"Lost" Season 3 News & Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" Season 3 News & Sightings

How do you do the "hide spoiler" button thing. I typed up a jumbled synopsis, but a few read have read it on a list I am on and liked it. Let me know how to do the spoiler button and I'll post what I wrote.

Thanks, KalihiBoy

Comment

Mahalo. Not surprised to learn that most of what they did is on the editing room floor somewhere! But good to know that this is the week that footage from their adventure got used ...so the fam can scan the background if they like.

aloha...
      Last edited by 808shows.com; October 1, 2006, 12:01 PM.
      808shows.com / 808PhotoVault.com / Hawaiian Express Records...

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
        How do you do the "hide spoiler" button thing.
        In the message editor, there's a "spoiler" button -- a red "no" circle. Or, you can just type in the SPOILER tag the same way you would B for bold or I for italic.

Here's one summary of the many out there.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know how to do that actually my spoiler was the very first one posted, someone cut and paste what I wrote but I had given them permission to do it so its all cool.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Very cool. You're ajm25? You're famous!

Actually, it does look like that page is a compilation of all the various recaps from around the web. You can get a pretty good feel of what happens, altogether... but on the other hand, if you're spoiler curious, I can vouch for the clear fact that reading individual recollections of it is very different from watching it.

For what it's worth, I posted some video clips from last night here. No spoilers, just some of the scene and the cast introductions.

Comment

No, I'm Henry Gale. >;-0

But seriously, yes that is me, I'm finding my very long synopsis posted all over the place. I tried to be as detailed as possible but I missed the first minute or so because so many people in front of me were standing and wouldnt sit down so it was hard to see what was going on.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Read the KITV breakfast blog and sounds like Sawyer was drunk at the Lost premier. Mr. Eko talked about getting arrested.

Also I knew Kate was hot but I had no idea Sun is a hottie too.

http://www.thehawaiichannel.com/this...51/detail.html

It's http://www.thehawaiichannel.com/this...51/detail.html

Comment

Presuming that this "behind the scenes" thread continues parallel to the one discussing Season 3 episodes as they air, some notes for those who dare to look.

First, if you haven't heard, there will again be a "LOST" specific presentation during the Hawaii International Film Festival. It's next Saturday, Oct. 21, at 12:30 p.m. at Dole. Presently I think only a couple of actors are expected to sit alongside members of the creative team, but last year's panel was great, so we'll certainly be there. Tickets went on sale to the general public yesterday.

Secondly, a generic "LOST" filming update, generic insofar as I don't know yet which actor/character was attached... but they were in Waialua again last week (a.k.a. Nigeria and the Australian Outback). They took over a produce packing plant (basically a run down old house) and turned it into a bar, then actually built a church next door and filmed in front of that, as well. Lots of construction for this set, apparently, and a couple of delayed asparagus shipments.

Last Spoiler Warning!

Finally, another "LOST" filming update, this one with a detail you might not want to read if you're spoiler-phobic. (I'm going to presume, though, that this thread can be expected to contain spoilers, now that it's separated from the 'episodes as aired' thread.)

On Monday, they were at St. Clement's Church on Wilder Avenue in Makiki. Dear anapuni808 was one of two folks to send me some scoops, which included a ton of flower arrangements being hauled in and a Miami/Dade police car parked outside. But it gets better. A local member of another "LOST" message board hung around long enough to spot Evangeline Lilly ("Kate")... in a wedding gown. We know from reports elsewhere that Nathan Fillion (Capt. Mal from "Firefly"/"Serenity") was previously cast to play Kate's husband in a flashback. So I guess this is where he'll surface.

Belated thanks to Kimo for this sighting a couple of weeks ago. I'm guessing they were making use of the hiking trail there. If you get any more details, be sure to pass them along!

Comment

Putting this here as this isn't episode related...

The "LOST" gang placed a full-page, full-color ad in Sunday's Honolulu Star-Bulletin. It was placed on the back of section A. It was a nice letter of thanks to Hawaii for its support of the show.

Here's the text of the letter:
                    MAHALO!

To the people of the City and County of Honolulu and the State of Hawaii:

Many thanks for your aloha spirit in welcoming LOST to Hawaii and helping create one of the best shows on television.

