Choco Taco on Oahu anywhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choco Taco on Oahu anywhere?

Occasionally I get a craving for a Choco Taco--does anybody know where I can buy them individually on Oahu?

Here's a link to what the outside wrapper of this product looks like too.

I noticed that the ABC stores don't carry 'em, and I don't think I've seen them at 7-11s either. I'm not a big sweets person in general, so I'm clueless about where else to look for individually sold choco tacos. If you happen to see one being sold, please let me know where! Any help in finding them is greatly appreciated.

Re: Choco Taco on Oahu anywhere?

I haven't had one of those in years and haven't looked for them here. They are a tasty treat; I'll keep a look out for you.

Comment

Speaking of ice cream sandwiches, where can I get an It's It in Honolulu? Haven't had one of those in years.

Comment

I wasn't sure until this afternoon when I visited Sue' Mini-Mart on the corner of Kanunu and Kaheka Streets.

It cost $1.45 including tax for it.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
          I wasn't sure until this afternoon when I visited Sue' Mini-Mart on the corner of Kanunu and Kaheka Streets.

It cost $1.45 including tax for it.
          For the Choco Taco? Or the It's It?

Comment

Whoa. ARTIFICIALLY flavored fudge. Milk chocolate FLAVORED coating? And as with most commercial sweets, it probably has it's share of high fructose corn syrup. Either you're under 40 and hale or over 50 and your doctor's got you on really good meds. <LOL> I'm the latter and I'm not allowed to eat that kind of stuff. I'm just jealous. <sigh>

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
              For the Choco Taco? Or the It's It?
              For the Choco Taco.

Comment

handi pantry across kaimuki library has had the choco taco for years. good stuff indeed.

Comment

I went to the 24hr Shell this morning on Pua Lane and N. King Street. Plenty Choco Tacos for $1.29 each. I bought one to try. I'm eating it now. Yummy. I going back to buy some moa!

Auntie Lynn

btw: Dangerous area - no come. Leave the Choco Tacos foa me!
                  Last edited by 1stwahine; February 20, 2006, 08:28 AM.
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                    Speaking of ice cream sandwiches, where can I get an It's It in Honolulu? Haven't had one of those in years.
                    Did you ever find a source for the It's It? We were in CA recently, and my boyfriend got a craving...we looked in a couple of grocery stores, Longs, and a couple of gas stations in Napa and Paso Robles but couldn't find one. I'd love to find a source here on Oahu and surprise him with one some time!

Comment

I've not had one for years, but the last time I did, I'm fairly certain it was purchased at the 7-Eleven on Kailua Road, by Gecko's Books & Comics.

Along the lines of Da Rolling Eye's observations, my ice cream sandwich of choice these days SHOULD BE a Skinny Cow ...
                      I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
                        Did you ever find a source for the It's It? We were in CA recently, and my boyfriend got a craving...we looked in a couple of grocery stores, Longs, and a couple of gas stations in Napa and Paso Robles but couldn't find one. I'd love to find a source here on Oahu and surprise him with one some time!
                        No... but then again I haven't been looking that hard. I checked the It's It company web site and they say that they sell to Safeway and Costco in California. Maybe Safeway and Costco here carry 'em too?

Comment

AbsolutChaos, call the stores! I was gonna but Antonio is pulling on my leg. It's Play Ball Time in the yard. Aiyah! Here goes Granny!

Auntie Lynn
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I found a box of It's It! (and promptly bought a box because they're SO GOOD omg)

Regularly priced $3.29 for a box of 3 sammiches at Safeway (in Kapolei). I look at Costco whenever I'm there (in Mililani) and have never seen 'em.

They were next to the chocolate covered bananas, which I had to buy, too.

-k

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly0040
                              I found a box of It's It! (and promptly bought a box because they're SO GOOD omg)

Regularly priced $3.29 for a box of 3 sammiches at Safeway (in Kapolei). I look at Costco whenever I'm there (in Mililani) and have never seen 'em.

THANKS!!! I'm willing to drive all the way to Kapolei to get these things and surprise my boyfriend if I can't find 'em in the Safeways in town.

Comment

Working...
                              X