• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Least Favorite National TV Ads

Originally posted by SouthKona
    Anyone else had fun with complaints?
    maybe fodder for anodder thread but:

Taco bell drive thru one day. waited long time in line only to hear apathetic voice on that old scratchy intercom thing. then when i pulled up they all but tossed me my order, which wasn't even the correct order. This was years ago, so don't remember the other things i bitched about when i called their 800 number, but they sent, by way of apology and compensation, a 15% coupon for my next visit.
    whoptee f#&!n dooo!

in contrast to the time I was a got spoiled carton of milk at da Waimanalo jack in da crak. Called the number, they were very conciliatory. Sent me coupons for two full free lunches or dinners...

Comment

Re: Horrible commercial

Originally posted by LikaNui
      Does anybody else detest that awful commercial for RoadRunner with teenybopper Vanessa Carlton singing "Time Is On My Side"? It's like some kind of water torture. Every time it comes on and I hear the first two notes of the song I lunge to hit the Mute button.
      The first time I saw it I thought Vanessa's song was awful and thought it was perhaps a joke, like she was some instant reject from American Idol. Her voice is nasal and flat, and her piano playing is like something you'd hear at an elementary school recital.
      Sorry to vent, but the commercial is just horrible.
      I agree. I haven't heard that comm. in a while, but whenever it came on I would quickly change the channel.
      backwoodlessons2

Comment

I have been meaning to post this one for quite some time but the TD Waterhouse commericals with Sam Watterson sort of turns me off with him speaking and the camera is moving around at different angles and at times it shows that he is not facing the camera.

Static subject, dynamic camera angles somehow doesn't work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
          Static subject, dynamic camera angles somehow doesn't work for me.
          get ready for more hair pullin' helen. It is spreading like wildfire and ad agencies and their dumb clients think this look is just as hot. To our detriment and chagrin. Dayum their eyes!

Comment

BOOOooooOOO!

..on direct tv with their commercial of two smarmy yuppie execs one upping each other with their crap. shows them at the urinals in the men's room. THAT is why there are doors on bathrooms, ya clucks; cuz that should remain private.
            Sheesh. ya eatin dinner, and haveta see that.

and that sean combs take on how proactive affects him;

"it smooths out muh situation. It elevates muh sexy..."

UUUGGGGHH!

Comment

Oh, yea. that burger chain commercial where the son and dad are dressed in big burger costumes and they exchange snide rude disrespectful ass insults back and forth. yea thanx burger chain. way to go, teaching our kids how to show even more rudeness to parents and the world, as if they need more help.

Comment

Speaking of fast food ads, anyone else NOT like that Jessica Simpson Dominos ad? Maybe its just me but i think its mad wrong how they put that little boy in there w/ her. boo!

Comment

Originally posted by Pongs
                  Jessica Simpson Dominos ad? Maybe its just me but i think its mad wrong how they put that little boy in there w/ her. boo!
                  exactimo, compadre.

Comment

i think its jessica simpson with pizza hut.

Comment

• Re: Least Favorite National TV Ads

Originally posted by Pongs
                      Speaking of fast food ads, anyone else NOT like that Jessica Simpson Dominos ad? Maybe its just me but i think its mad wrong how they put that little boy in there w/ her. boo!
                      I have a problem with it, too, even tho' they're aiming that spot at a certain demographic. Based on the boy's reaction to Jessica, he should look at least 18. She's a little over-the-top sexy to be flaunting a minor's reaction like that within the context of a commercial. Sure, there are boys his age lusting after her. But, well, never mind! 'Nuff said!

Comment

Is this the commerical where the music is set to "These boots are made for walking"?

Comment

carnival or carribean cruise lines...

my luvvah stains own gowl dun say unz...

hate that singer and his song.

awe ful.

oh, yea. and that lousy terrible awful national trend among advertisers that dictate the v/o MUST employ that new modern absolutely smarmy but mostly very condescending tone of voice.

"know the shows yer supposeta know."

Comment

suuup wi dat Burger king commercial where that bizzarre overgrown plastic king wakes up in bed with a mexican construction worker and the dude gives the king raised eyebrows, the king serves him breakfast in bed, and a circus village people crowd goes crazy.
                            Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                              Ugh.
                              Double UGH. It's just awful. And weird. And... kinky. (Remember, there's a crowd of people standing next to the bed.)
                              That ad kinda makes me want to, you know, not go to Burger King.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                                Double UGH. It's just awful. And weird. And... kinky. (Remember, there's a crowd of people standing next to the bed.)
                                That ad kinda makes me want to, you know, not go to Burger King.
                                ... not that there's anything wrong with that.

My kids' favorite BK spot with the King was the first one we saw where he runs onto the field from out of nowhere, intercepts a pass and runs all the way for a TD ... "It's just so random," they say, laughing.
                                I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Working...
                                X