Hawaii Five-0: Season 2 Episode & Storyline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii Five-0: Season 2 Episode & Storyline Discussion

This thread is set up for discussion of episodes and stories that air for the 2nd season of the new "Hawaii Five-0" TV series on CBS.

The return of the series is expected to start in September.

Discussion for Season 1 is in its own thread.

"Hawaii Five-0" viewers will have several opportunities to catch the show if they did not watch it at air time. Among the options:

* Record to your Tivo or other DVR device
    * Watch program stream on the CBS TV website*
    * Purchase episode from iTunes store or other online vendor.
    * Record to your VCR if you still use one.

* CBS has a handful of episodes currently on stream.

As for episode spoilers, use the spoiler tag if you are posting the same day or before an episode airs in Hawaii.
    Last edited by mel; July 10, 2011, 10:10 AM. Reason: update
    I'm still here. Are you?

Re: Hawaii Five-0: Season 2 Episode & Storyline Discussion

About the episode that aired on Sept. 19, 2011.

The strange part is that while there was proof that McGarret didn't kill the Governor and maybe the charges about escaping from jail could be dropped there is still the matter of McGarret assaulting 2 EMT and a police officer, not to mention stealing the police car.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
      About the episode that aired on Sept. 19, 2011.

The strange part is that while there was proof that McGarret didn't kill the Governor and maybe the charges about escaping from jail could be dropped there is still the matter of McGarret assaulting 2 EMT and a police officer, not to mention stealing the police car.
      Perhaps, but the Lt. Gov did stated that the Five-O Task Force no longer have immunity that was granted by the late Gov. Maybe they will address it off-screen or on-screen remains to be seen.

My only feedback to the episode is that Hawaiian Airline started flying to and from Molokai!!! LMFO!!! If you're going to do even a quick scene of Molokai where McGarrett used a locker key to get something ... which BTW, I don't find it HERE (HELLO!) ... make it real, at least shoot ON LOCATION or use some backward airport where it DOES NOT show a Hawaiian Airline jet in the background.

(Here's a hint: Only Mokulele and Island Air fly to and from Molokai.)

Don't get me wrong. I'd LOVE to live in that fictional Hawaii state where Hawaiian still fly to and from the island of Molokai, including those big jets that can fly directly to the mainland (e.g., Las Vegas, NV).

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
        My only feedback to the episode is that Hawaiian Airline started flying to and from Molokai!!! LMFO!!!
        I was laughing at that too. Molokai Airport looked like Kalaeloa Airport.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Two things I've noticed in this new season.
          First, Danno hasn't worn a necktie once.
          Second, every time any of the cast are in cars, they're wearing seatbelts!
          Both are big changes from Season 1.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I'd DVR'd last night's episode and just watched it. Good show, as usual. But the fun part is that they're pulling the same routines as the original show, where cars instantly went from one place to another. In last night's show, the silver Camaro was driving next to the ocean in Kualoa (almost in Kaaawa) and seconds later was in Hawaii Kai. Funny stuff!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I am kind of confused, was the Robert Englund character in cahoots with the two guys who was dumping the bodies at the heiau?

Comment

I don't think so, he was supposedly just trying to keep people away. I didn't see any implications that he was involved.

Although it begs the question, if he was truly watching over the heiau, didn't he notice the guy that keeps coming by burying the 32 bodies there!

Also if you're trying to hide a body in the ground, it's best if you don't leave hands sticking out.

To pile on if the mortician really was in on it (how could he not be if coffins are being buried empty)...wouldn't it have been smarter to harvest the parts right there in the mortuary. You have the tools and facilities you need, plus you would still have a body to bury to avoid attracting the attention of having to dispose of bodies in a heiau.

Plot was not strong point in this episode.

Disappointed they did not go more into the "costume" party thing with Lori. Clearly McGarrett has a thing for her.

Comment

Tonight's episode had Max asking the character played by Greg Grunberg if they had meet before which was a hint to the series Heroes which both of them were in.

It was kind of nice that Danno could handle dogs.

Comment

Interesting episode, esp. the first scene after the opening when Dano is watching a movie in his new, temporary, less than desirable apartment. The interior and exterior were shot at my Makaha condo building!! Looks like a camera was mounted near the ceiling to get the widest 2 shot on the sofa. Those living rooms are so small I'm surprised they got any crew inside at all. And the makai wall, which is all windows, was obviously blacked out. That's the phenomenal ocean view we have! Too bad Dano couldn't have revealed that! I wonder if my building will have a recurring role 'til Dano finds better digs!!!

And the Greg Grunberg character...I kept waiting for him to be revealed as a bad guy; one with ulterior motives. He gave off a few subtle looks!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      And the Greg Grunberg character...I kept waiting for him to be revealed as a bad guy; one with ulterior motives. He gave off a few subtle looks!
                      I was thinking he could have been the bad guy too, mainly because that the dog was barking at him at the Five-0 office.

Comment

I am kind of wondering what's driving Wo Fat to go after McGarret. Is it for some kind of information or was it something his dad did some time ago?

Comment

I am kind of wondering how or why Joe White or Wo Fat thinks McGarret is getting closer to whatever they think McGarret is getting closer too? As it stands its these two who are coming to McGarret to drop him hints.

Comment

I slept thru the first half of last Monday's airing of Hawaii Five-0 so I rewatched the episode via cbs.com. Still kind of confused who did what to who in the "crime of the week" segment, so more than likey will have to re-watch it again.

Comment

I thought last year's episode where Steve and Danny broke in the HPD evidence locker to get ransom money for Chin Ho was really breaking the law but for Steve to actually kidnap a juror (even through the juror was tainted) and put that person under duress will more than likey get him into real trouble.

Comment

Working...
                              X