Recording obstacles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording obstacles

I'm not up-to-date with the "high-tech" options of video-recording. In fact, I refer to my "low-tech" methods as LOLO TECH. I use my PC as a high-speed copier of CDs, for instance, not a creator of CD compilations. For that, I have a stand-alone CD burner.

I ran into a curious situation recently. I had set my DVD-recorder on a timer to record some early-morning HBO movies, but discovered that the recording failed as the movies are "copy-protected." This has not failed with other cable channels like Cinemax, AMC, FLIX, etc. Only HBO. Yet, several HBO movies did record perfectly to the VHS deck in my dual deck DVD-VCR unit. That tape played back, but could not be dubbed to the DVD recorder within that same deck, nor from another VCR to the DVD-recorder.

Any possible answers to my dilemma?

Re: Recording obstacles .......

http://hometheater.about.com/od/dvdr...vdrecgfaq4.htm

Hbo has some kind of copy protection embedded in it's content. I'm sure google could turn up some good solutions to your problem, but I'm to lazy to look any farther than I aleady have
    808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
    kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
    http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Thanks for the info. I've heard of the one-copy situation, but am still mystified why the VCR was able to initially copy off HBO, but not the DVD. In the last situation, I attempted to record it manually, but the DVD recorder indicated "copy-protected, cannot copy." I switched to the VCR and it recorded the movie perfectly.

Comment

I think all newer DVD Recorders have copy protection circiutry built in.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
        X