"Lost" Season 3 News & Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Lost" Season 3 News & Sightings

We just got back from Oahu, and we ran into the new Brazilian dude "Paulo" surfing at the Banzai Pipeline on the North Shore. They are also filming 3rd season scenes at Malaekahane State Park (north shore) and we got to see Sawyer and Kate out there as well. The Security is really good about fans meandering about. If you continue around the north shore heading east, you will see the dock from the end of Season 2. Its a small island so they seem to be filming everywhere.....

Comment

THEY TURNED FT STREET MALL INTO BANGKOK!!!

it looks SO cool!!!

i remember that director guy saying how great oahu was for filming the show because it's so versatile and they can be in africa, korea, the middle of nowhere, sydney, etc etc. all on one island. i love it! i love how creative they are
      Attached Files
      life is ok sometimes

Comment

That was an awesome location shoot. Whodathunk that the same, occasionally maligned pedestrian mall in downtown Honolulu could play central London one week, and then serve as Bangkok, Thailand, the next? And what really boggles the mind is that they did all that work -- two days of setup, hundreds of people on the payroll -- for what may be 20 seconds of final footage. If they use it at all. Click below for my photoset from "Thailand" (it looked incredible all lit up):

And check the "Jay and Jack" podcast for their latest video release. I filed a "Lost Filming Update" segment for them which features scenes from the medical school shoot last month, clips from the London shoot last week, and video from the great Thailand set, too.

Lots of filming activity on the "other side" now. A bit harder for me to get to than downtown!

Comment

Always a gentleman
          Michael Emerson reflects on his new fame, fortune and future on "Lost"
          In a wide-ranging interview that felt more like an animated lunch with an old friend, the youthful-looking 52-year-old chatted about William Shakespeare, the art of acting, public attention and how theater prepared him for his role as Benjamin Linus/Henry Gale, the enigmatic leader of the Others on the Hawaii-filmed hit ABC television series.

"The acting I find a breeze; it's the publicity that I find challenging," said Emerson. "On the stage you live large, and nobody knows you when you leave the theater. You have a sort of personal anonymity and a much thicker layer of disguise. When you're in close-up on TV, it's as if you and the viewer are breathing the same air. That's a kind of intimacy. It think it's a false intimacy, but it is intimate. I just haven't adjusted to it."

Comment

ABC moves 'Lost' out of 'Idol's' Way
            ABC is reshuffling its Wednesday lineup, launching a two-hour comedy block and moving the hit drama "Lost" to 10 p.m. With the shift from 9 p.m. to 10 p.m. when "Lost" returns with all-original episodes February 7, the Emmy-winning drama will no longer face the "American Idol" results show.
            'Criminal Minds' Steals 'Lost's' Thunder
            CBS's "Criminal Minds" last week scored its biggest audience ever -- nearly 18 million viewers -- and this past Monday was rewarded with this season's post-Super Bowl time slot. The next day, ABC announced that "Lost," which is off until February, would not return to the Wednesday time slot it has shared with "Criminal Minds" -- also the slot of upcoming "American Idol" on Fox.

Comment

Just wondering for those Lost previews airing during the series Day Break, do we discuss them here on this thread or the "Lost" Season 3 thread?

Comment

If it hasn't aired as a full episode, it's all previews, spoilers, and extras, so I think this "backchannel" thread is where it belongs. The regular "Season 3" thread should be kept "canon" -- officially and completely aired.

I watched the first couple of "Day Break" extras, but haven't checked for them in a while (even though they're helpfully archived all over YouTube). Out of context, I don't know what they add, and frankly I get more enjoyment from keeping an eye out for them around town.

Comment

Up until this week's all the preview has been taking place at the beach where the mid-section of the plane landed. Tonight however was different:

It was Jack in the bear cage and Cindy the flight attendant who disappeared last season is on the outside of the cage.

Comment

• Omega Station?

Anybody hear about the "Lost" crew filming at the old Coast Guard Omega Station in the back of Haiku Valley in Kaneohe? For about the last week and a half, while driving to work on H3 early in the morning, there are these huge flood lights, lighting up the old Coast Guard Omega Station. I've also seen the white production trucks down there. Any insight?

DXer

Comment

Well! That's a new one to me! Do tell, if anything else surfaces. I imagine the location isn't particularly conducive to looky-loos, and the lights seem to imply evening shooting. A bit of a reach for this "LOST" stalker!

I'd gotten a tickler that they'd be on the Windward side this week, female "original recipe" castmember flashback, medical scenario... but nothing quite so dramatic sounding as the Omega Station. It's a very ominous, imposing facility... and thus perfect for "LOST."

Comment

That Omega station sounds like a perfect Dharma Institute kind of facility. Mysterious, strange and very out of the way.... even in real life!

It's also something and someplace The Others would probably command. Will be interesting to see how it all fits into the story.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

It would be amazing if they could somehow fit the Stairway to Heaven into the storyline. But alas, it would be very difficult technically, and probably even more difficult legally.

Comment

The Stairway to Heaven could probably be recreated in CGI.
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

"LOST" this week filmed at Kahuku Hospital. Apparently, it was an expressed hope that the compensated, multi-day use of the facility (and various repairs and improvements that went with it) would assist in the hospital's struggle to survive. It continues the show's "good corporate citizen" reputation of always leaving a place in better shape than they found it.

On a lighter note, have y'all seen this fun bit of animation, a riff on "LOST" set to a Weird Al Yankovic medley? Great for this thread, and this one too!

Comment

'Lost' star's Kailua home engulfed in flames
                                The house in Kailua where 'Lost' actress Evangeline Lilly stays was engulfed in flames this morning. Five fire trucks were on the scene as of 6:45 a.m. and have doused the flames but have not been able to go inside yet. The home is located at 864 Iana Street.

Comment

Working...
                                X