Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting Oahu and Maui

Good day!

I will be flying to Hawaii next week Oct 25 and spend 5 days each in Oahu and Maui. I am just a bit concerned about the trip after hearing about the earthquake (Hope everyone is ok over there). Me and my wife are thinking whether we should cancel the trip or not. Anyone in Oahu or Maui can share some information as to the status of the places? Is it still worth pushing through with the trip or should we just cancel it?

Thanks a lot! Any information or help is appreciated!

Re: Visiting Oahu and Maui

Originally posted by Minute View Post
    Good day!

I will be flying to Hawaii next week Oct 25 and spend 5 days each in Oahu and Maui. I am just a bit concerned about the trip after hearing about the earthquake (Hope everyone is ok over there). Me and my wife are thinking whether we should cancel the trip or not. Anyone in Oahu or Maui can share some information as to the status of the places? Is it still worth pushing through with the trip or should we just cancel it?

Maui and Oahu are fine; the Big Island of Hawai'i is where most of the physical devastation occurred. There is a possibility of aftershocks from the earthquakes on Sunday, but it's doubtful that they would be of the same magnitude as those which occurred on Sunday. Go to Maui and Oahu and have a great time!

Miulang

P.S. Hawai'i is always subject to microquakes by virtue of its being part of the Pacific Ring of Fire, but most of the time those microquakes aren't felt at all.
    Last edited by Miulang; October 19, 2006, 09:42 AM.
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Even though the Big Island has been hit hard, things are returning to some
      sort of normalcy here. They are still going forward with Saturday's Ironman
      Triathlon, despite this quake.
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Minute View Post
        Good day!

Were back to normal! Come and enjoy yourself...and spend plenty money here while your at it!

Enjoy your trip... and hey... I can't guarantee we won't get hit with another Earthquake while your here...but hey you only live once.

Comment

Aloha Minute!!

Welcome to HT and to the Islands!! Hope you guys have fun while your here . I'm on Oahu and no of no one that suffered any damage/injuries.
          I never would have put Hawaii + earthquake together, go figure. It was absolutely a super scary first time experience for me and my ohana but were ok now. I wouldn't cancel your trip .

a hui hou,
          Chuck aka LocoBoy

Comment

Aloha Minute!
            Aloha and welcome to HT and also to the Islands! There were no damages to Oahu and Maui so everything is going good after the earthquake that we just had on Sunday. I never imagine that the 6.6 earthquake could reach Oahu. It was pretty scary. I hope that you and your wife will have fun on your vacation to the Islands.
            Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Thanks for all the reply Am now packing my stuff and looking forward to visiting Hawaii!

Comment

Working...
              X