HT Annual Picnic - April 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HT Annual Picnic - April 20

I just got back from the gathering which was still going on. I haven't gone the images I took from the gathering yet but I try to post some soon on my flickr site.

Comment

Where Are The Pictures?????!!!!!
      http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
      http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Here is a set of photos that I uploaded to my flickr site that just deals with the Geek Meet itself.

Comment

We had a great time!! DH loved it; he is the family geek, and I dragged him down to Honolulu complaining, only to have him exclaim what a good time he had. The food was very delicious; everybody brought such good stuff to share! Aunty Lynn, you are the best, and now I know why everyone loves the kalbi!!

So great to see everyone and talkstory; easy to get to know new friends.

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard on the setup and arrangements, from us chickens in the Spence household. Y'all did good!
          Cindy, Mark and Will

Comment

I meant to ask but kind of sausages did we have today?
            Attached Files

Comment

I REALLY gotta get more sun....geesh...I'm almost transluscent!

Comment

Comment

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone, I had a wonderful time meeting you all and wish I could have stayed longer. I'll be honest, I was rather nervous about this gathering because I don't always do well in groups, but everyone was incredibly nice and welcomed me as part of the family and I can't thank you all enough. I don't have any photos to speak of, but here are the drawings I was working on of cute little Mochi:

I'm brainstorming something else as well, but we'll see if I ever finish it.

On a random note, I managed to get a sunburn only on the right side of my face.
                  Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                  Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Pictures, people - more pictures, for those of us who could only visit vicariously! (And pictures with captions - even mo bettah!)

I raised a wee drop of champagne in all yourses honors yesterday.

Note to AbsolutChaos: every time we come to visit the Alpha Female's family in Kane`ohe, some of the first words out of her mother's mouth are: "Ho! You SO white!"

Comment

• Re: HT Annual Picnic - April 20

I'm aching and exhausted and sunburnt, but quite happy. It was great to see some old HT friends, some new HT faces, and of course, probably a hundred geeks of different stripes all mixed together.

Helen was on hand with a couple of rockets, the mysterious Albert made an appearance, AbsolutChaos (and beau) delivered potluck food in another of those famous "hospital bowls," Oceanpacific did not disappoint with the manapua, Sophie brightened things with her smile and sketching, Cranberee and Diverdown were warm and cool, Tutusue and her guest took full advantage of a comfy bench and a beautiful view, Cindy dove right in to help coordinate the expansive food spread, and of course 1stwahine presided over the "kitchen."

Here are some photos from various shutterbugs on the Flickr photo sharing site:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/hawaiigeekmeet

I only wish there were four of me so I could've spent more time with everyone. I think I sat down only twice, once next to the ever charming Tutusue, the whole day.

Comment

Nice pictures! One of these days I will make it to a HT get together.

Eh Leo, I know the, "Ho. You SO white!" I know it well. My legs GLOW right now. The kane made me promise him that I will get tan this summer and return to the brown woman he met over 10 years ago.
                        I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

wait a minute - someone took a dog?! well, crap, we could've come too... that is why we didn't come (we had our dog with us as we take him to the dog park every Sunday)

did they kick out the people and dog or did nobody really care that there was a dog at a park that doesn't allow dogs?
                          I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

What a great turnout!

Sorry I missed it (AGAIN)...it looks like everyond had a great time.

Ryan, I love that shirt!

And Auntie Lynn, as always...so lovely! Props to my fellow Kalihi sista!
                            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                            We're not here to mess around
                            Boston, you know we love you madly
                            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                            You know we couldn't live without you
                            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                              And Auntie Lynn, as always...so lovely! Props to my fellow Kalihi sista!
                              heheheh

Make me blush.

My daughter, Gaya and son-in-law, Justin with my grand-daughters Landria and Kiana!

My story on my Blog at http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule!
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

what a great weekend!! Sven and I had such a nice time!! The food was really good (thank's for the vegetarian offerings!) and it was cool to meet everyone! And Magic Island is so pretty!!
                                Yay!!
                                ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Working...
                                X