X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Superferry problems solved!

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Aren't we lucky that we can all be the beneficiaries of a range of opposing viewpoints on HT?
    leading question.

I enjoy less bitch-slapping and more courteous debating, if you please.
    sometimes, those who insist repeatedly on not debating courteously invite the bitch-slapping they get.

But that's just MY opinion.
    and you can deduce mine.

superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

• Re: Hawaii Superferry - Chapter 7

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
      Geez, LikaNui. Call me lazy.
      Well, okay, if you insist.
      You're lazy.
      There. Hope you feel better. It didn't do anything for me.

But don’t you think this current band of “participant observers” would benefit from a brief summary of those so-called “proven facts”? Links as always, greatly appreciated.
      I think those PO's who are just joining in are the ones who are lazy. If they want to know things, they can read back through the thread(s) and find it. I offered up the hard proof. Others know the proof was provided. So why should I spend my valuable time to do it again and again for lazy people? They can learn how to use Search functions and how to Google.
      I worked 17 hours yesterday, so I have no desire at all to do someone else's work for them.
      Ain't gonna happen.
      Sorry.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
        and you can deduce mine.
        Why do I feel like you just honked your horn at me?

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
          Listening to Senator Hooser, If I was Garibaldi, I would say Aloha, walk out and set sail outta Hawai'i!

I'm foa The Hawaii Superferry. The way Senator Hooser was asking the questions were just plain rude!

Auntie Lynn
          Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
          That's EXACTLY what I was thinking too!
          Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
          "Brilliant Minds"

Auntie Lynn
          Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
          you have to keep in mind - next year is an election year. Hooser wants to be re-elected. if he comes out in support of HSF (as he did several years ago), then he totally blows his chances of coming back to the leg. Hooser is a politician - nice guy, who I've met, but he is still a politician who is always looking towards the next election.

and sadly, I think HSF will end up leaving Hawaii and we will all be the losers if that happens.
          Anapuni hit the nail on the head in relation to Hooser.

Fwiw, I think WE, no matter which side we are on, are already losers.

Comment

Why do I feel like you just honked your horn at me?
            *lol* that reminds me--a friend of ours told us a great story last night while we were at east side grill watching the UH women's volleyball game that i need to pass along.

to go back to the superferry...anyone hear its horn? is it multi-tonal, like the ones on cruise ships?
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by ptosis View Post
              Twenty-fourth legislature Second Special Session of 2007 Oct 19 2007 Committee on Judiciary and Labor Senator Senator Clayton Hee, Vice Chair

Director of DOT;
              " I do not have that… {indistinct mumble}"

Senator Hee , (Epee Skewerer);
              "I suppose that it would be helpful - if you provide that
              information to us, (the sooner the better), to the chair and to the
              extent that an extension of this special session is required, I think
              that it should be noted that the Department of Business and Economic
              Development Director came unprepared to provide fundamental baseline
              information {words lost in the applause}
              More quotables from today’s Honolulu Advertiser:

“It’s not just the process. It’s the arrogance of both the company and the Department of Transportation over a three-year period, continually pushing to get around this requirement and ignoring the people.”

— Sen. Gary Hooser (D-Kaua‘i)
              Majority Leader

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
              USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                to go back to the superferry...anyone hear its horn? is it multi-tonal, like the ones on cruise ships?
                I do not recall the cruise ships stopping at Nawiliwili having multi-tonal horns--well, not since the Constitution and Independence. NCL ships have been blowing a single tone here--a C.
                Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

For anyone who is interested Hawaii Super Ferry is asking for SUPPORT in the form of testimony today (Monday 10/29) before 1:30 PM. Need not be present - you can email your testimony here.
                  Mahalo!
                  ~Kalei~
                  So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

From this link at the Star-Bulletin's website:

State senators voted 20-5 this morning to approve a bill that would put the Hawaii Superferry back in service despite court rulings that it first had to complete an environmental study.
                    The measure allows the Superferry to sail from Oahu to Maui and Kauai while placing a few minor conditions on it to protect endangered humpback whales and prevent the spread of invasive species.
                    (...)
                    The state House has passed a separate version of the bill that places fewer restrictions on the Superferry. The differences will have to be resolved before the measure is approved.
                    Also available on the Advertiser's site at this link and a full breakdown of the vote is at this link.

Comment

Rep. Mina Morita is now questioning--right now--- Linda Lingle on Olelo, Ch. 49.

Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Best show this evening: the House hearings on www.oleo.org (ch. 49). Testimony got so heated for Gov. Lingle that Souki had to call a recess! Later on today, finally testimony from the acting Dir. of DLNR and the OEQC.

5:00 p.m.: Garibaldi is on the hotseat now.

Miulang
                        Last edited by Miulang; October 29, 2007, 04:56 PM.
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Help support the furloughed SuperFerry employees by buying a "Support Hawaii SuperFerry" t-shirt for $20 at this link.
                          I ordered two of 'em.

Comment

If you don't want to take the time to watch the hearings on Olelo (now in recess), you could always go to the House Majority Blog. Kim, the blogger, is doing a good job of objectively reporting on what's been going on.

The House just heard testimony from an HSF steward who said that the "thorough" training he and other employees got was a Powerpoint presentation. No hands on training at all. There's a whale avoidance policy in place, but they haven't been trained on what to do if they strike a whale.

Miulang

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                              The House just heard testimony from an HSF steward who said that the "thorough" training he and other employees got was a Powerpoint presentation. No hands on training at all. There's a whale avoidance policy in place, but they haven't been trained on what to do if they strike a whale.

Miulang
                              And what, jump in the water and administer first aid?

The dude's a steward.

Your troll crap is tired already.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                                a full breakdown of the vote is at this link.
                                Interesting that the vast majority of the neighbor island senators voted against the bill, even with the conditions it places on the Superferry that supposedly address environmental concerns. I sense a real rift is developing between Honolulu County urbanites and the “keep da country, country” silent majority on the outer islands.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                                USA TODAY, page 2A
                                11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                                X