Mohs Surgeon recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mohs Surgeon recommendation

I have unfortuntely found out that I have a small patch of Skin Cancer on my Face.

I have to select between two Mohs surgons on the Island of Oahu and I wonder if anyone has any experience with either of them. One is Dr. John Boyer and one is Dr. Kevin John Mott. This is a relatively small procedure but since it is on my face I would like to get some opinions.

If you are not comfortable posting feel free to send me a PM.

Wear sun screen folks.

Mahalo

Re: Mohs Surgeon recommendation

My only experience is with Douglas W. Chun, MD, at Kaiser, Moanalua. He did well for me.
    Perhaps you can ask him if he knows either of the doctors, or has a recommendation? 432-0000.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

I highly reccommend Dr. Kevin Mott. My friend had some procedures done by him, and was very impressed with the results.

Comment

I'm a patient of Dr. Boyer. Excellent doctor, and great guy. He really helped me out. PM if you want to talk more, I have quite a bit of experience with skin cancer.

And I second the "wear sunscreen" idea.

Comment

I'm so sorry that you have skin cancer, I know its a scary thing to have to deal with. Best wishes and luck and prayers, from me.
          ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Thanks everyone you are all great. This forum can't be beat!

Comment

You are gonna be Ace Ok. Thanks for the reply to the PM. Bro.

Comment

Desperado, I just heard from a friend and she's having Mohs surgery tomorrow. Like you, she's now a big sunscreen advocate. I asked who she chose...Dr. Boyer. I'd never heard of Mohs before this week. Here's to a speedy recovery for both of you.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  Desperado, I just heard from a friend and she's having Mohs surgery tomorrow. Like you, she's now a big sunscreen advocate. I asked who she chose...Dr. Boyer. I'd never heard of Mohs before this week. Here's to a speedy recovery for both of you.
                  Thanks, I would love to hear of your friends opinion after the procedure. I wish her the best. I meet with Dr. Boyer and he seems very professional. He wants me to wait a while to let my skin recover from another treatment before doing the surgery so I have a little time before the procedure. I was a little disappointed about the wait because I was supposed to travel to the mainland a month from now for a wedding which I will now have to miss. I could wait until after the trip but I don't want to let it progress any further. It's a small procedure but I don't want to let it get worse before getting it done.

Comment

Originally posted by desperado View Post
                    Thanks, I would love to hear of your friends opinion after the procedure.[...]
                    I heard from my friend later in the day after her surgery:
                    "yes, Sue, my doc is Dr. Boyer, who, by the way, is very highly recommended....he practices here in part because he is a very accomplished free and deep sea diver-lucky us!!"
                    "All went well,[...] Anyway, it's all gone!"
                    "Love Dr. Boyer!"
                    Her bandages come off in a week.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      I heard from my friend later in the day after her surgery:
                      "yes, Sue, my doc is Dr. Boyer, who, by the way, is very highly recommended....he practices here in part because he is a very accomplished free and deep sea diver-lucky us!!"
                      "All went well,[...] Anyway, it's all gone!"
                      "Love Dr. Boyer!"
                      Her bandages come off in a week.
                      Happy to hear that. I wish your friend the best. And thanks so much for the information. It's nice to have people to turn to when you hit a difficult patch. I feel more confidant going into this now. MAHALO !!

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone. The surgery is done, I have 12 stitches and they look pretty good so far. The doc says he got it all and I have no risk of life threatening effects. So a sigh of relief. I would recommend this surgeon to anyone looking for Mohs surgery. Feel free to PM me if you read this in the future and need advice.

Comment

High 5, Desperado. Happy the procedure is behind you and you're on the mend. Am I assuming correctly that you chose Dr. Boyer?

Comment

Working...
                          X