A Cautionary Tale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Cautionary Tale

Remember - Tim comes from the school of "never hit first, always hit last." But his definition of "hit" is ... flexible.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      Remember - Tim comes from the school of "never hit first, always hit last." But his definition of "hit" is ... flexible.
      And THAT is "A Cautionary Tale"!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        Sounds like his definition of "first" is also...flexible!

Comment

Always best not to spit. Especially into the wind. Said Jim Croce.

Sounds like a line from Willie Wonka to the naughty children.

So simple, yet understated.

It's a 3 glurg night........
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Living in Hawaii does require a special take on life. I live in Phoenix, AZ which is about as close to hell as you can get without actually kissing the devil. Almost 4 years ago my boss said he needed me to move temporarily to The Big Island to oversee a project we had there. I was very reluctant to go and all I could think of was how far I would be from all my friends and family. The first 2 months I was there all I did was work all day and sit around my apartment at night and wish I was back in Phoenix. Then one day I made my way to the Hilo Farmer’s Market. I spent a couple of hours there looking at everything and buying some fruit. I then walked down the street and visited an art gallery and the Pacific Tsunami museum. The next day after work I spent a while walking Hilo and loved it. I spent the next year and a half driving and walking all over the island and just enjoying everything it is. When the project I was working on ended I had to move back to Phoenix and leave the island I had learned to love. That was almost 2 years ago and I still miss it every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick View Post
              Auwe! Some people get it, some people never do.

I'm a happy hawaii import goin' on 34 years now. But when I go mainland, I probably whine a lot.

What! No sticky rice?
              Where's the ocean?
              It's so Cooooold. Brrrr!
              You call this sashimi?
              How can you not know what a Manapua is!
              Ewwww, shoes on the carpet.
              Gawd, is that a snake!
              How come the weathercast doesn't have a surf report?
              You call that a beach? It may be where land touches water, but it ain't a beach!
              I said I was "Pau", how come you still nevah take my plate?
              MY McDonalds has Portuguese Sausage, what's wrong with this McDonalds?
              How can you not like Spam?
              How come there's no shoyu on the table?
              How come every fricken department store I go into, I have to go through 2 sets of doors?

Got any of your own?

Loved the list, Slick!

Comment

Working...
              X