Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hawaiian language lessons i ke kelepona!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaiian language lessons i ke kelepona!

Aloha kakou! Every now and then I teach 'olelo Hawai'i lessons on the phone. I thought I'd spread the word to you just in case you'd be interested in coming on one of them. If you have any questions for me or you'd like to express your interest in learning, please feel free to email me or PM me. I'd love to hear from you! If anyone is interested, please also include some dates that you'd be available and then I'll see if I can confirm one. Hope you can tune in!

A hui hou and mahalo for the support!
    'Alika

Re: Hawaiian language lessons i ke kelepona!

How do you teach via a telephone? And what would you teach?

pax

Comment

Why not teach through a online chat room? It would be alot easier and you can take on multiple students. You could buy a cheap web cam and send video lessons?

Are you charging?
      Last edited by PoiBoy; February 5, 2007, 10:32 AM.

Comment

I think the telephone is a great idea. You can HEAR the words pronounced correctly. You do not have to drive to a class....
        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
        Sharing withother survivors...
        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

There are ways to HEAR over the internet....or so I heard.
          As soon as you learn the syllables it's pretty easy to read.

Comment

I also assist akrauth with the Hawaiian language lessons i ke kelephona. So you can either email me or akrauth for more info.
            Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Here's an idea... Why not answer some of the reasonable questions here, posted in response to the public invitation? I only made it to 300-level classes at UH, and am curious about different ways to refresh...

Is there a charge?

Do you do this one-on-one? Conference call style? (How does achow 'assist'?) Apart from a voice link, what other materials are provided or used for these classes?

I remember several posts about Hawaiian language in the past, and while they were detailed, they seemed very academic. Are you teaching grammar, syntax, and vocabulary, primarily, or conversational Hawaiian in general? Are you looking for 101, 301, or graduate level students?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                Here's an idea... Why not answer some of the reasonable questions here, posted in response to the public invitation? I only made it to 300-level classes at UH, and am curious about different ways to refresh...

Is there a charge?

Do you do this one-on-one? Conference call style? (How does achow 'assist'?) Apart from a voice link, what other materials are provided or used for these classes?

I remember several posts about Hawaiian language in the past, and while they were detailed, they seemed very academic. Are you teaching grammar, syntax, and vocabulary, primarily, or conversational Hawaiian in general? Are you looking for 101, 301, or graduate level students?
                I only went up to the 202 level of 'Olelo Hawai'i...
                Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

I have a mana'o:

download skype onto your computer and set up a time during the week to have a "hui wala'au". Up to four people can conference in and its free. If you have a webcam, then its enriched with visual/audio, otherwise, its voice or a simple text-chat.

Pehea keia?

pax

Comment

Is there a charge?

hey Czar-kwan, did you do those 300-levels at UHH or UHM?

pax

Comment

Is there a charge?

I'd be happy to answer these questions. First off, the calls are toll-free. I do them via a conference call service where anyone can come on. That's how achow assists. I am teaching both grammar/vocabulary and conversational phrases. I also teach everyone to sing a couple mele. There is material that the haumana can use as a reference. You can download it by going to http://www.massblindstudents.org.
                      'Alika

Comment

I just wanted to say a big mahalo nui loa to all those people who have responded to this thread. You have made my day even brighter. Your input means a lot to me. Hope to see some of you on maybe!
                        'Alika

Comment

Date confirmed for a call!

Aloha kakou! Just wanted to invite you to our next Hawaiian lesson.
                          Date: 2/25/07
                          Time: 1:30 PM HST, 6:30 PM EST
                          Place: i ke kelepona!
                          If you have any questions or you'd like any extra info, please email or PM me. My email is on my profile page. Hope to see you on! A hui hou!
                          'Alika

Comment

Re: Date confirmed for a call!

oh my..that would be wonderful!! i know a little..but i have this southern drawl too..yay! i want to learn for my new grandbaby..take care..

Comment

Re: Date confirmed for a call!

Originally posted by makepagirl View Post
                              oh my..that would be wonderful!! i know a little..but i have this southern drawl too..yay! i want to learn for my new grandbaby..take care..
                              Aloha nui! Glad to hear you're interested in learning! Is that date OK for you?
                              'Alika

Comment

Working...
                              X