Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 3

hospital workers who do not know their own way around their own hospitals

SP - "aloha, how are you this morning - how do i get to the kamehameha wing"

Man in the white coat with the name tag hanging from his pocket coat - "I think you take that elevator up to the 3rd floor and you make a left - oh no wait i think you make a right or just walk forward"

SP - "thanks - are you a doctor here?"

Man in the white coat with the name tag hanging from his pocket coat - "Yes I am - can't you tell"

SP - "well with your instructions I would want definet directions from a doctor who has worked here for quite sometime - i don't want you to tell me that you think it is either on my left or right or straight forward"

Man in the white coat with the name tag hanging from his pocket coat - "was all that necessary?"

SP - "if you knew your way around the hospital you work for or at - we wouldn't be having this conversation - have a good day"

SP - "Morning"

Female worker in the elevator with name tag on her blouse - *looks at me up and down and snobs me - with no response to my morning greeting*

SP - "You must be having a rough morning - Did you not hear me say Morning? By the way - can you direct me at how to get to the kamehameha wing"

Female worker in the elevator with name tag on her blouse - *looks at me again with a snobby attitude* - "make a right as you exit the elevator make left at the ending of hallway - waiting room should be on your left hand side"

SP - Thank you

SP - *exits elevator - hold the elevator door with foot on my way out* - "thank you again for the directions - next time i ask you a question let alone a greeting; don't do that - don't snob me - my insurance company pays half your salary and i pay the other half - i have a dear friend in surgery and the moment - that isn't your problem - granted we are at a hospital and you are a hospital worker - where is your sense of compassion? - are you miserable in some way at home or just an awful person because that name tag you have hanging from your blouse makes you somewhat superior to us folks that are paying your salary - who constantly come in and out of the hospital seeking help - yet i am sure you make it a fucking habit to snob every tom dick and harry that comes to this hospital?"

Female worker in the elevator with name tag on her blouse - "whatever"

Elevator door closes ******

This was at queens hospital.

Sad really sad
    stay forever young

Re: Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 2

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
    Thanks. I'll remind myself next time to NOT take queens Hospital, even if my life depended on it. lol.

Some people at the Queens Hospital, I tell ya .
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
      Thanks. I'll remind myself next time to NOT take queens Hospital, even if my life depended on it. lol.

Some people at the Queens Hospital, I tell ya .

I've not been here long, but I've been to Queens numerous times, and they're always beyond courteous to me. It's my preferred hospital.

I'm sorry you had a hard time SP. Sometimes that's what happen when you deal with people, no matter where you are.
      Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
      Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

It's like a maze in Queen's Hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
          I'm sorry you had a hard time SP. Sometimes that's what happen when you deal with people, no matter where you are.
          I should be sorry - I ran into her later that afternoon and apologized; reminded her I meant what I said - it was unfair of me to bark at her.

She gave me smile walked away and cursed under her breath.

LOL
          stay forever young

Comment

I should be sorry - I ran into her later that afternoon and apologized; reminded her I meant what I said - it was unfair of me to bark at her.

She gave me smile walked away and cursed under her breath.

LOL
            In a similar thread on some other board somewhere else, YOU were probably her "peeve of the day!"

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              In a similar thread on some other board somewhere else, YOU were probably her "peeve of the day!"
              thanks for pointing that out dork
              stay forever young

Comment

HTer's, although we are indeed usually a wonderous crowd in general, who post SIMPLE questions instead of just spending 30 seconds googling.
                Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Re: What's for Lunch - Chapter 12

i nearly bit the head off the substitute hospice nurse. anyone care to join in?

sorry, just venting. bad start to the morning.
                  "chaos reigns within.
                  reflect, repent and reboot.
                  order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

By all means! Vent away! It sounds
                    like you had a frustrating situation today. I'll send good thoughts your way!

My minor irritation with the savant that does our yard is nothing compared to yours. Will he or will he not show up.....that's the question. How hard is it to remember every other Thursday? He's hard to get a hold of since he forgets to pay his phone bill and it gets shut off........No doubt he'll whine and say "I can come Saturday"

Comment

my, my, leashlaws! guess i can't ask for a reference. lol.

thanks for the good thoughts. i think it's working. i'm over it.
                      "chaos reigns within.
                      reflect, repent and reboot.
                      order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Re: Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 3

To be honest I have no idea where to put this, either here or on "stupidest people award" thread.lol

I'm so ticked off & Mad right now.

My hubby just got a call that I think 2 or 3 of the big dogs are out running around !!. My hubby's nephew told the nephew's friend to let out the dogs (LABS -2 blk & 1 brown), & they would come back. If he didn't want to walk them, he shouldn't said to let them out!!. GAWD!!.

They dont come back automatically!!. Thats the whole point of it!!. The 2 black ones are the 2 sons off the brown lab.

Talk about idiots .

They got out before (long time ago) out of someone's negligent, & still these people that live there haven't learned?? Those dogs DON'T FRGN COME BACK!!.

They have to be searched all through Wahiawa side, & hope & pray that someone finds them, & I hope that the dogs have tags to be notified too.

Such IDIOTS!!.

its not that they didn't know, they should have known better!!.

DON'T LET THE DOGS OUT!!, unless they are going to walk them on a leash!!. GAWD

It happened before, too. GAWD!!.
                        Aches & Pains

Comment

Thankgoodness!!,My hubby found the 2 dogs that were lost out & walking about. The 2 dogs were out all the way towaards the tunnels too.

My hubby said that, my hubby's other nephew's friend who was all drunk, was the one that let them out!!. Figures, too , The BIG idiot of them all!!.

We are just glad that he found the 2 dogs. The brown dog came back. Thank goodness.

I told my hubby to give them all a good talking to (& maybe to yell at them too!!.) & to remind them to NOT LET THE DOGS OUT!!. Its not that funny!. GAWD!!.
                          Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                            DON'T LET THE DOGS OUT
                            My peeve - that song is now in my head (you know which one...)

Naw, my real peeve is that in order to hook up my new USB turntable, I ended up having to disassemble and reconfigure my entire stereo rack, simply because the new turntable is a hair larger than the space in the rack. This was a several-hour, very dusty process, but all went well ... until I turned it all back on, and there's a ground hum from the turntable.

Taking a break from it all now, before resuming work on resolving that blasted hum.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post

Naw, my real peeve is that in order to hook up my new USB turntable, I ended up having to disassemble and reconfigure my entire stereo rack, simply because the new turntable is a hair larger than the space in the rack. This was a several-hour, very dusty process, but all went well ... until I turned it all back on, and there's a ground hum from the turntable.

Taking a break from it all now, before resuming work on resolving that blasted hum.
                              Ha - ha. Been there, done that. Why does it seem that any little change you want to make, ends up that way. And where does all that dust come from anyway?

Comment

Working...
                              X