"Lost" - Season 4: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" - Season 4: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Tonight's episode had so many surprising twists and turns to rival even last week's one. Sayid working for Ben? Sheesh! Hurley tied up but not really? Some people leaving the island. The helicopter works.

Looks like the capitol crowd scene may show up next week.... I think.

Also caught Ryan and Jen's podcast this past week and spent 2 days catching up. And now also back on my iTunes.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

After tonight's episode the Oceanic Six so far includes:
      1. Jack
      2. Hurley
      3. Sayid

Even though Kate was shown to be off the island at the end of last season, I doubt it that she is part of the Oceanic Six. For her to be in the famous spotlight from being rescued would sooner or later be caught by the US Marshals.

As far as who was in the coffin from last season? Likey suspects would be of course Hurley or Sayid, or one of the remaining 3 Oceanic Six yet to be revealed. Or the four new guys (Frank, Dan, Miles or Charlotte) who are after Ben.

Weird stuff:
      The difference in the times it took for the rocket payload to get to Dan's place measured on the ground and within the rocket itself.

I guess Jacob's cabin comes and goes.

In the flashforward Sayid is a hitman working for Ben. So I guess the people Sayid are killing are Ben's enemies on the outside world.

Comment

Loved it. Jen and I blogged our reaction here. International intrigue, double-crossed double-crossers, romance, time discrepancies... what's not to love?

Comment

Hurley disappointed me greatly. Tubby, you make me sad.

I think Desmond is going to be the next to die The reaction from the freighter folks when he was pressing about Penny was telling. I think they were sent by her dad and the photo was so that they could make sure he couldn't blend in with either the "natives" or the 815ers. What I'm left with not understanding is why he's flying over there if he sees the future - maybe he can't see his own death, or maybe he can and is gonna leave Penny a message? argh... I'm kinda hoping Des, Sayid and Ben's "contact" are bada** enough to kick some freighter butt (but I gotta admit, I kinda dig the pilot and Daniel). Except, Ben's contact (or who I suspect is the contact) is someone that we all view (or at least I do) as a traitor, so I wonder what he says to Sayid...

I'm not gonna touch the time difference issues. Im still wrapped around Sayid's hair.

And Ben LIVES! Didn't see that coming, let alone that Sayid would agree to work for him to keep his "friends" safe. It sounds like everyone is keeping the same secret, but play different parts in the secret. Does this mean all of the freighter folks die? Miles I can see dying early on cuz he's a tard.

I really wanted to see Nadia. I hope Ben didn't reference to her at the end

Comment

I am thinking that maybe Ben's inside man on the boat might be Michael. As it stands Ben does not know that the helicopter is in working order.

Comment

Up until tonight's episode I figured Kate wouldn't be back in the world as Kate but as someone else.

Well it seems that I was wrong. The flash forward tells the story of Kate's legal issues after they have been rescued. During Kate's trial Jack relates the tale of the crash which is way different what we have been seeing for the last 4 seasons.

And some how Kate is now taking care of Aaron. So did something happen to Claire? Or did Claire wanted Aaron to live in the outside world?

Back on the island Miles seems to have his own agenda, he is willing to take money from Ben and tell his bosses that Ben is dead.

Comment

Yes, and Jack's reluctance to see Aaron is curious too. Is Jack somehow going to be responsible for separating Aaron from Claire? At least now we know who Kate had to get back to the night she meets Jack outside of LAX in the flash forward from last season. Lots of interesting twists and turns tonight!
                No, I'm not the Larry Price, I just happen to have the same name.

Comment

Couple of things (just beginning to check my usual list of LOST chats...):

Forgot for a moment that Aaron is Jack's nephew, then remembered...

Also, from the teaser for next week, if there is some kind of helicopter "incident," (crash or otherwise), at least we know Sayid survives from last week's episode.

Comment

My wife and I blogged our thoughts in detail last night. Tonight we'll be recording our podcast. I definitely think Jack's reluctance to see Aaron relates to guilt over something that happened to Claire. But I think the turnaround we know is coming -- where he goes from "we're never going back" to "we have to go back" -- relates to his ultimate discovery of his relationship to her.

At least, I hope so, 'cause I hate to think Claire is dead. Desmond did see her get on the helicopter, so...

Anyone recognize the street and house we see Kate live in?
                    Last edited by pzarquon; February 22, 2008, 09:59 AM.

Comment

One thing I can't figure out is why Kate's trial took place in California. The crimes she is accused of doing didn't take place there.

And her plea agreement kind of makes her unwilling to go with Jack back to the island.

Comment

...ok, I'm dying to know... what's the street/area where Kate's house was?!?!? Looks waialae-iki'ish (is that a word? ) ..but can't place it.

Damn this season is a rocking!!!

Comment

Aaron is Jack's nephew? where did I miss that?
                          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Jack and Claire are half-siblings; their dad is Christian Shephard. You find this out in the S3 episode Par Avion.
                            myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Just posted our latest podcast. One of the questions that comes up: What happened to the supposed wreckage of Oceanic 815 that was found in the trench? The discovery of the plane and bodies was international headline news. But in this latest episode, it looks like the official story is the plane crashed on an island in the South Pacific.

If the survival of the Oceanic Six was such a big deal, a pretty huge conspiracy would have been revealed. We know Frank knew the pilot wasn't the pilot, and we know Charlotte in Tunisia didn't believe the news reports, and we had the Find815 ARG... so I hope they get to that this season.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                                One of the questions that comes up: What happened to the supposed wreckage of Oceanic 815 that was found in the trench? The discovery of the plane and bodies was international headline news. But in this latest episode, it looks like the official story is the plane crashed on an island in the South Pacific.
                                I didn't even think about that! Me thinks I should screw on my critical thinking cap tighter.

It would be amusing if Kate really did get preggers with Sawyer's baby and decided to name him Aaron, in honor of Claire's Aaron.
                                I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Working...
                                X