Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some questions I haven't seen yet

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
    I already have a TX driver's license, but want to get a HI one because I heard it's better to have (local's specials and all). But I don't want them to take my Texas one away from me, so maybe I'll take an old one I just didn't like the picture on for them to keep.
    I might be misinterpreting what you've written, but I'm pretty sure that as soon as Hawaii issues you a Hawaii driver's license then they'll tell Texas. And Texas will probably cancel your Texas driver's license, although you won't have to mail it back to their DMV. Heck, Hawaii's DMV might even want you to hand over your Texas driver's license to the clerk before they'll give you the Hawaii one. That's the way it's worked in other states I've been licensed in, although I've never been licensed in Texas.

I don't know of a way to get a local ID (driver's license or state ID) without transferring your residency (and your taxpayer status) from Texas to Hawaii (no matter how short or temporary your time here). Coming from Texas, you will probably pay far more in Hawaii state taxes than you'll save on local specials...
    Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
    Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
    We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
    Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Maybe I'll just get a State Issued ID then. I lived in Arkansas for a year and did not lose my residency in TX...they just took my info and my picture and I walked out with a license. When I moved back to TX, my parents were still living there, so I could still claim residency. We aren't selling our house here, so I still can claim residency. My best friend just moved back from KS after three years, has a KS license, but still has a valid TX license too. So I don't know. I'll check into it before I do anything though. Thanks for the warning.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

warning! if you go and get a hawaii state i.d., go early. i went once and it took several hours. i then went another time, early, and it took maybe 45 minutes.
        "chaos reigns within.
        reflect, repent and reboot.
        order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
          2. Anybody know any doctors? I need a good GP.
          Dr Owen Nishikawa at Kuakini. Good listener. Real sharp. Nice guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
            Dr Owen Nishikawa at Kuakini. Good listener. Real sharp. Nice guy.
            Agreed. He is my physician and I am very happy with him.
            What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Working...
            X