HT 'ohana pet photo gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HT 'ohana pet photo gallery

I've seen lots of HT'ers cute pet photos scattered around over the years and it seems like we need one central thread specifically to show our pet photos, so here it is. Please join in!

This is Hoku (taken a few minutes ago), rescued from the Humane Society about 12 years ago:

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: HT o`hana pet photo gallery

We first got Rishi, a more traditional looking Bengal.

This is from when they were still young 'uns...introducing Frankie(2006)

And here's one from Dec 2007:

Comment

so pretty!

Comment

Oh man I hate cats but those are simply beautiful!
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Kewt kats, AC! Love that first photo of Rishi with the Ko`olau in the background... wow.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Oh. My. God. Your. Cats. Are. Beautiful! Wow!

Here is my baby girl, Ninja. I rescued her 7 years ago as a tiny baby, and now she's almost big as a football! She has a sweeet personality, though my sweetheart calls her my 'pet rock', and she comes running to me when I bring her food! She loves to hang out in the sun and swim when it's hot. Just like me!
            Attached Files
            ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Thanks for all the nice words about my cats, everyone! My boyfriend and I love 'em. It's kinda sad that Bengals are now illegal to import. The only breeder on the island left a couple of years ago. So you probably won't see too many Bengals around in the future here.

Love looking at people's pets...they always make me wish I could reach out an pet 'em!

Comment

Beautiful babies, Chaos. We lost our cat a few years ago. He came with the house---wouldn't leave, followed us wherever we went, shmoozed with the dog with whom he developed a love/hate (mostly love, I think) relationship.
                I'm thinking that we'll probably add at least another dog and a cat or two to our household eventually. And perhaps a few birds. Some fish. A rabbit?
                My daughter in Northern California has three dogs, a pile of cats, several goats, a horse, chickens and ducks.
                Sounds like fun!

Comment

here's our puppy, Colt, (again!)

we actually found him asleep in his crate like this!

playing with a boxer puppy at puppy school

at the vet's office (4 months old)

oh, I also set up a youtube account so, if you want to see videos of Colt go to www.youtube.com/kanahina808
                  Last edited by kanahina; February 26, 2008, 09:52 PM.
                  I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Although I'm not much of a cat person either, I must say that all those cats are very pretty!

And, cute turtle, turtlegirl!
                    I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos View Post
                      It's kinda sad that Bengals are now illegal to import.
                      Is that because the state considers them still too close to being a "wild" animal? I understand that reputable breeders guarantee that they are at least four generations removed from the wild.

Comment

Armageddon, the donkey...born on the night Bush invaded Afghanistan.

http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                        http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Adobo dog

http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                            Is that because the state considers them still too close to being a "wild" animal? I understand that reputable breeders guarantee that they are at least four generations removed from the wild.
                            Yup. That's pretty much it. A lot of cat shows don't allow them either.

Cats are pretty energetic, and I've had Humane Society cats/strays before, and the Bengals have twice the energy and get bored more easily. They are also dog-like and enjoy water. Ours are leash-trained, though it will never be like walking a dog. No other cats that I know of also have the "glitter" fur--it shines in certain light (but is very difficult to capture on film). Rishi (brown one) shines gold, and Frankie (white) gets silvery. I love sparkly! :-D

Comment

Simon when he was still small enough to try this trick. Also his best angle.
                              "Can't you see I'm starving here?".
                              He is one of a litter that a feral cat had on our property. We managed to trap/spay/neuter all of them including the mother. We were able to socialize Simon and his litter mate Lola so they are now part of the household. The others continue to live outside and are part of a small feral cat colony we care for. Photos of others to come!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X