"Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

YAYY!!! I was so sad when i heard i had to work tonite and was going to miss lost! Glad it's a re-run....someone's lookin out for me

My theory: I think the "other's" are the scientist that were observing the original people in the "experiment".

I almost thought this thread was gone...thanks Glen for pointing me back in the right direction. Couldn't find it. I wish there was a "favorites" tab.

Don't you think that after Sayid was released he would have faced retalliation/punishment for what he did?? I would have thought the American's would give him immunity(?is that the right word?) and taken him with them to the states.

Comment

P.s. I think they keep re-airing the pilot because a lot of people try to watch it and "get into it" but are "lost" (sorry for the pun). I've tried numerous times to get my friends hooked on it so that i can talk to them about it....but no deals, so thank goodness for this =) Plus while we watch the show, they keep on asking me questions!!

Comment

Originally posted by mauiwahine05
        YAYY!!! I was so sad when i heard i had to work tonite and was going to miss lost! Glad it's a re-run....someone's lookin out for me
        Glad you didn't miss anything... but just to be sure, remember that "Lost" airs on Wednesday nights... or last night. It was a rerun of the fantastic series pilot, but you definitely don't want to miss next week's new one.

I almost thought this thread was gone...thanks Glen for pointing me back in the right direction. Couldn't find it. I wish there was a "favorites" tab.
        You could always subscribe to this thread!

Don't you think that after Sayid was released he would have faced retalliation/punishment for what he did?
        Possibly. But perhaps the only person who'd know was the superior officer he tortured... who might very well not have survived. (Erm, though having a wad of U.S. money might tip someone off, too!) However, we know he put his new skills to work in subsequent years (which is how he came to fall for Nadia), so it seems his work for the U.S. was successfully kept secret.

I think they keep re-airing the pilot because a lot of people try to watch it and "get into it" but are "lost" (sorry for the pun).
        Have they re-aired the Pilot that many times? It's been a while, I thought. It was great to see it again, though, to see how it all started. Who wouldn't be hooked after that? I'm also constantly surprised just how many threads we've seen in the last two seasons can be tied to something hinted at in that pilot, despite the fact that it was produced in a rush and despite the assertion that the writers are making a lot of the stuff up as they go along.

As for folks who want to get into "Lost" but are intimidated about catching up... there is the Season 1 DVD, and I think the show is relatively entertaining even picking it up cold. But ABC does create "catch up" clip shows now and then, too. If you can, find someone who has the "LOST: Revelations" special from early January. And I'd bet there'll be another one preceding the start of Season 3.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          Glad you didn't miss anything... but just to be sure, remember that "Lost" airs on Wednesday nights... or last night. It was a rerun of the fantastic series pilot, but you definitely don't want to miss next week's new one..

Totally got my days mixed up that week cause of President's Day. Thanks for all the info though. =)

Comment

Wow. That was kind of surreal. Especially all the stuff that happens with Claire and...you-know-who...in that room. Seeing him be so nice and stuff...freaky...almost as if he liked her.
            myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Anyone know what Rosseau said about 5 minutes into the program shortly before the "Lost" graphic showed up? Our network audio feed was cut for a local civil defense flood alert signal.

This was an interesting episode in the fact we got to see mainly a flashback episode that only goes back to when someone was on the island, namely Claire. And now it is pretty much confirmed that Ethan is one of "the others" and with the Dharma Institute.

Of course like any other good "Lost" episode this one leaves us with a lot of questions.

Are "the others" just showing up like raggamuffins as only a disguise. They seem to be part of a grand scheme undertaken by the Dharma Institute, whoever they are.... hmmm. What is that fake beard used for? Was it a fake beard? What about the dingy looking clothes hanging up in the lockers?

I almost expected Walt to fall out of one of the lockers...

Rosseau's daughter looks like she is well taken care of, at least at the time of Claire's abduction.

I wonder if this now third hatch - facility thing is connected to the other 2? Seemed to have the same rumbling hum powering something. Where is the power coming from. Apparently there is adequate supply of power and water on the island. Just look for a switch, turn on the power... convenient.

BTW, on an unrelated note I don't think I have ever mentioned it, but the actress playing Danielle Rosseau (Mira Furlan) was a regular cast member of the Babylon 5 TV series in the 1990s. She played Delenn in that series.

Daniel Dae Kim was a regular on the very short lived Babylon 5 sequel series, Crusade that aired for 13 episodes in 1999. This is not mentioned on Kim's bio at the ABC Lost website. I am sure most people probably know this.

Just thought I'd pass this small bit of trivia on.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Fantastic episode. Gonna need some time to process it all. Now podcast-less, my wife (Kilinahe) and I blogged our initial thoughts here.

Comment

Yep, you brought up a lot of other questions I had in mind and also a few things I either missed or did not think about. Overall this was one of the best "Lost" episodes so far this season. I am happy to see Danielle back. Hopefully her character recurs more often.

The only bummer about reading your blog is to find out the next new episode airs on March 22.... so another 3 weeks of re-runs or pre-emptions... hmmm.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Oh bummer on the repeats. I didn't mind the text scrolling across warning about the weather situtation but having the audio dropped out I didn't like, however it might be something that KITV does. Well either some one from the mainland would fill in the missing audio or we get to hear it on a repeat.

As far as the episode itself, when I saw the previews I didn't know if the flashbacks would be either Libby who we never seen yet or Claire which didn't leave much story background before the crash but the Lost crew threw a fast one by doing the flashback on Claire's lost time when she was gone.

Kind of have to wonder what kind of drugs they gave Claire since she was so mellow.
                    Last edited by helen; March 1, 2006, 11:49 PM. Reason: see --> hear, Lost --> lost

Comment

Gah, WHAT is with playing re-runs and stuff all the time? I need my Lost fixes, damn it *kicks something*

Ah well, I'm too lazy to do it myself so I'm waiting for some of my fanatic friends to find the connections between Lost and The Brothers Karamazov (that book Locke gave "Henry").
                      myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Arrrgh! We had mainland guests who aren't hooked, so we didn't see it! Anybody have a copy that could be burned to DVD/VHS?
                        http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                          Anyone know what Rosseau said about 5 minutes into the program shortly before the "Lost" graphic showed up? Our network audio feed was cut for a local civil defense flood alert signal.
                          Yeah, I was literally laughing out loud when that happened.
                          For those of you who aren't here in the islands: after a confrontation, one person said "What did she say?" and the reply was "She said BEEP BEEP BEEP..." with the flood warning signal cutting in over the answer. The timing was so absolutely perfect that at first I thought it was intentional.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Spoiler

Mel said: Are "the others" just showing up like raggamuffins as only a disguise. They seem to be part of a grand scheme undertaken by the Dharma Institute, whoever they are.... hmmm. What is that fake beard used for? Was it a fake beard? What about the dingy looking clothes hanging up in the lockers?

Well, the clean-cut older guy who was talking to Ethan in the hall, outside the door to Claire's room? He's the same guy who was the scruffy bushy-haired Other a few episodes ago who faced off against Jack and Locke and Sawyer in the jungle at night. So yeah, the rags and beards are clearly disguises.

Comment

Thanks for filling me in on who the bearded guy could have been. Yep, definitely think those were disguises and the whole island is probably some kind of scientific experiment gone crazy.
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                                Yeah, I was literally laughing out loud when that happened...... The timing was so absolutely perfect that at first I thought it was intentional.
                                It's funny now but when I was watching that portion it was kind of frustrating to miss whatever it was that she said. Oh well, better timing would have been during the commercials that aired moments later... guess you can't upset the $ponsor$.
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X