This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What pisses you off? - Chapter 7

I get pissed off at the wars in Iraq & Afghanistan; I get pissed off that N. Korea may nuke us; I'm pretty pissed off that folks are being allowed to starve to death in Darfur. I get pissed off at voters who keep re-electing perverts like Foley. I get pissed off at our local politicians sniping at each other instead of doing their jobs.

and I get pissed off everytime I think about how stupid it was for Eddie De Bartolo to get involved in gambling & crooked politicians so that he had to sell off his sports teams. So, I have to agree with Mike - I do get pissed off when the Niners lose.
    Last edited by anapuni808; October 4, 2006, 05:57 PM.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

people who are so damn important they have to answer the phone during a movie.
      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Gee anapuni... you get pissed pretty easily

I guess your gonna be pissed for the rest of the season if SF keeps losing

Comment

Re: What pisses you off? - Chapter 6

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
          Actual scene from the bar last night...

I hate it when stupid drunk chicks take so long in the freaking bathroom because a) they're sick and puking, b) they're having a hard time maneuvering themselves in there to take care of business because they're DRUNK, or c) they're TALKING STORY.

And I'm always "THAT GIRL" in line yelling things at them that could potentially get my arse kicked, but hey...someone's gotta do it!
          I have to apologize to you..... I wasn't the stupid drunk chic you saw last night but I was a stupid drunk chic on Friday night. Honestly I have never ever been drunk like that before in my whole life. I don't think I can ever drink again!!! I do however remember chics staring at me in the bathroom thinking what a stupid chic this is... On behalf of all us stupid girls... Sorry

Comment

I registered for an english class a while back,

the english teacher gives work on top of work, & it leaves me to become a hermit at my own home with my English work always trying to catch up, & all it does to me is gives me more stress.

The more I try the more we are given work to do. I can't handle all that stress, & it's not all about the "welcome to college" crap!!.

We should be given leeway & time to do the work & not given an expiration date which would be due the next day!!. The work & the teacher doesn't let me have any fun at all anymore!!.

I feel like I am in a small bathroom with 100 people standing all around me that I can't breathe, & I can't get out!!.

Lately I have become depressed, sad, & angry within myself. When I have realized it, the more I want to enjoy life again!.

I feel that it is NOT worth the hassle,anguish,stress that I am put through just so that I have to finish the English work!.

It is not fair!!. So, I will be quitting soon, perhaps maybe this Tuesday or Thursday, not sure which day, yet.

You ask me "what pisses me off"??? It's that english class that I registered for!!. The sooner I quit, the sooner I can become happier with my life again!!.

If I quit, it will just become an "incomplete", & I am not given an 'F' grade for. Thank goodness. I am quiting early, that's the good reasons for that.

If I would have waited longer, then, I probably would have gotten an 'F'.

Halelua for being able to quit early & not be given an F on my record!!.

Aloha.
            Aches & Pains
            (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Unfortunatelyl Serenity...

English is a requirement....What level are you taking?

You will be very limited in your selection of Higher Level classes until you do meet minimum English proficiency which is based upon completion of those classes.

You will eventually have to take it again and this time I recommend possibly asking for assistance from the teacher from Day 1.

Either that or pay Scrivener to write your papers....(just kidding)

Good luck with the rest of your classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                I registered for an english class a while back,

the english teacher gives work on top of work, & it leaves me to become a hermit at my own home with my English work always trying to catch up, & all it does to me is gives me more stress.

The more I try the more we are given work to do. I can't handle all that stress, & it's not all about the "welcome to college" crap!!.

We should be given leeway & time to do the work & not given an expiration date which would be due the next day!!. The work & the teacher doesn't let me have any fun at all anymore!!.

I feel like I am in a small bathroom with 100 people standing all around me that I can't breathe, & I can't get out!!.

Lately I have become depressed, sad, & angry within myself. When I have realized it, the more I want to enjoy life again!.

I feel that it is NOT worth the hassle,anguish,stress that I am put through just so that I have to finish the English work!.

It is not fair!!. So, I will be quitting soon, perhaps maybe this Tuesday or Thursday, not sure which day, yet.

You ask me "what pisses me off"??? It's that english class that I registered for!!. The sooner I quit, the sooner I can become happier with my life again!!.

If I quit, it will just become an "incomplete", & I am not given an 'F' grade for. Thank goodness. I am quiting early, that's the good reasons for that.

If I would have waited longer, then, I probably would have gotten an 'F'.

Halelua for being able to quit early & not be given an F on my record!!.

Aloha.

Serenity, why'd you sign up for the English class anyway? Is it a requirement for a program of study or an elective? One thing I used to do whenever I took one of those dreaded "required" classes in which I had no interest, I'd just grit my teeth and plow through it, knowing that the end of the quarter/semester would come soon enough and then I'd never have to worry about that course (or the teacher) again, and in those classes, I always managed to get at least a C grade. And if it's a requirement for you, you'll still have to take it sometime anyway, won't you?

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                  Unfortunatelyl Serenity...

English is a requirement....What level are you taking?

You will be very limited in your selection of Higher Level classes until you do meet minimum English proficiency which is based upon completion of those classes.

