Name that Logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Name that Logo

3 is Shiro's. That was easy. I wonder if you dressed up in that outfit he's wearing for Halloween, along with the Ukulele - especially if you're asian, if local folks would recognize your "character"? I think I would.

Azteca and China Big Boy is not it.

Hint for #1 & #2: Both are mom & pops. #1 is a neighborhood convenience market located in Kalihi Kai that goes WAY back, while #2 is a relatively new ethnic restaurant located on S. Beretania Street.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

All I got is #3, which is Shiro's. The other two are hard.
      Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

#1 looks like Leonard Kam from Alicia's Market, which is da bomb for pau hana pupus.

I've also been meaning to tell you, Pomai, your Tasty Island blog is also da bomb.

Comment

2. Los Chaparros?

Comment

Lurkah? Lurkah! Is that you? Wheah you wen' stay all 'dis time, brah?!

You got it! #1 in Round 4 is indeed Alicia's Market! Broke the Mouth pauhana pupus is da' word! Da' bes'est'est boiled peanuts! My friend loves their charsiu-style turkey tails.

Walkoff Balk, you got #2 as well, which is, indeed, Los Chaparros!

It's great to hear they're still going strong. In fact, I've received several emails from folks who visited the place (because I blogged it), and they raved about it as one of the best Mexican restaurants they've been to on Oahu. That says lots as far as Mexican cuisine is concerned. Ask GlossyP.

Sorry, but I don't have the "Name that Logo Round 4 - Answers" image to post right now, yet will ASAP.

Mahalo folks for playing!
            Last edited by Pomai; July 31, 2008, 08:52 PM.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
              Lurkah? Lurkah! Is that you? Wheah you wen' stay all 'dis time, brah?!

You got it! #1 in Round 4 is indeed Alicia's Market! Broke the Mouth pauhana pupus is da' word! Da' bes'est'est boiled peanuts! My friend loves their charsiu-style turkey tails.

Walkoff Balk, you got #2 as well, which is, indeed, Los Chaparros!

It's great to hear they're still going strong. In fact, I've received several emails from folks who visited the place (because I blogged it), and they raved about it as one of the best Mexican restaurants they've been to on Oahu. That says lots as far as Mexican cuisine is concerned. Ask GlossyP.

Sorry, but I don't have the "Name that Logo Round 4 - Answers" image to post right now, yet will ASAP.

Mahalo folks for playing!
              I have it on good authority that glossyp has yet to try El Mariachi over here in Kaneohe (after I've been raving about it) but I know we'll be carrying out food from there together very soon and a report will come from that meal
              no doubt! My dining buddy and bff

BTW - I continue to enjoy your TASTY ISLAND. I just spent several minutes reading it and must compliment you on the time you spend
              and the beautiful pictures and text you incorporate! Made me really hungry and Manele & Koele hungry - they need to be fed and
              I'm busy reading your blog! Off to put on their feedbag! Sorry I've taken so long to let you know how much I do like your musings!
              Last edited by leashlaws; August 1, 2008, 08:01 AM. Reason: add comment

Comment

Speaking of GlossyP, she hasn't been posting here for a while. Hope all is well. Here's some Yahoo user reviews on El Mariachi in Kaneohe, with most giving them 5 stars! I think I'll have to drop in next time I'm on the windward side.

Thanks for the comps' on the blog. Lotta' fun doin' that.

Here's a new round!...

Sorry about the "condition" of #3. It's the only one I had to grab a shot of.
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

#3. Hinode rice

Regarding GP - been busy with lots of interesting projects and lots of work.
                  We had a fabulous calorie laden lunch last week @ Hank's Haute Dogs which
                  I posted on Weds. in "what's for lunch." I'm hoping to have that El Mariachi
                  experience with them soon! I love their food!

Comment

#1 Diamond Head Bakery. - the firm that make the soda cracker, sweet cracker and salon pilot cracker + a bunch of cookies like the candy bead ones.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                      #1 Diamond Head Bakery. - the firm that make the soda cracker, sweet cracker and salon pilot cracker + a bunch of cookies like the candy bead ones.
                      That's it! Here's their website.. www.DiamondBakery.com. My favorite is the Diamond saltine soda crackers. I dig how they use rock salt. Put a slice of Monterey Jack or Brie on that and it's all good! I don't know though, them Sky Flakes crackers from the Philippines give Diamond Soda Crackers some hard rubs. Especially for the price!

Leashlaws, #3 is indeed Hinode Rice. Looks like a Chinaman on crack. lol Of all the years I've had Hinode rice in the home, only now have I noticed he's wearing an Aloha Shirt. BTW, say hello to GP for me!

#2 in round 5 has yet to be answered. Here's a hint: this place is famous for a treat which its name is also used as a local slang term to describe someone who is stingy.
                      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

#2 in round 5 has yet to be answered. Here's a hint: this place is famous for a treat which its name is also used as a local slang term to describe someone who is stingy.
                        When I first saw the logo, I thought it was Maui Chips or Bread. From the hint, I'll guess it's Chang.

Comment

It's the logo for them manju buggahs at Home Maid Bakery on Maui.

Comment

Lurkah, roger that...

As you see, I grabbed a shot of the Hinode Logo straight off the bag we have in our pantry. The Home Maid logo came straight off their gift bag (we just got some, fresh from Maui!), and the Diamond Bakery logo came straight off a box of Soda Crackers we also have in the pantry - a MUST-HAVE in our house!
                            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

New round...

sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

2. Genki Sushi

Comment

Working...
                                X