Maui Grinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maui Grinds

Whats up everyone, I need some help. Me and a bunch of my friends are going to Maui in July for a party and we wanted to know if there are any good local places to eat. Don't want to really eat at the same places that are at home(Oahu). Does anyone know of any hole in the wall places that have awesome grinds? Any help would be awesome.

Re: Maui Grinds

My girlfriend is born and raised on Maui. She said for good plate lunches to check out CUPIES in Kahului, across Dairy Queen.

For awesome buttermilk pancakes (and local food in general), she also recommends TASTY CRUST in Wailuku.

Frankly for me, I like the "touristy" scene. I'll grab some Alexander's Fish 'N' Chips in Kihei, then go site "seeing" at Little Beach in Makena.
    Last edited by Pomai; May 13, 2006, 12:32 PM.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Da Kitchen (Kihei and Kahului). Cupie's is good too and is right in Kahului so it's convenient.

The Tasty Crust pancakes are big (the size of a dinner plate) and greasy. But they have saimin and good mac salad. I grew up on their meatloaf.

WeiWei Noodle House (by the Wailuku Post Office and directly across St. Anthony Church and School) has really good food too.

All of the restaurants on this page still exist except for Cafe O'Lei, which is in Lahaina now. Sam Sato's is around the corner from the Wailuku Post Office too.

Miulang
      Last edited by Miulang; May 13, 2006, 01:08 PM.
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Do you like noodles?
        How about the dry mein at Sam Sato's.
        Get some manju while you're there. Hmm. Perhaps order ahead.
        just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Thanks all, I am going to keep all these places in mind when I am up there.

Comment

I like to eat at Azeka. they have good kal bi!

If you can't make it to Sam Sato's, I would suggest HomeMaid Bakery for some manju and peanut butter mochi. Order ahead for the mochi though. Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
              For awesome buttermilk pancakes (and local food in general), she also recommends TASTY CRUST in Wailuku.
              One time I ordered hot apple pie a la mode at Tasty Crust. The waitress asked "what is that", so I told her "hot apple pie with ice cream on top". To this day I laugh when I think about what she must have thought of my dessert request as she placed a plate that held a piece of apple pie topped with a scoop of ice cream into the microwave to heat up!

Comment

Working...
              X