Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kevin's Two Boots in Kailua - still open??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin's Two Boots in Kailua - still open??

Does anyone out there know whether this place has closed? I tried ringing them up and the number is disconnected. They had great food but it's been a few months since I got over to Kailua.

Re: Kevin's Two Boots in Kailua - still open??

You're right. The number 230-8111 is disconnected. I hadn't heard anything about them closing, and they were still around this summer, when they participated in the Taste of Honolulu.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
      You're right. The number 230-8111 is disconnected. I hadn't heard anything about them closing, and they were still around this summer, when they participated in the Taste of Honolulu.
      I remember the gator he served! I hope he hasn't closed up shop. I also posted the question over at egullet hoping some one there might have an answer. Thanks for answering.

Comment

User "oneidaone" at the eGullet forum has just posted a sad report from the front-lines:
        Just about 1/2 hour ago on my way home from Pilates I drove into the parking lot on Kainehe where Kevin's WAS and there is no indication that it is there anymore.
        Seems the only questions left now are: What happened? And will we see Kevin again?

Comment

Kevin was working at Hank's Place in one article last year. Is this still true?
          just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Ah, ha! I stumbled upon the article I saw about him.

Here it is:
            http://www.leichic.com/emails/sweet-0-spicy-35

Comment

I finally got around to calling that place and he's not there anymore.

Comment

Kevin has been making appearances at the First Friday Gallery hop. I saw him there this month. Of course, there are always lines, and you have to go early or there might not be any cornbread left!

He is still teaching special cooking classes at KCC and has his lunch wagon at various spots around the island. He said it's best to call him the day of to find out where he'll be.

I got one of his cards, so if you'd like his contact info, please PM me!

Comment

My wife said she saw a truck by Waipio Costco that was labeled Kevin's Two Boots. Will try an investigate today.

Comment

Two Boots? I see his truck at the old Chevron station across from the Wahiawa Hongwanji on Tuesdays when they have the farmer's market at the park. Been wanting to try them, but they always have a line and it looks like everyone has to wait a kinda long time for their order.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
                      Two Boots? I see his truck at the old Chevron station across from the Wahiawa Hongwanji on Tuesdays when they have the farmer's market at the park. Been wanting to try them, but they always have a line and it looks like everyone has to wait a kinda long time for their order.
                      Kevin & his boots rule! His food is awesome! I'd even leave my house to
                      find his amazing cuisine! Rock On Kevin!!!!!!! I loved your food at the Academy
                      of Arts Showcase event!

Comment

I'll ask him myself. I'm going to see him tomorrow night at a dinner party at a friend's house. He'll be cooking for us. I must say, his ribs are incredible!

Comment

Please post a schedule of where his truck will be. Love the ribs, gumbo, ... miss the restaurant!

Comment

According to Kevin, he's currently in Wahiawa with his truck Wednesday thru Friday on California Ave. across from the district park from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. He's looking for a more permanant location to sell his ribs and hopes to do more catering.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
                              According to Kevin, he's currently in Wahiawa with his truck Wednesday thru Friday on California Ave. across from the district park from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. He's looking for a more permanant location to sell his ribs and hopes to do more catering.
                              Eh, I neah see you. I just stopped in and talked to him also. Said the same, but having problems keeping a permanent worker on hand. Also, catering takes priority over opening at that corner. He says to call first to make sure he's going to be there and for a list of specials.
                              383-4550. We got there too early and he told us it was going to take another 20 minutes to half hour to get his grill going. He did have jambalaya, though, and he said it would only take a couple of minutes to get. Unfortunately, my daughter was ono for his ribs. Will try again next week. He's not going to be there tomorrow as he has a catering job to take care of.

Comment

Working...
                              X