Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michael Paulo's Smooth Jazz Nights concert series

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Tickets are still available altho' I doubt there are many. This should be a great concert but how does anyone follow Brian Culbertson?! I'm still wired after that one. So happy I taped it. Still, Braun and Elliot are no slackers in the world of smooth jazz. I hear they put on an incredible show. Sooooo looking forward to it.
    I totally envy you!!! Even on FB!!
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      I totally envy you!!! Even on FB!!
      Heh. Michael should hire me for social media PR!!!

Comment

R&R (they tour using that moniker) did not disappoint tonight.
        :::S:M:O:K:I:N':::H:O:T:::

I'd not seen Richard Elliot live before and I was truly caught off guard at what an incredible sax player he is. I honestly don't even know how to explain his performance. After the Brian Culbertson concert last Nov. I was a bit concerned that it was going to be too tough an act to follow but...Nope! It was another hit out of the ballpark for Michael Paulo.

And there I was...with my good video camera, 2 charged batteries, no tape and no glasses...AND Rick Braun playing in the audience 2' in front of my knees. Waaaaah!

Another incredible night of jazz...zzz...zz...zzzzzzzz

Comment

Smooth Jazz Nights concert #12 comin' up for Oahu and Maui! From their newletter...

OAHU:

Get tickets to Smooth Jazz Night's Special Valentine's Show with Peter White, Brian Simpson & Michael Paulo.

Saturday February 13, 2010 at 8:00 pm
          At the Royal Hawaiian Theater in the Royal Hawaiian Center
          Tickets available online at http://www.HonoluluBoxOffice.com.

Peter White is coming off his smash hit album "Good Day!"

MAUI:

Sunday, February 14 - 6:00 pm
          at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center

With Peter White and Michael Paulo with Special Guest Brian Simpson.

For information and tickets go to:
          http://www.MauiArts.org/Feb.html#SmoothJazzNightsXII

Comment

Hana hou!!! March 13 at the Royal Hawaiian Theater in Waikiki. Michael Paulo with former Rippingtons members, Gregg Karukas on keyboards and Paul Taylor on sax.

I had to miss February's concert due to work so no review of that one but I heard it was fabulous...and a sell out. That hurt to hear!!! I wanted to be there so bad!

Comment

AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Stop Taunting me!!!!!!

Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Tickets still available! This series of concerts are, without a doubt, the best jazz concerts I've ever had the pleasure of attending. Last month's concert sold out so don't wait 'til the last minute, 'kay?! Paul Taylor & Gregg Karukas with Michael Paulo & Special Guests. Can you say :::H:O:T:::? I thought so! Julio Iglesias has been postponed. Support local boy, Michael Paulo!

Comment

And another one!

Smooth Jazz Nights in conjunction with Na Hoku O Hawaii Music Festival...
                  Sat. May 29, 8:00p at Aloha Tower Marketplace
                  Featuring Lee Ritenour with special guests Melvin Lee Davis, David Pack and Hawaii's own Michael Paulo.

Can't wait!

Comment

One can use "smokin' hot" to the point of it becoming a cliche. I've already done that! So (cue the violins)...it was another lovely evening of music under the stars...
                    Lee Ritenour...:::smokin' hot:::
                    Michael Paulo...:::smokin' hot:::
                    Melvin Lee Davis...:::smokin' hot:::
                    Ambrosia's David Pack...:::smokin' hot:::
                    And, if that wasn't enough...
                    Kenny Loggins...:::smokin' hot:::
                    Mick Fleetwood...:::smokin' hot:::
                    Together! On one stage! Whatta night! <faint>

Comment

Here we go again, times 2...

More smooth jazz nights with Michael Paulo during July. It just keeps getting better:
                      7/17 - David Benoit (ho! da cute!)
                      7/30 - Mindi Abair, Greg Adams and Freddie Washington
                      (not on the web page yet)
                      At the Royal Hawaiian Theater. My favorite venue! WOOT!

Comment

The David Benoit concert was incredible (trying to avoid :::smokin' hot:::!) and appeared to be a sell-out.

ME Productions presents another exciting "Smooth Jazz Nights" Concert on Friday, July 30 at 8 p.m. at The Royal Hawaiian Theater in Waikiki. The show features Mindi Abair (number one female sax player in the nation), Greg Adams (Tower of Power), Ready Freddie Washington and Michael Paulo. Tickets are available at HonoluluBoxOffice.com. Can't wait!

Comment

I can't think of anything new to write so see post #26 above for my sentiments! Last night's concert was right up there with the Brian Culbertson concert. Mindi Abair was the only musician of the 4 featured musicians who I'd not seen live before. She blew me away. Whatta talent...great sax player and singer, fun personality, great charisma and stage presence. She rocked the theater. No one wanted to see that concert end and, in fact, it did run late which kept management from admitting the nightclub customers on time! We, the smooth jazz audience, couldn't care less!

Comment

Michael Paulo's Pacific Rim Jazz Festival

APAULO MUSIC PRODUCTIONS PRESENTS
                            THE PACIFIC RIM JAZZ FESTIVAL
                            ON NOVEMBER 13

Apaulo Music Productions (Michael Paulo - Owner/Producer) presents the First Pacific Rim Jazz Festival on Saturday, November 13, 2010 at The JW Marriott Ihilani Resort and Spa - Hokulani Ballroom, 4 til 10 p.m. This spectacular event will offer an incredible line-up of international artists, national stars and local favorites. The Festival will be benefiting The Kapolei Foundation: an organization that grants scholarships to deserving students in the Leeward Community of Oahu. One of the goals of the Festival is to raise funds to provide a music scholarship program that will help to promote and nurture Hawaii’s culture and art.

