X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Movies that you feel are Overrated

Originally posted by miltk View Post
    Any french movie.
    That can't be true in a country with Gerard Depardieu.
    French movies feel like a lot work because the movies have subtitles and a lot of talking. I liked Before Sunrise which is an American film, but is more like a French film with the amount of dialog. There's no subtitles to deal with and has French actress Julie Delpy in it, who was hot, and still hot 10 years later in the sequel Before Sunset

Comment

Re: Movies that you feel are Overrated

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
      Citizen Kane is the all time greatest film according to some critics when they make their list of best movies of all time. I didn't understand it. Was it dated, or do you have to be in the newspaper bidness to truly grasp its story?
      I went to film school, and Citizen Kane is basically a living textbook on movie making. Things like camera angles/movement, shot composition, editing, lighting, sound design, story arcs, flashbacks, and more. We spent a great deal of time breaking down the movie. I think any aspiring filmmaker should do the same. Alas, film school pretty much ruined my ability to watch films and it takes a lot for me to truly enjoy a movie. . The sequence where the table grew larger as his marriage fell apart and how the distance between he and his wife symbolized that is one of my favorites to illustrate subtleties that meant something more.

I also happened to like the story, which Kane went from having nothing to having everything to having nothing again. Sex, money, greed, the quest for power, and all that other good stuff.
      Last edited by tvguy; June 22, 2008, 11:49 PM.

Comment

The 25 worst blockbusters of all time (msn.com)

There were some letdowns.

Comment

Working...
        X