Hurricanes Jova and Kenneth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricanes Jova and Kenneth

Here we go! There are two hurricanes east of the Hawaiian Islands right now, Hurricane Jova and Hurricane Kenneth. I'm guessing they'll be in our neighborhood in about a week or so. Here's the latest NOAA bulletin:

TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
    NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
    4 PM PDT FRI SEP 16 2005

FOR THE EASTERN NORTH PACIFIC... EAST OF 140 DEGREES WEST LONGITUDE.

The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane Jova, located about 1350 miles east-southeast of Hilo Hawaii, and on Hurricane Kenneth, located about 1165 miles west-southwest of the southern tip of Baja California.

The broad area of low pressure located about 750 miles south of the southern tip of Baja California is drifting slowly westward. This system has changed little today, but there is some potential for it to develop into a tropical depression during the next day or two , if it does not get absorbed into a larger disturbance located to the east.

A large tropical disturbance located about 400 miles south of Manzanillo Mexico has continued to become a little better organized this afternoon. The system is moving west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph, and it has the potential to develop into a tropical depression during the next day or so.

Elsewhere, Tropical storm formation is not expected through Saturday.
    Here are a couple of good local map references for storm tracking:

Tropical Storm Tracks (UH)
    http://www.solar.ifa.hawaii.edu/Tropical/

Central Pacific Hurricane Center (NOAA)
    http://www.prh.noaa.gov/hnl/cphc/

Re: Hurricanes Jova and Kenneth

I guess I should go to the store today and tomorrow and stock up on bottled water, spam, batteries and granola bars.

Not that it's going to hit Hawaii but here is the 4 day advanced notice about hurricanes.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
      I guess I should go to the store today and tomorrow and stock up on bottled water, spam, batteries and granola bars.

Not that it's going to hit Hawaii but here is the 4 day advanced notice about hurricanes.
      Helen, since you going to Long's the Red Salmon is also on sale for $1.99 It's great just from the can. Add a little shoyu with sliced tomato and diced onions it's a dish in it's self.

Anybody know wea get cheap toilet paper. I serious. I went to Longs. Had to buy a 12 pack Deluxe Roll for $ 4.99. It's getting expensive to take a dump. If a hurricane does hit...I sure don't want to be without toilet paper.

Where's the list again for what we need? Tape, Water, Medications, etc.

Mahalo,

Aunty Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

been a long time since there was a hurricane close to the islands huh? last one was? hurricane daniel?

Comment

Ryan said that he wanted to go to Longs to stock up on stuff before the disaster comes. Me I am flexible, I might want to go to Wal-Mart for the toilet paper (roll of 4 for $1.38), Daiei for the spam, Costco for the AA batteries, Sam's Club for the granola bars and I haven't decided on where to get the bottled water yet.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
            Ryan said that he wanted to go to Longs to stock up on stuff before the disaster comes. Me I am flexible, I might want to go to Wal-Mart for the toilet paper (roll of 4 for $1.38), Daiei for the spam, Costco for the AA batteries, Sam's Club for the granola bars and I haven't decided on where to get the bottled water yet.
            Ok, Helen you invited to my house! I'll come to pick you up 48 hours before it hits! I stocked up on can goods! I gotta get toilet paper and water.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Make the hurricane go away

I'm really scared...our house is so old and frail, I can hear our roof wanting to fly off on a very windy day. Wonder what my parents are going to do...
              myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Originally posted by kupomog
                Make the hurricane go away

I'm really scared...our house is so old and frail, I can hear our roof wanting to fly off on a very windy day. Wonder what my parents are going to do...
                Everybody come over Auntie Lynn's House! No be scared, kupomog. The POWER of PRAYER will get us through!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                  Everybody come over Auntie Lynn's House! No be scared, kupomog. The POWER of PRAYER will get us through!

Auntie Lynn
                  That'd be a good invite if your place can fit 11 people, along with the other HIthreads people invited.

I haven't seen the latest news on it, but as long as my Dad's tools are in the same place during and after the possible storm, then we're safe.
                  How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                    The POWER of PRAYER will get us through!
                    aunty, have you met Tiny Tadani?

Comment

When they were talking about NO a doctor had been saying all the medical records for the people in the areas of the Gulf coast that were hit the hardest were lost and that they'd have to build up the things from square one. Which will be really tough for some of the older folks who just don't remember and for kids who don't have their folks to remember for them.

They mentioned an online records storage site where you can fill out a medical history profile so if something happens the records won't be permanetly lost and can be accessed from anywhere.

http://www.inhealthrecords.com/

Might be something to check out. Could be good if you travel alot too.

Comment

...and now there's a third storm, Tropical Storm Lidia, behind Hurricane Jova and Hurricane Kenneth. Jova's now a Category 2, and Kenneth is up to Category 3. Boy, this'll be an interesting couple of weeks.

Comment

Wow! Lucky I when check this thread!

Adrian, I can fit more than 11 people with ease. I have a three bedroom. There's only MAMA, MARK and me. In the event of an emergency, we can surely share our bedrooms and living rooms as deemed fit. We will make room! I also have a huge enclose lanai area.

Kimo, No...I have not met Tiny. I believed in GOD way before TINY came on HT! However, I don't go preaching my beliefs on everyone and I respect what others believe in even if it's a broom. More power to them.

Now, back to the topic at hand...yes, it's going to be very interesting. No excuse not to stock up on items and things. We are warned well in advanced so better not have any cry babies from HT. Even if there will not be anything...it's better to be safe than SORRY!

Auntie Lynn
                          Last edited by 1stwahine; September 17, 2005, 08:51 PM.

Comment

The 4th storm area behind Lidia may become organized too and that will be named Max. At the rate these things are going, we'll be up to the letter "Z" in no time.

OK now I better go look for my flashlight and batteries among other things.
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Aloha folks,

Wow.....two in one month???? Three in one month????? Good Lord, maybe 4???????? This will be one for my personal history books. I've tried not to watch too much tv the past couple of weeks. So, imagine my surprise this afternoon as I kissed my husband good bye for 6 months (after a two month separation for the guard with a ten day interval in between) and heard from another wife that there were a couple of storms a brewin' in the Pacific. I was in Biloxi, MS for Katrina. Words will never explain completely what it was and still is like down there. I will ask this one thing of all of you local friends. Remember that God gave you life and God will take it if it's your time. But, PLEASE PLEASE take heed in the warnings, etc. that we are given. Prepare......make sure you have plenty of the stuff they warn you to have. Some people where I was sheltered didn't take it seriously. They had no food, they had no water......it was not a good situation. Remember, you may be needed to save somebody else's life. Please take all measures to protect your own. Keep your hearts light. You will need this pleasantness should we actually get hit with this storm. It will help get you through the toughest parts.......Don't wait til the last minute. There will always be something you forget...........be prepared.

Comment

Working...
                              X