Right from the start you were there for us. In January 2004, after the pilot was ordered to production, we searched the world for the right location to base this series. When Hawaii was considered, we made two phone calls - to the Hawaii and Honolulu Film Offices. That's all it took. They told us everything we needed was there and encouraged us to come to Oahu immediately and scout locations. Seventeen hours later, we were driving around the island. It did not take us long to conclude they were right. Hawaii was the home for LOST.

Having the right location was a good start. We needed more resources and Hawaii provided that as well. We needed people to make a great show. A top-notch production team was quickly assembled, using the rich base of skilled local artisans and technicians already established in the islands. With the support of many well-equipped vendors, public and private support, our crew put a jumbo jet airliner on the beach in the North Shore in record time and our adventure began.

This week, we are producing our 55th episode. The natural beauty of Hawaii is not only the tropical setting for LOST's deserted island, Oahu locations have doubled for the Australian outback, Sydney, New York, London, Iowa, Iraq and other exotic locales around the world.

Mahalo for graciously accepting us into the community during the two and a half years we have produced LOST. Oahu is home to us. The majority of our crew remains local. But, a few lucky mainlanders are now a part of the ohana and well on their way to becoming kamaaina.

On Saturday, September 30, nearly 14,000 locals spent an evening on the beach in Waikiki screening this season's premiere episode of LOST. tt was an inspiring expression of appreciation, loyalty and camaraderie. We thank you for your support and collaboration in creating a series that has changed television forever.

MAHALO NUI LOA FOR YOUR KOKUA AND ALOHA

Respectfully,

The Producers of LOST
                    Touchstone Television
                    ABC Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                      Putting this here as this isn't episode related...

The "LOST" gang placed a full-page, full-color ad in Sunday's Honolulu Star-Bulletin. It was placed on the back of section A. It was a nice letter of thanks to Hawaii for its support of the show.

Here's the text of the letter:
                      That was really nice of them to acknowledge fans and non-fans alike.

Despite the show not really focused around Hawaii itself, it's great to see the healthy relationship between the producers/cast and the people.

Now if only I could manage to "bump" into Rodrigo Santoro...I'd be a happy camper! Maybe I should start frequenting Pearl more often!
                      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                      We're not here to mess around
                      Boston, you know we love you madly
                      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                      You know we couldn't live without you
                      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

There was another "LOST" seminar featured in the Fall 2006 Louis Vuitton Hawaii International Film Festival this afternoon at Dole. Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond Hume), Jorge Garcia (Hugo Reyes) and Michael Emerson (Benjamin Linus) were there, along with producer Jean Higgins, and moderator Elizabeth Kieszkowski (Honolulu Advertiser).

Posted some photos at the link above. As with last year's panel, I'm hoping to share the audio from the session as well. (The sound was horrid, though.) Not as big a crowd this year, which was surprising. But it was all for the better, as it meant most folks in the audience who had questions were able to ask them.

No big secrets were spilled, of course. Indeed, a lot of the questions Kieszkowski prepared as well as those from the audience were exactly the same questions asked of them last time.

It was mentioned that the cave scene this week was filmed on the Big Island (Kaumana Caves?), which is notable in that up 'til now "LOST" was all O'ahu save for some soundstage work in L.A. And Michael Emerson seemed to have the loosest lips, mentioning a scene he filmed climbing Makapu'u (which we haven't seen yet) and hypothesizing (as many fans have) that the island is man-made but then backtracking playfully.

My wife got a picture with both Emerson and Cusick, the latter making her especially giddy!

Comment

AHHHHHH! *is envious of Jen x 596414135457867673414* *le sigh*
                          I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Don't you mean x 4815162342?

There's a short write-up of the session in this morning's Advertiser. And the accompanying photo gallery may include a couple of familiar faces...

Comment

Don't you mean x 4815162342?
                              Yes that's the EXACT number, actually. How'd you know?

And the accompanying photo gallery may include a couple of familiar faces...
                              Ahhhh! I'm jealous of you now too PZ! So I guess that means I'm envious 4815162342 x 4815162342?
                              Last edited by Lei K; October 22, 2006, 11:26 AM. Reason: I need a hug from Des too! *le sob*
                              I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

4815162342 x 108.

Advertiser article was a very interesting read, thanks for the linkage!
                                myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Working...
                                X