How often do you switch shampoos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you switch shampoos?

I'm not sure if it's healthy for your hair, but I switch everytime I empty a bottle. If I stick to one shampoo for too long, my hair gets flat and dull.

Alternating between Fructis, Head & Shoulders, and Dove seems to work best for me.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: How often do you switch shampoos?

I stick to one out here, but I have a special Sea/Sun type that I use about three times a week to give my hair a boost. But back on the mainland, I have two that I switch back and forth with every time I wash my hair.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

from what i understand, shampoo is not the issue so much as product build up or hard water.

clearer shampoos have a more stripping or cleansing effect than cloudy or creamy shampoos, which are more moisturizing. i've never really had a build up problem bcs i rarely blow dry my hair and use little product-mousse for when i want to bring out curl or khiel's silk groom for straighter hair days-and air dry. since my hair is very fine, product build up is something is something i prefer to avoid generally.

if you notice your shampoo doesn't seem to work that well, switch to a clear shampoo marketed towards being clarifying or removing build up for a few days, then try your regular shampoo again. that should work.

for more info re shampoo switching, go to beautybrains.com and search for switching shampoo for a scientific explanation.
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I use Kiehl's shampoos & usually switch when I need to buy a new bottle. I use the hair thickening shampoo and then the everyday shampoo. I have semi-long hair and my first concern is whether my hair is shiny and not frizzy. Both of these shampoos work for me.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Don't switch and it takes a looong time to empty the bottle.
          Since my hair is so short and I use such a small amount.
          PERT is my shampoo brand and yellow Dial is my soap.

I make sure to never run out of soap.
          I tried one of my wife's (brand?) and felt slimy afterwards. Gross.
          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

The directions on a shampoo bottle are so complicated. When do you wash, and when do you rinse?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
              The directions on a shampoo bottle are so complicated. When do you wash, and when do you rinse?
              And when do you exit the "repeat" loop?

Comment

I use Murray's pomade, which is totally gooey, so I have to wash with Dawn dishwashing liquid to get as much out as I can, then switch to whatever's on hand. Lately I've been using Paul Mitchell Tea Tree stuff. Works well, and clears the sinuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                  Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                  So I take it then the two of you switch shampoos brands because the directions are too complicated to understand?

For me the last time I switched brands because the brand I tend to use seems to be no longer sold.

Comment

I don't switch shampoos. Because I've got a dry scalp, my doctor prescibes a coal shampoo for me. The conditioner smells a lot more pleasant than the shampoo.

Comment

hey, dick, eric uses a couple of tea tree shampoos that he likes. his favorite is the nature's gate brand, which also is sulfate-free (eric's scalp seems to prefer sulfate-free stuff). in any case, it's less expensive than thar paul brown you're using, is an effective cleanser, and has that brisk scent, too.
                      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                        Exit? I'm still loopy! Everything around me is soaked, too.

Comment

Hmm. I just looked for directions on the bottle and mine says, "Use Me-Lather, rinse, repeat...are you full yet??"

Scary. I've never actually read the directions before!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

I've been using SunSilk (the PI kind, not the American one) for about 5 years now. I don't intend on ever changing it!
                            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                            We're not here to mess around
                            Boston, you know we love you madly
                            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                            You know we couldn't live without you
                            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

The only time I switch is when the 99 cent store gets a new brand. Some are ok-good, some are horrible. Too poor for the good stuff, like Awapuhi. mmmm, I just love to smell it in the store.

It's not just about switching... it's like a few others said: Clean the old residue off the hair shaft with the clarifying shampoo. Sometimes my 99 cent store gets the Suave clarifying, and I save it for those times.

Comment

Working...
                              X