How's The Vog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's The Vog?

How is the vog for you? Is it a problem or an inconvenience, has it cut visitors to the Big Island?

Re: How's The Vog?

What? Sorry, I can't see my computer screen cause the vog is too thick.
    You can take the boy out of Hilo but you can't take the Hilo out of the boy!

Comment

My father just returned from the island of Hawaii and said it's been terrible lately. Reduced visibility in Hilo on occasion and even evacuations in Ocean View in the southwest part of the island.
      http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...LOCALNEWSFRONT
      “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
      http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

I just returned from Oahu and as soon as the trades stopped, the entire island was blanketed in vog. Downtown Honolulu looked like LA.
        Luckily it came in on our last day there
        My friend who has lived there for 25 years said she had never seen the vog so bad here.

Comment

Honolulu, April 25, 2008.

Honolulu, May 16, 2008

Late yesterday, May 22, 2008. Clouds & vog mixed.

Supposed to be better today, May 23.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Is the vog all encompassing? Even as far northwest as Haleiwa?

And what about Kauai?

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
              How is the vog for you? Is it a problem or an inconvenience, has it cut visitors to the Big Island?
              I wonder how the combination of vog and the airlines raising prices will affect our tourism? Many of our current tourists (and those coming this summer) bought their tickets months ago, so are already committed to their trips. But for those who are still "shopping" for a future vacation destination, I wonder how many will go elsewhere considering the vog, higher airline prices (and that some airlines are even now charging for baggage!), and all the recent bad press that was given due to having major airlines go out of business and stranding thousands of Hawaii visitors. There is not even the option of renting a car to get you home when you are stranded across ocean.

My work travel requires mainland trips, and we are already cutting back on the number of trips and switching around some responsibities so fewer people need to travel.
              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Yep, North Shore voggy too...can't see the eastern end of the island as usual (we can usually see the church steeple at Waimea,) and our mountain ridge on this western side is obscured. Not as bad as last few days, but a bummer when family is in town. At least I can see the horizon today.

Comment

Hi, I just returned from Honolulu this morning (Sat 5/24) the VOG was so thick all the locals were compairing it to LA (I still got sun burned) but its still better than a crappy day back in Chicago

Comment

Clear and beautiful up here all day today, thanks to the trades.

Comment

Was last Thursday the worst day of the vog? Can breathing too much of that stuff affect your thinking and writing? I think I saw psychedelic geckos across the universe.

Comment

Very pretty today. I saw Olomana from my kitchen window and the Ko'olau mountains on either side of it---clear and lovely.

Comment

Working...
                        X