X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: American Idol Season 9

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    [...]
    I don't know about any sexual tensions between Ellen and Simon. Fans found it sorta cute between Simon and Paula, since both of them were single and left a lot of room for speculation about what they were doing behind the scenes. But Ellen, lest we forget, is legally married to her partner (Portia de Rossi) so any kind of flirting carried on between the two in front of the AI cameras might be a hard-sell. And because Ellen is married, any tabloid rumors about the two of them will come off as sleazy and scandalous rather than something that is cute and playful.[...]
    You have a point, FM, and it's well taken. My point was based on Ellen knowing when and when not to take a situation to the brink; that she's a good judge (no pun intended!) of that. I feel Ellen is capable of flirting with Simon and attempting to create sexual tension in a playful, cute and tasteful manner. I've seen her do that with several guys who have guested on her show and she's just so funny in her attempts. Time will tell!

Comment

It'll only work if she's uninhibited, unafraid to take it over the top, and willing to (literally) ride Simon's face. Make him earn his money!
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
        and willing to (literally) ride Simon's face. Make him earn his money!
        I don't think she goes that way.

Comment

On your mark...
          Get set...
          Tomorrow!
          Go Ellen. Go Ellen. Go Ellen!

Comment

Yeah, but I saw somewhere today that Ellen said a few weeks ago that if Simon left, she would too. And today Simon announced that this is his last season on the show.
            He's going to produce and be a judge on a similar show, and supposedly he's already talked to Paula about joining him.
            Musical chairs on TV these days!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Ellen isn't on beginning tonight. She'll join the other judges when the Hollywood rounds begin. 'Til then, lotsa music celebs will be part of the judges panel during auditions.

Ellen mentioned Simon's departure on her show today but didn't indicate anything beyond that.

Comment

Is "Pants on the ground" man the breakout star this season?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                  Is "Pants on the ground" man the breakout star this season?
                  I think so! I'm seeing that expression all over the internet! I love that guy!

Comment

http://beatcrave.com/2010-01-28/gene...y-be-a-ripoff/

I'm not a music expert, so I can't tell.

Comment

Is Bikini Boy going to do a duet with William Hung?

Comment

I saw bits and pieces of a couple of the audition shows, but skipped them for the most part. I'll probably skip watching all future audition episodes.
                        Missed the first couple of finalist shows too. Five hours a week? Too much.
                        Finally down to three hours a week. Watched tonight's show. Six of the 8 girls are totally forgettable. Didi Benami was okay, but Crystal Bowersox is miles ahead of the other 7. Overall the weakest group of female AI finalists that I recall seeing.
                        Hopefully the guys are better. Won't be able to see it live tomorrow night but will DVR it.
                        Anybody else watching this season?

Comment

I thought Didi Benami was wonderful tonight. Shook my certainty that one of the men will be THE Idol this year.

Comment

I was working with AI on in the background tonight. During the auditions, the judges proclaimed this was the best group of girls...ever. Seems they got rid of them before the top 12 (girls) were selected! Crystal Bowersox rox! So far, she's the one to beat.

Comment

Just watched the Wednesday night episode of the guys. Michael "Big Mike" Lynche was easily the best.
                              Overall, nobody this season jumps out at me as a future star or as a reason that I look forward to the next episodes. There's no Carrie Underwood or Adam Lambert this time around. Too bad.
                              Having only seen all of them only once, I'd say it's between Big Mike and Crystal Bowersox to win this season.
                              I doubt my opinion will change as they start doing the different genres and styles, but we'll see.

Comment

I'm nervous for my top three men (not including Big Mike) since everyone has to sing a Rolling Stones song next week. Never mind the Idol band just isn't up to the challenge.

I hope Aaron Kelly goes with "Angie".

Comment

Working...
                                X