Pvt. Bradley Manning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pvt. Bradley Manning

The persecution of worthy American's persists and we'll see if Obama has the nuts to pardon him. Daniel Ellsberg did similar things and is revered by most now for helping this country know the dirt, now the dirt is quickly piled on the good guys if they do the right thing even if it's not legal and our media is complicit with the bad guys in this travesty.
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...l-verdict-live
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Pvt. Bradley Manning

Fear of the very real probability of being sentenced to jail for 100+ years will deter all but the most determined would-be whistleblowers from ever blowing the whistle.

Let freedom reign.

Comment

A report today said Manning is a gay guy, always felt himself an outsider growing up, a disturbed personality. Funny after gays achieve such advances including the right to serve in the military that it could be undone, giving conservatives a case to say See We TOLD You!

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
        A report today said Manning is a gay guy, always felt himself an outsider growing up, a disturbed personality. Funny after gays achieve such advances including the right to serve in the military that it could be undone, giving conservatives a case to say See We TOLD You!
        Stupid self-serving cons will always say crap like that just like they always say total crap about anything they're confused (as usual) about. They and their spittle-lead anger are to be ignored and dismissed, now and always.
        I hadn't heard about him being gay or alleged*, but the military prosecutors/lying persecuters have tried everything they could to vilify Manning and the garbage media have been complicite in this all the way, by ignoring the story from day 1 until the verdict was near or constantly slanting coverage and more importantly (in the long run) public opinion against him. Even NPR is highly guilty of this abomination towards real news/investigative reporting and info about everything since being cowed by BushCo. They've all been complicite in turning public opinion against him and with it against freedoms of the press, whistleblowers, and the right of citizens to know WTF our dirty Gmt. is doing against us. And it's doing plenty with a head of steam now. Now, if you speak up about anything you'll be targeted, castigated, financially ruined, arrested, tried, found guilty, and sent to prison with abuse, simply for doing the right thing as a good American just as Snowden is facing. Obama has been just as bad, if not worse, than Bush, the only thing missing is Cheney The Dick in the shadows. Or is he?
        *Here's an intersting angle on the gay thing; http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...groups-support

I'm curious if Obama is wondering (not to mention questioning or god forbid investigating) why the military lied to him years back about their handling of Manning now that the judge has cut his potential prison time down for time served (3 years) and 112 days for mistreatment at the hands of those who lied to the President? Does he even gives a rat's ass. If I had children I'd sure be pushed over the limit in watching all this unAmerican BS going down.
        Last edited by Ron Whitfield; July 31, 2013, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Bradley Manning was sentenced to 35 years in prison, considered to be among the more severe sentences.

In another development, Bradley Manning is apparently now openly pursuing a transgender identity and has asked to be called Chelsea Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
            Bradley Manning was sentenced to 35 years in prison.
            Obama is already being pushed to pardon him and it may take 3 more years for him to make up his mind, if he hasn't already. He can make a lot of amends for his, so far, wasted terms (at best) by doing the right thing.

Comment

A poster boy for a draftee army, so it wouldn't have to rely on obviously disturbed and obviously unqualified volunteers. I hate the draft and have ever since the Vietnam War. But they've either got to go back to a draft or take a lot more care, be a lot more selective and discriminating, in accepting volunteers. To me, when the 13th Amendment says No Involuntary Servitude, except for convicted criminals, it means it. But Chelsea makes the case that the army is a lot better off and so is the country if the army selects from a more mainstream population. I wonder if Chelsea will spend her time with male or female prisoners, or maybe there is a transgender cell block.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                Obama is already being pushed to pardon him and it may take 3 more years for him to make up his mind, if he hasn't already. He can make a lot of amends for his, so far, wasted terms (at best) by doing the right thing.
                I doubt President Obama will give a pardon. I think at best, Manning's sentence will get commuted to no longer than 10 years, but I don't think even that will happen unless the tide changes and whistleblowers get more recognition or unless more information about highly egregious government is leaked. That being said, I think the appeals process should commute the sentence to time served and release Manning at once.

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                A poster boy for a draftee army, so it wouldn't have to rely on obviously disturbed and obviously unqualified volunteers. I hate the draft and have ever since the Vietnam War. But they've either got to go back to a draft or take a lot more care, be a lot more selective and discriminating, in accepting volunteers. To me, when the 13th Amendment says No Involuntary Servitude, except for convicted criminals, it means it. But Chelsea makes the case that the army is a lot better off and so is the country if the army selects from a more mainstream population. I wonder if Chelsea will spend her time with male or female prisoners, or maybe there is a transgender cell block.
                From what I've read, they're treating Manning like Bradley Manning and will make no accommodations for Chelsea Manning. It will require a well-conceived lawsuit for the US Army to change their position. I wonder if there is any precedent for military convicted inmates to serve the rest of their sentence in a civilian prison, that would probably be the easiest way for the Army to address this.

Apparently, they brought Manning to Iraq because Manning was an analyst and they were very desperate for analysts. Would the draft bring more analysts that are qualified to go to battlegrounds like Iraq and Afghanistan? You'd probably have just as many people who would be freaked out with seeing things like collateral damage. I don't like the draft either, but I wonder if we'd have a more informed citizenry with a draft? A citizenry more pro-active like in the 1960s with the protests. Ultimately, I think we shouldn't have been in Iraq in the first place, and incidents like Abu Ghraib and the collateral damage that seemed to spark the whistleblowing for Manning should therefore never have happened in the first place. In that case, the problem isn't the draft. The problem is in our elected officials.
                Last edited by Vanguard; August 22, 2013, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Ultimately, I think we shouldn't have been in Iraq in the first place,

A M E N ! ! !

Comment

Working...
                  X