X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 3

Originally posted by Adri View Post
    *sigh* That seems to be a move that will only annoy. It won't satisfy the hard-core Clinton supporters or the people who were all indignant about the DNC trying to impose a penalty for Florida and Michigan breaking the party rules or the people who felt that Florida and Michigan should be penalized for breaking the party rules.
    On the other hand, they may figure that at this late in the game, the point is moot. If Clintonites decide to break ranks and hold the convention hostage, it will benefit neither Hillary nor Obama. History has shown us that, and both candidates will act accordingly.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
      On the other hand, they may figure that at this late in the game, the point is moot. If Clintonites decide to break ranks and hold the convention hostage, it will benefit neither Hillary nor Obama. History has shown us that, and both candidates will act accordingly.
      Interestingly (at least to me) there a fair number of posts on websites like CNN and Foxnews from people purporting to be Clinton supporters who are willing to lose this election to McCain because they believe so strongly that Clinton will win in 2012 (amd some seem to think that her chances of winning in 2012 are even better if the intervening years are terrible and are assuming that they will be terrible if McCain gets elected) and it doesn't seem to matter to them that (presumably) McCain's beliefs and positions are so far from their own and from Clinton's.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
        Interestingly (at least to me) there a fair number of posts on websites like CNN and Foxnews from people purporting to be Clinton supporters who are willing to lose this election to McCain because they believe so strongly that Clinton will win in 2012 (amd some seem to think that her chances of winning in 2012 are even better if the intervening years are terrible and are assuming that they will be terrible if McCain gets elected) and it doesn't seem to matter to them that (presumably) McCain's beliefs and positions are so far from their own and from Clinton's.
        For the sake of the Democratic Party, I hope you are wrong. Things are already beginning to eerily resemble that tumultuous time that was supposed be lessons learned for America.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
          For the sake of the Democratic Party, I hope you are wrong. Things are already beginning to eerily resemble that tumultuous time that was supposed be lessons learned for America.
          I agree, but Hillary Clinton haven't been making as much noise about backing Obama. Ever since she lost the candidacy, she haven't been seen nor heard from ... a lot. It's like she's distancing herself from the Democratic Party.

Fortunate for the Republicans, they apparently can unify after John McCain is declared their choice for a presidential candidate.

If there is ever a time for Democrat Unification, she has to appear on convention stage podium and make a pledge speech to fully support Obama. Her stern message has to reach her loyal but disgruntled supporters.
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
            If there is ever a time for Democrat Unification, she has to appear on convention stage podium and make a pledge speech to fully support Obama.
            Wait for it. She's the headline prime-time speaker on Tuesday.

Pre-convention, she said: "Let there be no mistake about it, we are united," and "I am asking you -- to those of you who supported me I will be forever grateful -- to work as hard for Barack Obama as you worked for me during the primary."

Comment

Being disgruntled is just another form of the beloved hand-wringing that is the hallmark of liberal politics as usual. Worry, dissension, complaint, upset, protest, activism, outrage, et al are the foundation of the party in the modern era. This is the root of the fundamental problem they face.

You can look locally, at any public hearing in Kona, or nationally at the convention. Same song coming from Dems.
              FutureNewsNetwork.com
              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                Being disgruntled is just another form of the beloved hand-wringing that is the hallmark of liberal politics as usual. Worry, dissension, complaint, upset, protest, activism, outrage, et al are the foundation of the party in the modern era. This is the root of the fundamental problem they face.
                Yeah! It's so much wiser to just shut up, sit down, hang on, don't complain, and let the world spin down the toilet instead. Stop trying to change things, you crazy libs - quit dreaming about a better world.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                  Pre-convention, she said: "Let there be no mistake about it, we are united," and "I am asking you -- to those of you who supported me I will be forever grateful -- to work as hard for Barack Obama as you worked for me during the primary."
                  *turns up his hearing aid*

What did she say? HUH?!?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    Yeah! It's so much wiser to just shut up, sit down, hang on, don't complain, and let the world spin down the toilet instead. Stop trying to change things, you crazy libs - quit dreaming about a better world.
                    There is no better world, until the worst part of the world catches up to us...

Except in broadband service, we're so third-world country.

Comment

My wife became a U.S. citizen just a couple of years ago. She has watched or listened to me be so excited over the campaigns. Now has gotten seriously interested herself to the point of registering to vote!

More people are paying attention across our nation than have for many years.

With all that is at stake, no matter which party you like...
                      everyone should vote.
                      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Has anyone seen this:

http://www.peteyandpetunia.com/VoteHere/VoteHere.htm

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                          Old news. Wouldn't be a political atmosphere without JibJab these days.

Comment

Obama news blooper

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                              Thanks for the morning giggle, Vanguard! I don't remember who it was on our local news who accidentally called Obama "Osama" then immediately apologized for his blooper. I do remember cringing when I heard it then feeling sorry for the anchor. We all make mistakes but some are just way more public than others!

Comment

No problem, Tutu! I have a feeling we'll have many more laughs before this election day starts!

Comment

Working...
                                X