Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Heroes" on NBC

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
    it kind of reminds me of the xmen genosha story arc that they sort of did in xmen the movies.
    Really? Resembles The Days of Future Past story arc more to me, or a blend of that and Age of Apocalypse. Those story arcs had more of the time traveling focus.

Comment

no that part, the part of registering of mutants and stuff like that.
      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

no that part, the part of registering of mutants and stuff like that.

Ok, I'll go with that to a certain extent....there's also a bit of The Hellfire Club being touched on as well but without the corseted/period/bondage gear thing.

Comment

those were the best parts!
          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

I had to go hunting but here's where the registration stuff first pops up in the X universe:

http://www.answers.com/topic/registration-acts

Mutant Registration Act

Registration as a concept is first mentioned in Uncanny X-Men #141 where Moira MacTaggert suggests that Robert Kelly has decided the registration of mutants by the government is a necessity.

Her suggestion eventually turns out to be accurate, and in the Uncanny X-Men #181 (May, 1984) the first mention of a Mutant Registration Act is made when Kelly is seen discussing his introduction of the bill with a senatorial colleague. By #183 (July, 1984) the Act is mentioned as passed legislation, and in #188 Nightcrawler remarks that it appears to have become accepted as law, suggesting that, unlike the Mutant Control Act in the "Days of Future Past" timeline, it would not be struck down by the Supreme Court.

I knew I wasn't misremembering!

Comment

those were the best parts!

Heh...maybe next season they'll do a 'Halloween ball' and give a nod to it.

Comment

In the beginning, Parkman seemed to be hearing people's thoughts whether or not he was trying. I wonder if in the 5 years, he learned to control his power so he could use it only when he wanted to? I can see how it might be crazy making to hear everyone's thoughts all the time or not be able to control when one what and how much one would hear of other people's thoughts. So if he accepted Sylar as the President, then there would be no need for him to be monitoring the President's thoughts all the time. But I am curious about what turned Parkman from victim to staunch enforcer against people with powers.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                  But I am curious about what turned Parkman from victim to staunch enforcer against people with powers.
                  I vaguely remember Parkman mentioning marriages being broken when he was interrogating present Hiro, so I'm think either his wife divorced him or died in the explosion or whatever battles future Hiro was involved in.

And I think Peter makes a better looking Neo. >_>

Comment

Originally posted by DaFerret View Post

And I think Peter makes a better looking Neo. >_>

Lets hope he won't be sayin......

WHOA!

Comment

I know Kung Fu.
                      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by DaFerret View Post
                        I vaguely remember Parkman mentioning marriages being broken when he was interrogating present Hiro, so I'm think either his wife divorced him or died in the explosion or whatever battles future Hiro was involved in.
                        When Matt's talking to Bennet he says something along the lines of thanking him for hiding his wife and kids.
                        808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
                        kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
                        http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Some interesting things I noticed:

If Peter saved Claire and absorbed her power, why does he have that huge scar across his face?

Future Hiro thought Sylar caused the explosion. He based his timeline reconstructions around that fact and determined that by preventing Sylar from stealing Claire's power, he could stop the explosion. We learn however, that Peter is really the bomb. Killing Sylar (which is a good thing to do anyway) will NOT stop NY from exploding, so as far as we're concerned, it's still going to go.

Comment

A couple things come to mind for me.

1 - It's a totally different timeline where Hiro altered something farther back than he realizes. Perhaps Peter had the scar before meeting up with Claire in just that timeline.

2 - It was mentioned that The Haitian was/had the ability for suppressing powers. Maybe he was damping down Peter's powers at one point during the 5 year time jump section and Peter got nailed in the face with something.

Comment

I noticed that scar too.
                              It doesnt make sense that changes in the past wouldNT affect the future, its called a paradox - so they should assume that something is wrong, shouldnt they? Future Hiro says he stabbed Sylar but didnt kill him, so events still unfold as told so far (future wise). To kill Sylar, hed have to behead him Highlander style or events will play out like last nights episode, as Sylar can regenerate.
                              I think they could go farther if they keep the destruction of NY, storywise. They can always re-edit later and kill someone off pre explosion and make up a whole new future from that point, as long as Hiro or Peter lives.
                              Hell, as long as they keep writing good stories, they could even spin off and do Heroes: Miami or Heroes: Rebellion (like CSI)
                              Personally, I'd like to see a future season about alien invaders =p
                              Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Present Hiro wouldn't realize that Peter could regenerate and if the future was altered in some small way what ever happened to Peter in a particular time line wouldn't seem out of place to future Hiro.

The broad brush strokes of the future would or could be the same, it's the fine details that would be telling for whether it was the right time line or not. Hit the right detail in the past and enough small details cascade change to the broader future.

Comment

Working...
                                X