X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I disagree with the reputation feature

Originally posted by MadAzza
    What a load of crap. "Ooooh, it's unfair." What are you, 25 years old?

Hey now...are you saying there's something wrong with being 25 and that all 25-yr-olds are juevenile? I'm hurt!

I have to go cry now...oh wait, I'm 26...does that still make me fit into the "whiney" category?

I definitely believe "age ain't nothin' but a number" in many cases, and I know PLENTY of people, even here, whose age doesn't fit their remarks, whether those remarks seem juvenile and whiny or wise beyond their years (or a combo of both, depending on the subject). Don't think age really has any direct correlation with the level of people's whiny-ness on HT...think it has more to do with their experiences in life and how they relate to others in general.

Comment

What a load of crap. "Ooooh, it's unfair." What are you, 25 years old?
      26, but good guess.

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
        Hey now...are you saying there's something wrong with being 25 and that all 25-yr-olds are juevenile? I'm hurt!
        I apologize for the insult to your age group. And for using the F-word. Once again, this proves I shouldn't post when I'm cranky and tired!

Comment

I apologize for the insult to your age group. And for using the F-word. Once again, this proves I shouldn't post when I'm cranky and tired!

Well for some of us, it was downright entertaining! Sheesh. I ordered you another beer!
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

• Re: Reputation?

I didn't know whether to give green for cracking me up with:
            I'm irritated by people who thing they're "controversial" and use that self-designation as an excuse for other peoples' reactions to them. Yes, maybe people react to you the way they do because you're "controversial." Or maybe it's because you're an "asshole." Or because they "disagree with you." Or because they think you're an "idiot."
            Or to give red for inappropriate language and unnecessary meanness. It ended up moot because I too recently gave Madazza green.

Thanks for the laugh!
            And watch your mouth, you naughty person.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Hahaaa.
              maddie.
              you are such a kidder.

Comment

I got cinnamon gum from somebody (anonymously, of course) for the following posting in a thread on color printers:
                Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                Old news that the codes exist - current news is that the EFF has recently figured out Xerox's code (but no one else's - yet.)
                Why that statement bothered someone does mystify me...and why they couldn't tell me either.
                Last edited by Leo Lakio; October 20, 2005, 06:57 AM.

Comment

I wanted to give a "good" rep chicklet to a poster, but have forgotten how to do it? Oh well. Right on Lurkah! Had me seriously laughing with your latest (story) post. Especially the reason for editting. After I logged in to ask this question the "scales" reappeared and the light went on. Oh my...
                  Last edited by Menehune Man; November 25, 2005, 08:45 PM. Reason: Oh yeah...
                  Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man

After I logged in to ask this question the "scales" reappeared and the light went on. Oh my...
                    I'm glad for both of us that your light eventually went on.

Comment

I do have a "reputation" of being a flickering bulb though.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
                        I do have a "reputation" of being a flickering bulb though.
                        I actually got a red(bad) chicklet for this quoted post. With no explanation. Whatevers!

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah

I'm glad for both of us that your light eventually went on.
                          Same here, for the above post...also from "a nanny mouse".

Reputation. There. I'm on topic again.
                          Last edited by lurkah; November 27, 2005, 12:49 AM. Reason: ooga shaka ooga ooga ooga shaka ooga ooga (now try and forget that song)

Comment

• Re: Add trolls to "Ignore List"

The problem I find with the reputation system is that there is no accountability for those giving out reputation points. The receiver never knows who gives them a rep point, + or -, green or red. Because of that I have learned to stay away from the most controversial topics since my views are quite different from many on this board. Still I get bad points even for seemingly innocuous posts in non-political topics from time to time. It frustrates me (and I assume others) that you can get a red square but never know if you are being targeted by only one person or those red squares are being given by a small group or just randomly. Since we don't have user names attached to reputation points given out, we never know.

In this day and age we demand accountability for the actions of everyone. We demand accountability from elected officials, those people and agencies responsible for our children and the elderly, educational institutions, health care facilities, the military, businesses, others... you name it. Why can't we get accountability from our fellow users here at HawaiiThreads?

The reputation system is a huge point of contention on many Jelsoft vBulletin boards if I go by what I read at the vBulletin forum.

At great risk of getting another red square, I think we need a change to the system here.
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                              Because of that I have learned to stay away from the most controversial topics since my views are quite different from many on this board.
                              Mel, don't do that. What's worse: a few negative rep points, or people continuing to be wrong because they haven't heard an intelligent case for the other side? You, as a member of this community, are expected to chime in with your differing point of view. If you do it in a civil manner, which is all you seem to have, your positive rep points will far outnumber your negative--I guarantee it!

Ultraconservatives like me need moderate conservatives like you to keep things in balance. Without your input, I look like a nutcase, rather than just mildly idiotic.
                              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                                Why can't we get accountability from our fellow users here at HawaiiThreads? ... At great risk of getting another red square, I think we need a change to the system here.
                                Hear, hear! I know PZ doesn't want to talk about it, but it's the same argument that was made last time. I feel the argument that Mel makes is sound. I do not think that granting Mel's (and my) request will negatively impact the reputation system. I believe it will enhance it greatly.

My two cents. I know what you think, Ryan, but really, listen to your users. If anyone is wont to shout me down on this, they will. But I really don't expect that to happen.

Blaine
                                Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X