Taco del Mar opening 2 more branches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taco del Mar opening 2 more branches

Move over Taco Bell/Time! Taco del Mar is opening up another 2 locations in Hawai'i (joining the original ones in Kapolei and Kunia) over the next few weeks, and the franchiser has plans to eventually open up an additional 6-10 on Oahu.

The quality of their food is about 3 cuts above Taco Bell/Time (about on a par with Qdoba, which started in CO). Taco del Mar started up here in Skidaddle and they are mostly known for their "mission style" fish tacos and burritos.
    Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Taco del Mar opening 2 more branches

I can't believe management at Moanalua Center is allowing this second taco fast-food place to move in. Malls typically try to protect their tenants by avoiding stores that would compete head-to-head for the same market. I don't think it will hurt Taco Bell very much, especially since the Taco Del Mar doesn't have a drive-through, and the parking right in front of the restaurant is kind of paltry, but still.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      I can't believe management at Moanalua Center is allowing this second taco fast-food place to move in. Malls typically try to protect their tenants by avoiding stores that would compete head-to-head for the same market.
      the new trend; it's a free for all, no allegience to anyone. good coffeeshops in aloha tower. 2 of em. then they allow starblecchs to move in. watch two die, guess which two.

Comment

I don't know about that. There's a very, very good coffee shop at the Airport Trade Center called Petals 'n Beans (it's also a florist) and it has continued to thrive despite the opening of a Starbucks just a few doors down, three years ago. Dennis (the owner, who runs the coffee shop side) was never worried, and his coffee is much, much better.

Oh, and he's an HBA grad. Eagles represent!
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I don't know about that. There's a very, very good coffee shop at the Airport Trade Center called Petals 'n Beans (it's also a florist) and it has continued to thrive despite the opening of a Starbucks just a few doors down, three years ago. Dennis (the owner, who runs the coffee shop side) was never worried, and his coffee is much, much better.

Oh, and he's an HBA grad. Eagles represent!
          Petals 'n Beans were always very service and customer oriented. I'm glad to see they are still a going entity.
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I don't know about that. There's a very, very good coffee shop
            as opposed to a "very good" coffee shop?
            or a very very veeerrryyy good coffee shop?
            teacher, is dat reully kurect?
            at the Airport Trade Center called Petals 'n Beans (it's also a florist) and it has continued to thrive despite the opening of a Starbucks just a few doors down, three years ago. Dennis (the owner, who runs the coffee shop side) was never worried, and his coffee is much, much better.
            well, that is all well and good. But it makes no nevermind, in my mind. For I am not one to assume the badass coffee company people and the owners of Island Vintage Coffee Co. exhibit Dennis's level of calm, equanimity and assurance, nor can I assume, (tho i hope and wish) that the two afrementioned coffee stops do offer much, much very, very better coffee than the internationally recognized and all too familiar Starfuts that most all and sundry tourons go straight to.
            I AM, however, one to assume it is an affrontery to common sense, hana pono, and decent business practice to allow such direct competition in a mall, But that is the trend with the current management as we have seen since "the big change".
            Last edited by kimo55; January 17, 2007, 08:22 PM.

Comment

I think it's the burger battle of the millennium. Where we used to have Big Macs dukin' it out with Whoppers, we now have Starbucks on this corner, that corner, and the other corner and over there we have Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf; and the occasional long-time coffee shop establishment.

I used to go to Sbucks daily. But we have a French press now and it's nice to keep that extra $4 in my pocket. Plus I have it my way, I love to make me smile!!
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
              X