You will eventually have to take it again and this time I recommend possibly asking for assistance from the teacher from Day 1.

Either that or pay Scrivener to write your papers....(just kidding)

Good luck with the rest of your classes.
                  Now that's an idea!!!. Thanks Manoa.

Hey!!. Scrivener, how much can I pay you to do my english work & pass??

Can you wait, when I finally get financial assistance?.

Manoa, I will probably take it again when I am ready.

What we are doing is, trying to do a chapter on our english work, finish 61 questions from 4 chapter of the book that we raed called "blue skin of the sea", (which has 11 chapter technically) we wave to write on one of the chapter as a reaction papers etc..

I think that was all due Thursday's english class, & I skipped it & didn't bother going, due to the stress I received!!.

Hm,....

I might try to do some kind of work, even though I will be quiting anyway, just so that to make it look like I actually did something.

Manoa, you are right about one thing, perhaps I should have sought help, but I didn't or didn't think of it, perhaps because the work that was given us, especially on a Tuesday, which was due Thursday, & I just didn'y have time to go back to school on wednesday to get help when it is due on Thursday, you know?.

Thanks any way.

Aloha. =)
                  Last edited by Serenity; October 7, 2006, 07:05 PM.
                  Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                    Serenity, why'd you sign up for the English class anyway? Is it a requirement for a program of study or an elective? One thing I used to do whenever I took one of those dreaded "required" classes in which I had no interest, I'd just grit my teeth and plow through it, knowing that the end of the quarter/semester would come soon enough and then I'd never have to worry about that course (or the teacher) again, and in those classes, I always managed to get at least a C grade. And if it's a requirement for you, you'll still have to take it sometime anyway, won't you?

Miulang
                    Well...

I am taking up non credit sign language which didn't require any other classes such as english, but...

once I finish all the way up to the last class of my ASL, then I was thinking of taking up an english class just so that like you, to get it out of the way.

What I should have done is, wait until I was done with all my non credit ASL, then concentrate on the english by itself, but I didin't.

By me taking up a credit ASL (american sign language), it is required of me to take up an english credit, that's the reasons being that I took it, which I am regreting now, that I didn't wait when I was ready to take it.

Yes, I can probably take it again. Perhaps Then I will be able to concentrate more on the subject than having two.

I guess it'a been a long time since I actually went to college to persue something like that.

a couple of years ago I had gone to HCC, just to take it, I barely passed the english there too. Atleast I had a credit from it.

I may be hard on myself, but, I think since I have left high school long time ago ( I think in 1987), it has really been difficult for me to get back in the groove with english class, math etc. It probably would have been better to take it right after high school, which I didn't due to a longer personal story which I wont get into right now.

Thanks for the reply back, though.

Aloha.
                    Last edited by Serenity; October 7, 2006, 07:07 PM.
                    Aches & Pains

Comment

... Couterfeiters
                      ... People who think that they need a computer technician to move computers and their peripherals - from one end of the house to the other!
                      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                        Well...

I may be hard on myself, but, I think since I have left high school long time ago ( I think in 1987), it has really been difficult for me to get back in the groove with english class, math etc. It probably would have been better to take it right after high school, which I didn't due to a longer personal story which I wont get into right now.

Aloha.
                        No hilahila! I went to grad school after 10 years of being away from academia. Then I waited another 20 years before I went back and got a Project Manager's certificate at night (now I have to take a PMP licensing exam). The thing that really really helps when you've been away from the books for a long time is to study with a bunch of people. That way, the odds will be good that you excel in something that the others don't and vice versa, so you all end up doing better. Plus misery loves company, right?

Miulang
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
                          ... People who think that they need a computer technician to move computers and their peripherals - from one end of the house to the other!

If you got paid by those people, you shouldn't be pissed off doing it (unless you realize that you could have charged them more for being either technophobes or lazy).

Miulkang

Comment

No hilahila! I went to grad school after 10 years of being away from academia. Then I waited another 20 years before I went back and got a Project Manager's certificate at night (now I have to take a PMP licensing exam). The thing that really really helps when you've been away from the books for a long time is to study with a bunch of people. That way, the odds will be good that you excel in something that the others don't and vice versa, so you all end up doing better. Plus misery loves company, right?

Miulang
                            Shoooots, I should have asked for some advice from you long time ago.

Well...

Better late than never!.

I'll take that advice with me when I take up a credit course & when or if I find it starting to become difficult, I'll remember what you say.

Thanks.

Aloha.=)
                            Aches & Pains

Comment

If you got paid by those people, you shouldn't be pissed off doing it (unless you realize that you could have charged them more for being either technophobes or lazy).
                              My heart won't let me do any evil things to people, so I don't even charge them (plus, they're family). It just irks me that they don't know the line that seperates things that they can do by themselves and what I should be doing for them.
                              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
                                ... People who don't either silence their phones or turn them off while in the library!!! I'd like to throw my laptop's power brick at their heads - especially the people who did it multiple times.
                                I usually confront the person or call a security guard for stuff like this. Much more effective then throwing a laptop power brick that may damage the item, as well as earning you assault charges.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                                USA TODAY, page 2A
                                11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                                X