Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 3

Drivers who park during the rush hour commute in the spaces that are clearly marked as a tow-away zone from 3 to 6 pm. Don't park in front of that Mobi cellular store and Bank of Hawaii on King Street near Kaheka during afternoon rush hour. It's a tow-away zone. Let traffic flow!!!!!
    Last edited by mel; December 29, 2008, 06:42 PM.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Calling state government offices. I have been dialing the same number for 2 hours this morning, and every time I think I get thru, this message comes on telling me about the high volume of callers, then hanging up on me.

Thank goodness I have my laptop and the interweb to entertain me. While I was typing this I redialed probably 9 times!
      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
        My biggest pet peeve are the drivers who KNOW the left or right lane is ending, yet purposely get out from the good lane and into the ending lane so they can cut off everyone else and be first. This is what causes about 90% of the delays on Ft. Weaver Rd. You KNOW the lanes are ending. Just stay where you are, let the people from the freeway merge in, DON'T CUT IN LINE, and the traffic will go so much faster.

It's like, who are you to think you're better than everyone else in line? Why do you get to cut? And the thing that really makes me mad is PEOPLE LET THEM IN EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!! I don't. Then they get mad at me and give me the finger and all sorts of things, but screw 'em. Let them sit there! They did it to themselves! They're not any more special that we are, and they're the ones causing the traffic back-ups! I had to wait in a 30 minute lane and they can wait just like everyone else.

This pisses me off to no end!
        You know what I say about those kind of people? to them, its more like hurry up & stop .

How about those drivers TRYING to get in, through people driving by on the road, & it takes forever to finally get in, because NO ONE wants to let you in.

That also pisses me off to no end!!

NO ONE is curtiouse enough to help you to let you in, especially, when you have an appointment to go to, &/or at least to a restroom & you really NEED to go so bad, that it is practicaly feels like it is starting to come out!!.

OR, when you feel like that, especially when you are stuck in a traffic with everyone else, too. YIKES!!.

Man!, what can a person do in a situation like that? don't think about it??
        I wonder. Hmmm.
        Aches & Pains
        (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
          [...]NO ONE is curtiouse enough to help you to let you in, especially, when you have an appointment to go to, &/or at least to a restroom & you really NEED to go so bad, that it is practicaly feels like it is starting to come out!!.[...]
          TMI...
          Oh well, try this!

I have a New Years Eve challenge for you, Serenity! How about contributing a post to this thread by 11:59p tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
            Please call me now.

Auntie Lynn
            Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
            what'd I do now - LOL
            luckily for you, auntie lynn is a wonderful, and graciously wise woman at whose feet you should be honored to have been invited to sit. if i were her, i would have little patience for anyone with a tendency of giving him/herself more credit than s/he deserves at the expense of others for mere amusement. i may be catholic, but i'm not jesus--an apology does not automatically wipe a slate clean just so that the person holding the chalk can dirty it up as they please.

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post

therefore i sincerely apologize to cynsaligia if i have placed my choice of words without consideration

therefore i sincerely apologize
            i'm not the one at whom you rabidly snarled, so the apology to me, however sincere it may be, is supererogatory, as is my acceptance of it.
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              TMI...
              Oh well, try this!
              lol. Sorry, I figured, I wasn't lying about it, & it sure was the honest truth . lol. Sorry for the "TMI". lol.

I've seen people also speeding, so I also figured for others that they too NEED to use the restroom, that being the reasons for their speeding on the road aswell. lol. :-D

I have a New Years Eve challenge for you, Serenity! How about contributing a post to this thread by 11:59p tonight!
              lol. sure I'll check it out.

Happy New Year. :-)
              Aches & Pains
              (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Slate???

Chalk??????

WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                  i may be catholic, but i'm not jesus
                  Oooh! I like that. You oughta put that on a bumper sticker.

Oh, right ... a peeve. Our facility closed at 5 today - usually, we are open until 9 on Wednesdays, but we closed early on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. We've had signs up about it, in order to notify our volunteers, for over three weeks - so whaddya think happens? That's right - a volunteer shows up at 4:30 to record her (one-hour) program to air on Friday; she claimed she never knew about the early closures. And since I had already agreed to be the one to lock up (which we had planned to have happen at 5:30), I had to stay until she was done - at 6:15.

I'll take the time off Monday morning - but I think I'm still entitled to be peeved, no?
                  Last edited by Leo Lakio; December 31, 2008, 06:30 PM.

