Pearl City CompUSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearl City CompUSA

I just came from there, and its a mess. The only difference is the decor, and that their on the second floor way across from Sam's club entrance. There were boxes everywhere, people were still setting up displays, and probably half of the products didn't have price listings.

To make it worse, no one helped me, even though I tripped one of the product alarms (don't ask).
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Don't go to the Pearl City CompUSA

I think the first day of business is July 28th.

Until then it's sort of a soft opening. I wonder if they're actually able to sell stuff over there right now since they're still setting up?

Comment

Originally posted by hinokei
      I wonder if they're actually able to sell stuff over there right now since they're still setting up?
      Yes. I've seen customers at the registers, plus people at the service area. And I looked at their service prices and laughed. All I need is to get advertising, and I'll be busy.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Well, I read your website that has your rates, and please be careful on how much you charge.

You shouldn't be charging so little, cause this can turn into a nightmare for you.

Trust me, charge your customers near what other service consultants are charging. People will pay for good service.

Comment

Well, I read your website that has your rates, and please be careful on how much you charge.

You shouldn't be charging so little, cause this can turn into a nightmare for you.

Trust me, charge your customers near what other service consultants are charging. People will pay for good service.
          Agreed. Double your fee and offer (private) discounts to customers who need them. Every time I've had to walk a machine in someplace they charge me more than you're charging just to open the box. Repairs are additional $.
          http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Yeah one thing I do know about low prices is that they attract cheapskates who invariably demand more than what they're getting. They pay you $20, then accuse you of damaging their computer and you end up making them a brand new computer at your loss.

Raise your rates and that way you scare away the riff raff. On new system builds I'm like you I just charge for the parts and shipping. But on repairs, ho man make a ghost image of the client's hard drive before delving into registry cleaning especially with Win98 systems.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I went over there last night.

Adrian is right, they are selling stuff, but they're only open to serve customers because they're setting up the store, and they don't want to turn away business.

So, don't be suprised when you see shelves with product, but no prices...

Comment

I went over there last night.

Adrian is right, they are selling stuff, but they're only open to serve customers because they're setting up the store, and they don't want to turn away business.

So, don't be suprised when you see shelves with product, but no prices...

Ho man Hinokei you no listen eh you buggah. Adrian said, "Don't go to the Pearl City CompUSA" and Buddahead you go ladat. I bet you get semi-circle scar on your hand when momma wen tell you, "Eh no touch da stove stay hot"

If you want to know a price find an item, look for their six digit SKU, go to one of the computers hooked up to the internet, go to CompUSA.com and look up the price yourself. Probably faster than trying to get help there.

Eh maybesome one should start up a rival company called CompUSB. That would be funny.

Comment

Actually, it would more appropriate to name them CompMEX, as they were bought out by Grupo Sanborns, a retail investment group from Mexico.

Or, if the service really sucks, you can call them "InCompetentUSA".

I usually get good service and competitive sale prices at the foot of the "Twin Vacuum Cleaner Towers" location. They're pretty much the best game in town for one-stop comp' shoppin'.

I'll admit though, "playing with all the neat toys" in the Ala Moana Apple Store is fun, although I've never bought a single item there.. yet. Everything computer-related that I own is from CompUSA (or given as Christmas gifts!).
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                    Ho man Hinokei you no listen eh you buggah. Adrian said, "Don't go to the Pearl City CompUSA" and Buddahead you go ladat. I bet you get semi-circle scar on your hand when momma wen tell you, "Eh no touch da stove stay hot"

If you want to know a price find an item, look for their six digit SKU, go to one of the computers hooked up to the internet, go to CompUSA.com and look up the price yourself. Probably faster than trying to get help there.

Eh maybesome one should start up a rival company called CompUSB. That would be funny.
                    I know, it's a problem I have... I just no can listen sometimes!

I would've tried looking up the SKU on an internet connected computer...

But no can... at least when I was there.

Comment

[QUOTE=craigwatanabe]Ho man Hinokei you no listen eh you buggah. Adrian said, "Don't go to the Pearl City CompUSA" and Buddahead you go ladat. I bet you get semi-circle scar on your hand when momma wen tell you, "Eh no touch da stove stay hot"

/snip[QUOTE]

I don't know either of you, but that made me laugh really hard.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                        Are the prices uniform from store to store across the country?

Then some ex-Trojans could start one called CompUSC.
                        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                          Are the prices uniform from store to store across the country?

Then some ex-Trojans could start one called CompUSC.
                          I was "told" that the prices are uniform across the country. That said, when you do a stock availability online search at a particular store, one of the search criteria is the zipcode for the store's location, so that may put localized pricing into the search.

Comment

Is the Waikele Comp USA going to stay in busines or are they going to consolidate to this new location? I haven't been out there in ages. I assume the Honolulu Comp USA have all the same stuff.
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I have to agree too. When I managed an ISP, my going rate in house was $30/hr and $40 for remote location work.
                              Never be bored, and you will never be boring. --Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                              X