Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Least Favorite National TV Ads

Originally posted by 1stwahine
    Nah, you no get whack whack from me. HT is where we express our "views, comments" as we see it. I respect you even more because you're an expert in this field and explained why you liked it. Thank you.
    No...thank YOU! An expert? Huh-uh. I've been in the industry for over 50 years and I'm still learning. That's what makes it so much fun.

Then there's that danged awful Lamisil spot. In case you haven't guessed...I think that ad should be yanked from the air or, at the very least, banned during dinner time! Ditto for the Fear Factor promos 'cept I haven't seen any in a long time. Has that show been cancelled or is it on hiatus?

Comment

It's been so long that I get to see any commercials now...my 81 yr.old MAMA is addicted to KOREAN Soap Operas --non stop! Only when she sleeps I get to watch if anything. That's usually the news.

Auntie Lynn

I hated that Lamisil commercial too. Reminded me of my ex-boyfriend.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

"Gross" to da max: that horrid commercial where the wife takes all the vegetables and puts them into the garbage disposal and then blends it to make a "juice drink". Then she scoops out some of the infected juice into a glass and serves it to her idiot husband, who smacking his lips "yummy". A blurb comes on about if you are tired of waiting for your ..... points from a charge card??.... to use to buy a blender (instead of using the garbage disposal to make your fresh juice). It's really baaaaad.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthKona
          "Gross" to da max: that horrid commercial where the wife takes all the vegetables and puts them into the garbage disposal and then blends it to make a "juice drink". Then she scoops out some of the infected juice into a glass and serves it to her idiot husband, who smacking his lips "yummy". A blurb comes on about if you are tired of waiting for your ..... points from a charge card??.... to use to buy a blender (instead of using the garbage disposal to make your fresh juice). It's really baaaaad.
          Agreed! I saw it for the first time recently and made a mental note to watch it more closely the next time. I've seen it a few more times and wouldn't be surprised if the advertiser gets more than a few complaints.

Speaking of complaints...has anyone ever complained to an advertiser or it's ad agency about an ad you find offensive? I've complained only once and that was the national Imodium AD spot featuring Gary Sprinkle oh, gosh, 15 years ago or so. It portrayed Hawaii as a 3rd world country complete with digestive disturbances, if ya know what I mean! While I didn't want to see Gary or any of the other talent lose a tidy sum in residuals, I felt strongly that the concept portrayed Hawaii in a bad enough light that it could affect tourism, even if just a little.

Comment

yea. I was gonna post my complaint about that smoothie in da garbage disposal ad.
            I have a hair-trigger gag reflex.
            this commercial almost sets it off.
            everyone leaves the room in fear of exorcist mode vomiting.
            sorry....

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
              yea. I was gonna post my complaint about that smoothie in da garbage disposal ad.
              this commercial almost sets it off.
              everyone leaves the room in fear of exorcist mode vomiting.
              sorry....
              I don't have a hair-trigger gag reflex but that gross Lamisil spot does the same thing to me.

Have I mentioned I really dislike the Lamisil spot?

Comment

I very nearly barf at the sound of that commercial alone. That's the most revolting thing I've seen outside of Fear Factor.

They brought back the ads with the exploding onions. I love those.

Comment

Ok, I have nothing against giving for the victims of Katrina or Rita. I have given too. There's commercial that has started to air with Johnny Cash singing...it has started to get me irritated. Granted, he is a Legend for some. He just was not my type of singer. Why couldn't they pick someone else with a more mellow voice?

That's all I have to say. I guess it got to MAMA too. It's back to Korean Movies! Worse.

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

those avis commercials:
                    creepy wimps:
                    hello orca. hello orca

rude creeps:
                    uh yea. i'll be in the car.

Comment

that yelling bearded billy mays snake oil hawker on commercials.
                      Last edited by kimo55; October 3, 2005, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Yes, Billy Mays yelling. I hate getting yelled at. Don't know anybody who doesn't. If he comes on I stop whatever I am doing and change the channel. Not just kill the volume, change the channel as a small vote against getting yelled at. I also hate all well crafted political ads because they cost a lot of money to make so nice and whoever is paying all that money certainly expects a lot more in return.

Comment

Saw this ad lastnight....Comcast using old game show footage...as "comicbook guy" would say, "Worse ad ever!"
                          Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                          Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau
                            I also hate all well crafted political ads because they cost a lot of money to make so nice and whoever is paying all that money certainly expects a lot more in return.
                            While on the topic of political ads, I hate all the political ads that only speak to 'families'. Hello, I am single, as is 40% of the voting-age population! I left Hawaii in 2000 so missed Lingle's campaign, and wonder if she laid the pro-family rhetoric as thick as the other pols, considering she is single without children... I didn't mean to turn this into a political rant but when I see those commercials I run for the mute button! Next time say 'voters' instead of 'families'. Mahalo!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                              Speaking of complaints...has anyone ever complained to an advertiser or it's ad agency about an ad you find offensive?
                              It wasn't about an ad, but rather a product... I once got an "empty" envelope of hot cocoa mix, and wrote the company that only the invisible man would like their product. I never heard anything back.

Years ago, I read where Hawaii had paid for a criminal's "one way ticket leaving Hawaii", and it gave the name of the destination city. I wrote that city's police dept, thanking them for taking our criminals off our hands. I did not hear back on that, either, but later learned that it was posted on their employee bulletin board.

Anyone else had fun with complaints?

Comment

The Eclipse Mints "Hot Dog" and "Onion" spots.

"Mr. Hot Dog" studies Spanish and realizes the sentence he's reading spells his own demise. Then an Eclipse Mints truck drives up and he runs away yelling then blows up.

"Onion Man" gets blown up by a pack of Eclipse Mints thrown under a door crack.

Something about those costumes and voice-overs just totally creep me out.
                                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                                X