No announcement yet.

MJ mural at Kokua Natural Foods Market?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJ mural at Kokua Natural Foods Market?

across from Puck's Alley on the makai side of So. King/DH of University Ave....

drove by about 1 1/2 hours ago and saw such beautiful grafitti writing that just took my attention in black and white as I headed east onto the freeway...as I past, I saw just a quick glance, but the figure of Michael Jackson's famous silhouette!

Can someone take a pic and post it here on this forum? It looked beautiful!!!

Re: anybody see that MJ mural on the side of Kokua Natural Foods Market?

I was at Kokua 2 days ago and didn't notice it, nor was I looking! I'll try to remember to look for it tomorrow as I drive by but, no, I won't take a picture as it could end up costing me $67.!

Comment

Re: MJ mural at Kokua Natural Foods Market?

Someone on Twitter said the mural appeared overnight, done by someone named "808 Urban".

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=mj%2...20market&w=all
      "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
      "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
      "
      Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Ah, 808 Urban is a colective of artists:

http://www.808urban.org/About_Us.html
        "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
        "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
        "
        Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Dayam...I was at that stoplight (on Kahanu Ln. waiting to make a left on King) on the morning of June 30, the day the flickr photo was uploaded. There's no way I woulda missed that mural. Gotta check it out tomorrow.

Comment

I drove by the mural this morning and checked it out during a red light. It's very cool. However we weren't the only ones gawking. There was a bit of a traffic jam.

Comment

Here is another link to some photos:

http://jalna.blogspot.com/2009/06/tr...-by-prime.html
              Last edited by lihingmui; July 3, 2009, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Cool stuff but I wonder it was a good idea to photograph the artists...I mean their work must be recognizable for the illegal stuff too.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                  Cool stuff but I wonder it was a good idea to photograph the artists...I mean their work must be recognizable for the illegal stuff too.
                  My guess is that if they were free to show themselves, they may know the guy who runs the business/owns the building, thus it would be a "legal piece". Although that might get them in trouble for other pieces so... hopefully it will not do them harm.

Comment

Originally posted by johmbolaya View Post
                    My guess is that if they were free to show themselves, they may know the guy who runs the business/owns the building, thus it would be a "legal piece". Although that might get them in trouble for other pieces so... hopefully it will not do them harm.
                    I guess we'll see.
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                    X