X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
    I'm so excited for tonight. I can't even concentrate on work right now.

I don't care how nerdy this sounds, but voting is one of my favorite things to do.
    We should ALL be so nerdy!

A nation of nerds would be a good thing...

Comment

Re: Obama Watch

I think Hillery is going to have to be careful. Obama is the optimistic candidate. It seems he brings more positive energy into the race. If the Clintons try to mud sling, I've got a feeling it's got to hit it's target or it will backfire.

Comment

Re: The Hillary Rodham Clinton Watch

Hillary calls Obama on mailed flyers. Youtube link to Hillary's statement and breakdown of the flyer.

Obama's response to Hillary
        Last edited by Vanguard; February 23, 2008, 03:56 PM.

Comment

I've moved a couple of Hillary vs. Obama posts to this general thread. We do have separate threads for Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama, but we'll save those for items focused on them individually and track the actual contest here.

Comment

Will hillary allow her huge ego to be humbled, and accept the VP position with Obama?! That's my only question for now, and yeah am still laughing at myself for thinking the winning ticket will be

"Clinton/Obama!"

I do have to wonder...in closing if in the south that there may be a ton of Democrats that are "closet racists" that will crossover and vote for whomever is on the GOP ticket because they hate or fear Obama as prez. I know human nature dictates that such animals do exist, and just wonder if there's a ton of 'em. That....sadly could give the GOP an unexpected win and as a GOP'er I won't be thrilled cuz I am not voting for McMuffin.
            Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
              I'm so excited for tonight. I can't even concentrate on work right now.

I don't care how nerdy this sounds, but voting is one of my favorite things to do.
              Me too. You know in The Breakfast Club when Anthony Michael Hall shows everyone his fake I.D. and they ask him what he needs one for? He says, "So I can vote," like it's the obvious answer. I've always loved that line. I used to feel the same way, when I was a kid.

I think it's one of the reasons I felt so depressed Tuesday night. Not being a member of the party that was caucusing, I had to look at all the proceedings as an outsider, looking in at all the nice people participating in the process -- without me. It was kinda sad.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
                Will hillary allow her huge ego to be humbled, and accept the VP position with Obama?! That's my only question for now, and yeah am still laughing at myself for thinking the winning ticket will be

"Clinton/Obama!"
                If Clinton were to run as his VP candidate, wouldn't it be Obama/Clinton?
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                  Me too. You know in The Breakfast Club when Anthony Michael Hall shows everyone his fake I.D. and they ask him what he needs one for? He says, "So I can vote," like it's the obvious answer. I've always loved that line. I used to feel the same way, when I was a kid.

I think it's one of the reasons I felt so depressed Tuesday night. Not being a member of the party that was caucusing, I had to look at all the proceedings as an outsider, looking in at all the nice people participating in the process -- without me. It was kinda sad.
                  This was my first caucus. And I voted for people like you, Scrivener. I felt it was my duty to get behind a candidate I could believe in. Too bad super delegates don't seem to grasp that sense of community, voting on behalf of a constituency instead of sucking up to the candidate that is clearly not the people's choice.
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Lavagirl, you must have misread me. Yes, it would be and that is why I said I am laughing at myself for suggesting a couple of weeks ago and longer that it will be "clinton/obama."
                    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Hillary mocks Obama in Rhode Island rally

Comment

Lavagirl, you must have misread me. Yes, it would be and that is why I said I am laughing at myself for suggesting a couple of weeks ago and longer that it will be "clinton/obama."
                        Sorry, Karen!

It certainly is an INTERESTING race! Here we are at such a crossroads in American History: Vote for a woman or vote for an African American man? IF only this didn't come up in the same year! Shirley Chisolm was certainly ahead of her time, I'd love to get her perspective.

Thanks for the link, Vanguard. I don't know why Clinton's speech writers let her go off like that. It's very itchyb.
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Spoken in Mister Roger's voice:

Can you say "act of desperation?"

Can you say "crash-and-burn?"
                          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Will hillary allow her huge ego to be humbled, and accept the VP position with Obama?!
                            Well, it's fun to speculate. So who do you all think Obama will choose as running mate?

I don't think it will be Hillary--the men who have flocked to Obama, many who are independents, can't stand her. He'll already be able to get the votes of Hillary supporters, so she doesn't give anything additional to the ticket and may harm it.

As for John Edwards, he's linked to Kerry and the old Democratic guard--Obama will want to maintain his "freshness" and independence from that.

A good pick might be former Senator Sam Nunn of Georgia--he balances the ticket as an older, white male, with important military/foreign affairs credentials. He plays the role Dick Cheney did for Bush with his inside-the-Beltway know-how, his "maturity," and overall gravitas. The only problem is that he may be too conservative for Obama.
                            * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                            - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Will hillary allow her huge ego to be humbled, and accept the VP position with Obama?! That's my only question for now...
                              Would they be able to work well together?
                              Would she help under his leadership?
                              Would Obama want her as V.P.?
                              Would she accept?

That's the downside of running against political candidates while in the same party.
                              Gotta overcome the negativity afterwards, no matter which way it goes.
                              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X