Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NetFlix - What do you think?

http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/43...ho-prefer-dvds

NetFlix is getting rid of the physical DVD's and going with the on demand/streaming platform solely. Guess we saw it coming, but I'm not interested in taking up my computer in order to watch TV/movies. There's more than one person living in my apartment with me (wife of course).

Not happy
    Only want DVDs
    14.29%
    Only want 'On Demand/Streaming'
    47.62%
    Don't do NetFlix
    38.10%
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Re: NetFlix - What do you think?

The option I want is not there - I want access to both. DVDs are watched in the family room, while the Xbox is in the kid's room.
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

I currently have the streaming Netflix, but primarily use it with the PS3. I know in the near future, the concept of DVDs will eventually become as obsolete as the VHS tape, but looking at the current subscription to them, Netflix's online collection is not that large yet. I have seen some shows in queue only get offered for a limited time, and when I rechecked my queue, they disappeared (since it was moved back to the DVD option only).

I think Netflix should really beef up their online library before they go bold and start cutting the DVD option. That's what we have to use until the world no longer needs discs.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
        NetFlix is getting rid of the physical DVD's and going with the on demand/streaming platform solely. Guess we saw it coming, but I'm not interested in taking up my computer in order to watch TV/movies.
        Besides computers, Netflix can be streamed by other devices, such as videogame consoles (Wii, PS3, Xbox) and Blu-Ray players.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I've been a Netflix subscriber since they started. They have several plans that include DVD's only, DVD's & unlimited streaming, or several limited plans. You can also specify blu-ray discs when available. Anyone who is interested should just go to their website and do their own investigating instead of listening to rumors.
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
            The option I want is not there - I want access to both. DVDs are watched in the family room, while the Xbox is in the kid's room.
            Sorry, should have had that in the poll.

Originally posted by bjd392 View Post
            I think Netflix should really beef up their online library before they go bold and start cutting the DVD option. That's what we have to use until the world no longer needs discs.
            Yeah, the article said that's what they plan to do. So it will take a while to completely change over.

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
            Besides computers, Netflix can be streamed by other devices, such as videogame consoles (Wii, PS3, Xbox) and Blu-Ray players.
            Thanks. That's useful to some but not my house. Computer, stereo, TV das it.

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
            1)They have several plans that include DVD's only, DVD's & unlimited streaming, or several limited plans. 2)Anyone who is interested should just go to their website and do their own investigating instead of listening to rumors.
            1)Yes... for now.
            2)I found the article on Yahoo News. So maybe a rumor.
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news...flix?gt1=43001

They're pissing off their customer base with a new policy.

Comment

Netflix has just announced that they will be streaming to Mexico and Central America in the near future (like Tonga, there is no reliable postal service in Mexico - you'd be surprised what a feeling of freedom that provides!).
                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post

hmmmmmmm really?

I scaled down the DVD's and theres "1" that I just have not gotten around yet to watch and the other which I did eventually pop into the player I ended up not liking after 5 minutes and just did not get around in sending back.
                  As for the streaming service I kinda like it cuz if theres jack s#it on the tube I can always cue up something and besides I made up a list of movies available on streaming that I just type the movie on search. And yes I do swing to my redbox hot spot to get the movies not yet available on NetFlix yet. So to me its a WIN/WIN to me

Comment

From the time NetFlix started advertising with pop up and pop under ads on many websites, I vowed never to use them. Never have. Never will. There is a Red Box not too far from where I live.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

i have a DVD player that streams Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other sources. My Netflix plan is now streaming only. If I want to see a movie, I rent from Amazon. the rate changes don't really affect me now and i don't have to worry about returning a video on time. i don't see what all the fuss is about. Netflix subscribers have been spoiled by low prices for so many years now that they need to face reality - it's a business and if you don't want to pay the increase, don't do it. We can all choose what we want to have, what level of access. Either pay the increase or don't - just quit b****ing & moaning about it.
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post

IMO, the complainers are nothing but crybaby losers.

KITV

"This price change wouldn't be so bad if you put more movies on streaming. Right now the streaming option is loaded with stuff nobody wants to rent." (Blog post.)

Question: If the selection available for streaming is filled with movies he doesn't want to rent, then why didn't he just opt for the DVD-only plan, instead of whining about the price increase for the dual DVD & streaming package?

Answer: Because the blogger is a moron.
                        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

A "Free Trial Card" arrived in the mail today. It appears that Netflix is not sitting idly by just watching current customers abandon their service, but that they are busy marketing new customers all the while.
                          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

http://money.msn.com/business-news/a...ocid=ansmony11

I think that "buffering.............

Comment

I like Netflix.
                              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                              ~ ~
                              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
                              X