The Entertainers featured on November 13 are Hiroshima (Grammy Nominated Internationally-Known Band), Bobby Caldwell (Songwriter of Mega Hits and Popular Vocalist), Rick Braun (Trumpet Player Extraordinaire), Brian Simpson (Top Keyboardist and Musical Director), Pauline Wilson (Grammy Award Winning Vocalist and Member of “Seawind”), Michael Paulo (Internationally-Acclaimed Saxophonist, Event Producer and Host) and Rene Paulo (Legendary Keyboardist). Making special appearances are some of Hawaii’s most popular performers: Henry Allen, Kathy and Keoki Hirai, DeShannon Higa, Rocky Brown Higa, Jordan Segundo and Al Waterson.

Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased at tix.com or call 951-696-0184. General Admission for Concert Only - 6:30 til 10 p.m. is $75.00 (middle of venue) and $60.00 (back of venue). VIP Reserved Seating (limited seating) - $130.00 - includes gourmet food tasting stations prepared by Ihilani Award Winning Executive Chef Scott Higa and Wine Tasting and VIP pre-concert charity reception from 4 - 6 p.m. with special entertainment. Sponsor Table Seating (limited seating) - $300.00 - includes Reserved table Seating with the best view of the stage and five-course plated dinner by Ihilani’s award-winning Executive Chef Scott Higa and Wine Tasting and VIP pre-concert charity reception from 4 - 6 p.m. with special entertainment. All tickets are non-refundable. Parking available at the JW Marriott Ihilani Resort.

Michael Paulo looks forward to presenting his Jazz Festival on November 13: “I am excited to launch the First Annual Pacific Rim Jazz Festival. After a very successful fifteen year run at “Dolphin Days“, the spirit of the event comes to Oahu. I have been dreaming about doing this for the last ten years. It’s finally here: World Class Artists, Food and Wine, all for a good cause - The Kapolei Foundation, helping our deserving Leeward students continue their higher education.“

This is a concert that you will not want to miss! Fantastic entertainment, great food, and a beautiful setting will create a First Class evening of pure enjoyment!

For more information, www.pacificrimjazzfestival.com

Comment

Tomorrow night is the launch of the first annual Pacific Rim Jazz Festival at the Ihilani Resort...and I can't go...
                              WAAAAAAAAAHHHH
                              Last I heard it was close to a sell-out. What an incredible concert it's going to be. <sobble>

Comment

BRIAN CULBERTSON IS RETURNING!!!

See Brian's opening number from his last concert in Hawaii.
                                See post 26 above!
                                Michael Paulo and Brian on stage together. AMAZING!
                                Tickets are going fast.

I asked Michael's PR person to send me the press release so I could do a quick copy and paste. It's silly to reinvent the wheel!!!

APAULO MUSIC PRODUCTIONS PRESENTS
                                A SMOOTH JAZZ CONCERT ON FEBRUARY 5
                                FEATURING BRIAN CULBERTSON
                                WITH SPECIAL GUEST MICHAEL PAULO

Apaulo Music Productions (Michael Paulo - Owner/Producer) presents a Smooth Jazz Concert featuring Brian Culbertson with Special Guests Michael Paulo and DeShannon Higa and the Ornery Horns on Saturday, February 5, 2011 at The Sheraton Waikiki Hotel - Molokai Ballroom - at 8 p.m.

Chart-topping keyboardist and multi-instrumentalist Brian Culbertson reached yet another benchmark in his successful career last year. “That’s Life” reached the top spot on both the Billboard and R & B charts in mid-2010. “That’s Life” is the latest single from Culbertson’s much talked about twelfth album, aptly titled XII (GRP Records), which debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s contemporary jazz chart in July, 2010. The song marks Culbertson’s twelfth No. 1 hit joining the long list of his timeless chart toppers which also includes “So Good”, “Get It On”, “All About You” and “Always Remember”.

Back by popular demand in Hawaii, Culbertson’s first concert in 2009 was deemed the best concert of the popular smooth jazz series. With five standing ovations, a dynamic four piece horn section and an incredible band, Brian Culbertson left the audience screaming for more.

Special Guest Artist for this concert will be internationally-acclaimed Saxophonist, Michael Paulo. In November, 2010, Michael attracted a sell-out crowd of 1,400 people to the first Pacific Rim Jazz Festival on Oahu and produced a stellar concert that left a lasting impression on every attendee. He is continuing the tradition of outstanding smooth jazz concerts with the show on February 5.

Joining Brian Culbertson and Michael Paulo onstage will be the extremely talented locally-based horn player, Deshannon Higa and the Ornery Horns.

Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased at http://www.tix.com/Event.asp?Event=325928 or (951) 696-0184. Prices are $80.00 per seat for VIP Table Seating (Ten seats to a table), $60.00 per seat for Gold Reserved Seating (Middle of Venue) and $45.00 per seat for General Admission. The concerts starts at 8 p.m. on February 5 at The Sheraton Waikiki Hotel Molokai Showroom and doors open at 7 p.m. Validated Parking is $8.00 and valet parking is available. Don’t miss the multi-talented composer/pianist/trombonist Brian Culbertson, Saxophonist Extradonaire Michael Paulo and the incredible DeShannon Higa with the Ornery Horns.
                                Last edited by tutusue; January 14, 2011, 04:56 PM. Reason: corrected URL

Comment

Working...
                                X