Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maui 4 Halloween

**Wow**

That was a great trip. We did the whole island, no joke. Except for a couple of things. Awsome getaway!!!!

And we behaved like college kids. With a little help from locals here and there, we found our way around. I even know how to check Jaws now. Hehehe

Comment

Brandon, any details on Front Street last night? Memorable costumes? Crazy folks? Photos? Common man, you gotta' give more details than just "doing the whole island"!
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
        Brandon, any details on Front Street last night? Memorable costumes? Crazy folks? Photos? Common man, you gotta' give more details than just "doing the whole island"!
        Oh gosh, where to start. Guys dressed up as women. Then we saw the life sized penis costume group (5 or 6 people). Gouls to bums. Then I saw a Jamaican Bobsled team ROFL!!! Caravan of cars which was really interesting. They had a tourist car that I kinda walked near; which made it more authentic.

I am trying to get pictures uploaded from my friends camera. Hopefully we can get some up this week. Um, what else...lots of girls wearing practically nothing. Lots of people just hangin, observing the scene. I am glad I didnt see any fights either. I was kinda skeptical about that around there. Some locals were alittle rough at times, but the vibe was never too bad.

I did have a few shots, so my memory is faded by the gang of costumes. Coldstone was perfect after walking around and getting hot and sweaty. Oh sooo good. Berry berry berry good.

Comment

Tell me more!

Details??? etc... You posted to HT asking about housing during the event... so where'd you guys stay?... Or what street did you pass out on?

Was it better than the Cali scene that you talked about?

Still hung over?

Glad you never got arrested.... Waikiki was more crazy than I expected...
          and you know me... nope no costume... (and my frickin camera was sitting on my desk at work!)

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
            Tell me more!

Details??? etc... You posted to HT asking about housing during the event... so where'd you guys stay?... Or what street did you pass out on?

Was it better than the Cali scene that you talked about?

Still hung over?

Glad you never got arrested.... Waikiki was more crazy than I expected...
            and you know me... nope no costume... (and my frickin camera was sitting on my desk at work!)
            Saturday, we camped at Kanaha Beach Park after chillen at HA Baldwin beach down the road some ways. That was fun, tide came up again, as I was sleeping on the beach with my sleeping bag but managed to wake up and move up some.

Sunday, we kept driving on the Hana Highway. BEAUTIFUL DRIVE! We went to Jaws (halfway and turned around). Came up on a perfect looking bay with left and rights peeling for surfing (lack of surfboard made it hard to actually surf). We chilled there for about an hour. Then went to the National Park where the black sand beach has smooth pebble like rocks. This also had a blow hole which was cool as well. Then at the end of the day we got to Koki beach. Red sand and a cool rock outside. Later that night we went to Lahaina...

Monday, we camped along side the roadway on the beach and woke up to blue-green water, again. Then off to Iao valley. That was cool cuz we were just messin around in the pools. With tiny waterfalls to rolls off of, its hard not to stub one's toe on a rock. We were pelting eachother with passion fruits mimicking the warrior fighters. After that we met up with the rest of the caravan and camped just south of our original camp spot outside of Lahaina.

Tuesday, woke up and got a couple of longboards and surfed along side the shallow coral beds and got some waves. That was refreshing-got some sun, waves and exercise. Then it was party time at night. The traffic was starting to come in as we watched all of the people drive through the highway.

Lahaina was epic. There were people all over the place wearing crazy costumes acting funny and having a ball. I am definitly going back to Maui to finish what I started.

Comment

The Maui News review of the Lahaina Halloween festivities said it was mostly "mellow", which will probably ensure that there will be a 2007 version of the party, as opposed to Halloween festivities in other parts of the country (like in San Francisco, where some people got shot).

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Thats me, tourist, leaning back. I look like a midget, hahah.

Driving to Lahaina

Comment

My buddy Kirk in the middle...

Me asking for directions to the "Pride of Maui" ... And no, Im not a hunch back, I was posing for the picture

Jamaica Bob Sled Team...

Comment

tooooooooooooooo the top

Comment

Brandon... that doesn't qualify as a costume if your being yourself
                      Dude... glad you had a good time...and like I said... come Oahu sometime!

P.S. you were missing a camera and plastic lei!
                      Last edited by damontucker; November 3, 2006, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                        Brandon... that doesn't qualify as a costume if your being yourself
                        Dude... glad you had a good time...and like I said... come Oahu sometime!

P.S. you were missing a camera and plastic lei!
                        I had the camera in the fanny pack, and the lei...yeah well thats another 2 dollars I could have spent on "gas"

Comment

Working...
                        X