Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to be home

Aloha!

I just realized Ive been posting around without introducing myself! I just moved back to Hawaii in May after spending 10 years in the Oklahoma City area. I stumbled on HawaiiThreads through geocaching, and have decided to make more use of these forums to reconnect with the Islands. I remember back when I was in high school (Punahou '96) being on Interact BBS, playing games and chatting in the forums there, had so much fun and met tons of interesting people. Now that Im home again, I find that some things come right back to you and others dont. I can still speak a little pidgin when I need to, but forgot that no one wears a shirt and tie to work

Anyways, Ive had a month to get used to riding the bus again, cruising Waikiki, lamenting on how built up Hawaii Kai has gotten, hiking back into the Ko'olau and bodysurfing. I should be starting my new job next week (soon as my background check comes through) and then its back to the grind. I will definitely be living for the weekends though!

Oh yeah, Im Poragee, so sometimes I talk for days!

K-den!
    "Positive Vibration"
    Since 1977

Re: Good to be home

your screen name got me wanting to ask already...are you the guy who sang the "Ghostbusters" theme?
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
      your screen name got me wanting to ask already...are you the guy who sang the "Ghostbusters" theme?
      Who you gonna call?

Comment

"at home in the islands...."

welcome back!
        "chaos reigns within.
        reflect, repent and reboot.
        order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
          Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
          Who you gonna call?
          Well, not him. He's Richard, not Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rparkerjr View Post
            Oh yeah, Im Poragee, so sometimes I talk for days!
            You must be one reformed Portagee, then. Usually, it's not days, it's weeks.
            Welcome home, and welcome to HT.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Alohaz! Wasup?

You go O'ahu any time son? I like he'e nalu wit you maybe! I get one board, but 'a'ole pilikia if you no like use um...

Shoots,
              'Alika
              'Alika

Comment

Not really one reformed Poragee...but the slow drawl of the South/Midwest has supplanted my gift of gab Gimme time, I going be back in force! Alika, I would take you up on your offer but I gotta learn how fo surf back on da bunny slope waves in Waikiki! Bought some fins so I can go bodysurfing and maybe boogey boarding some day.

Aiyah, Im not in as good shape as I usedato be!

Junior
                "Positive Vibration"
                Since 1977

Comment

You've been away too long--it's Portagee.
                  * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                  - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Aloha and Wassup?! Welcome to Hawaii Threads! Have fun in here because we are like one big 'ohana (family) here. I am also on the island of O'ahu too. Keep on posting.

Alana
                    Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Welcome back to Hawaii!

Comment

Working...
                      X