. But constant bad decisions are relatively well offset by gratuitous gore, so we're still tuning in.

One of the show's stars, Sarah Wayne Callies, grew up here. And this Saturday, she's speaking at UH's Kennedy Theatre. Unfortunately, although tickets are required, the only way you can get them is by turning up the day of the event.

http://www.hawaiistar.com/2012/12/sa...allies-hawaii/

Comment

AMC is running a The Walking Dead marathon in the evening, starting at 5:00 pm HST, runs until 11:00 pm (for today at least).

This coming Sunday will be the 3rd season finale.

The third season centers on the group finding a prison as a place to stay and dealing with town called Woodbury leaded by someone who is called The Governor, plus the return of Daryl's brother Merle.

Comment

The 4th season of The Walking Dead started today. I don't remember if any of the characters said how much time had past since the last season episode but today's The Talking Dead mentions at least 6 months have passed between the seasons.

Comment

At the end of this week episode shows the Governor looking at the prison.

Comment

Tonight's episode focused on the Governor starting from the events at the end of the 3rd season to some unspecified time. Seems this storyline will continue on to next week.

Comment

While it was an interesting view into the mind of the Governor, I'm leery of them portraying him as sympathetic. There are things that he has done that cannot be forgiven, no matter how he may rationalize it....

Comment

The 4th season mid-finale aired tonight. A battle at the prison with some characters dying.

Comment

Working...
                                X