Comment

I was saddened today to have to let an employee go. A really nice person, but an ineffective worker. It was a tough decision, but I'd given him way more chances to improve than I should have. I usually use the three-strikes rule -- verbal warning, written warning, then pau -- but this person was so nice I give him 10 or 12 strikes before the axe finally had to fall.
                    Bummer.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

The iTunes Music Store...
                      Rather, a decision made by an employee(s?)...

Long story...
                      Over a year ago I downloaded a video; an episode of Inside the Actor's Studio. It wouldn't transfer to my iPod no matter what I did. Finally took it to the Apple Stores genius bar where it was determined the "resolution is wrong for your iPod". Turns out the ep is HD resolution but not marketed as HD and there's no way to get the appropriate resolution. So, earlier this month ITMS employee #1 credited my account for 1 video and threw in a 2nd video for my trouble! IOW, Apple added those video credits internally. Cool...or so I thought.

Last week-end I tried to purchase music using my $140.+ store credit. Couldn't do it. Kept getting a message:
                      Warning Your remaining credits are insufficient or inapplicable to this purchase. Your account will be debited for some or all of this purchase.
                      My "account" meaning my credit card! I emailed an inquiry and received this answer from ITMS employee #2:
                      The store credit of $141.59 is from iTunes gift cards being redeemed on your account. The information I sent you was advising the reason for the error message is because you have video credits on your account. So to make it really easy to understand, once you redeem the video credits on your account, you will be able to purchase albums or other things which will be credited from your store credit.
                      Huh? The ITMS holds my music credit hostage 'til I use my video credit? I was saving my video credits 'til I found something I wanted! The only one I wanted was the one that wouldn't sync up with my iPod!

I scoured the Terms of Service and the Terms of Sale and couldn't find anything applicable so I sent off another inquiry to Apple, only to receive the following:
                      Unfortunately, the issue that you are experiencing on your account is not something that is laid out in the terms of service. The issue that you are experiencing is actually an error on your account and does not normally happen on every account that has video or song credits with store credit available. Once again I understand your frustration with this issue and if there was more that I could help you with, I would be more than willing too.
                      I requested to be directed to someone with authority to correct the error and received the following reply:
                      Unfortunately, I have already spoken with someone in regards to the error on your account, and was advised the video credit would have to be used first in order to continue to purchase items using the store credit. I will provide below the technical support department that may be able to assist you.
                      Still no offer to remedy the error. I was referred to the fee-based tech support dept...even tho' I've already paid for ProCare!

I've been an Apple fan for almost 20 years and have always been more than satisfied with their customer service, but this experience caught me off guard! Apple admits to the error then states an unwillingness to easily rectify this situation. All this over the equivalent of $3.98. I wonder why they didn't just offer to convert the video credits to music credits.

Stay tuned!

There...I feel better now! And if you've read this far you have way too much time on your hands!

Comment

Jeez...another peeve in the same week! The remote for my car's security system decided it would work only some of the time which caused me to set off my alarm more times in one week than I had in 3 years! The cost for this little 1.25" x 2.5" gadget? $125.00. The company threw in the AAA battery and a half hour of diagnostic time!

Comment

Honestly. when you walk into Safeway and there is not ONE package of ground beef. Only in Hawaii have I experienced runs on certain items at times. The dairy section too was bare shelved at 8:00 pm !
                          n'importe

Comment

Originally posted by Kaukura View Post
                            Honestly. when you walk into Safeway and there is not ONE package of ground beef. Only in Hawaii have I experienced runs on certain items at times.[...]
                            Was that the $1.99 sale? Shoots, I was going to pick some up tomorrow. Hopefully they'll restock later this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                              Was that the $1.99 sale? Shoots, I was going to pick some up tomorrow. Hopefully they'll restock later this evening.
                              Several things on sale. You know, I think Superbowl sunday had something to do with things being gone. Safeway was a bit more packed than usual for a Sat. night...
                              n'importe

Comment

Originally posted by Kaukura View Post
                                Several things on sale. You know, I think Superbowl sunday had something to do with things being gone. Safeway was a bit more packed than usual for a Sat. night...
                                I check Safeway's circular in MidWeek every week. I bet you're right and their sale items, of which there are many every week, are geared to SB Sunday this week. I didn't pay any attention to that. I just bought my contribution to a SB party at Subway and their foot-long deals are still $5.99. Thought I'd read somewhere on HT that the Subways in Hawaii had finally priced the deals the same as on the mainland...$5.00 foot-longs! Oh well...not nearly as traumatic as a $125. car security remote or having my songs account credit at the iTunes Music Store held hostage!

Comment

Working...
                                X