Burgers and sandwiches...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Burgers and sandwiches...

Heidis on Queen has some good paninis.. Also there was the Queen Street Deli on Queen at Alakea, who made a great sandwich. such a variety too, they moved recently to Alakea and changed their name and style to a Thai/Italian place. We used to call that sandwich maker/owner the Sandwich nazi (like the soup nazi from Seinfeld) because it took at least 20 mins to get your sandwich and he was the only one to make them even if there were 20 people waiting.
    n'importe

Comment

COOL! But who loves someting spicy here? I love it when a sandwich or a burger with a spicy twist like the spicy buffalo chicken sandwich, also I love the Jalopeno burger from Hardees.

Comment

Originally posted by vanessa View Post
        COOL! But who loves someting spicy here? I love it when a sandwich or a burger with a spicy twist like the spicy buffalo chicken sandwich, also I love the Jalopeno burger from Hardees.
        Here hear...I like that new Buffalo Chicken Sandwich from KFC...I buy 2 snackers and it's like one full size sandwich at half the price....ono!
        http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
        Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
        Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
          Here hear...I like that new Buffalo Chicken Sandwich from KFC...I buy 2 snackers and it's like one full size sandwich at half the price....ono!
          Tonight for pupus I had kim chee king crab leg chunks from Safeway. I like spicy. But, I know it's not a sammich!
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Huh? half the price? That was cool!
            I like buffalo sandwiches, and I really taste the best buffalo at Hardees specially when putting lots of Franks sauce in it, just perfect for their buffalo sandwich.
            Anyway did anyone notice the prom called "lunch date" ? I guess a date with the sexy model on the Hardees ad named Ashley...
            Who want's to have a lunch date with her? Well she looks hot though!

Comment

we don't have Hardee's here in Hawaii.
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

It was a sad day for me when they shut down the kitchen at O'Toole's. I'd eat a corned beef and provolone for lunch there three times a week, sometimes more. They made their own soup, too. Always epic. I guess I was the only one who knew about the glorious sandwiches there, because despite my vehement protestations, the kitchen is no more. Alas.
                Don't be mean,
                try to help.

Comment

Ohh If you want you can try at Carl's Jr too , they offer the same sandwich. I guess these two fast food chain are sister comapany. Coz it the east coast it's called hardees and in west coast it's called Calr's JR both are offering same sandwiches and menu.

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                    Probably one of my favorite sandwiches is, basically a "caprese" salad on pizzza bread.

Fresh Mozzerella, Roasted peppers, Tomatoes, lettuce on a nice warm, crusty piza bread panini.. Olive oil, basil and a LITTLE garlic...The mozzerella has to be the fresh,soft stuff that they keep in water....Some call it "Buffalo Mozzerella"

Other than that, a nice Chicken salad or egg salad is always nice.
                    Costco has a 1.8 lb container of sliced fresh mozzarella (in water) that is terrific for panini sandwiches.

Fresh basil, fresh mozzarella, roasted red peppers, some olive tapenade, and Genoa salami. Olive oil on the bread, grill the whole thing....>smile<

Comment

Chaos,
                      Not sure which Greek sandwich you were referring to however, Leo's in downtown has excellent gyros and "lite" Greek offerings. There's also a place on University near King that might fix your fix . . . .
                      Aloha.

Comment

The Safeway Greek isn't anything like a gyros. It's peppered turkey with olive spread, pepperoncini, red onions and a vinegar and olive oil mix, best made on a ciabata, but served on the roll of your choice.
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

what the heck is ciabatta in a Greek world?

Eh, we no Italiano. We like da pita in Greece.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                            what the heck is ciabatta in a Greek world?

Eh, we no Italiano. We like da pita in Greece.
                            We didn't name it. We only eat it. sheesh.
                            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I was gonna post "Calm down sistah" but no need. I no worry about da name oh what its called. . . . just dat a Greek samich is made wit a pita, no ciabatta. An dey no turkey run aroun Greece.

Okay I make up da last part about da turkey . . . .. . Aloha

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                                I was gonna post "Calm down sistah" but no need. I no worry about da name oh what its called. . . . just dat a Greek samich is made wit a pita, no ciabatta. An dey no turkey run aroun Greece.

Okay I make up da last part about da turkey . . . .. . Aloha
                                We know what pitas are, too. My guess is it was called Greek for the pepperoncini and the olive spread/olive oil. They could have called it Serotonin on a Shingle and I still would have bought it.
                                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                                X