Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setters vs. Pointers : Up, Down or Closed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Setters vs. Pointers : Up, Down or Closed?

My bf has been trying to form me into a #3 (lid down) ever since I can remember. Im a seat down lid up girl. Altho I do put the lid down when I need to access anything near the toilet, like my glasses, makeup, nail polish, etc., because it sucks to have to fish your contact lens case from the bottom of the bowl.

I love my bf, and it makes total sense for everyone in the household to adopt the *lid down* theory, but I will never change my bathroom ways to suit him, no matter how sensible of an idea it is!!

I did have an awfully embarassing situation once where I didnt realize that the lid was down, until.....ahem, ....well...uh, yeah. Maybe thats why I cant adopt the lid down policy.

If Im the only girl sharing a bathroom with boys, I put the seat up for them, mostly to avoid wiping their pee off my seat.

Heres something that was passed down to me from a friends mom 15 years ago - *A woman should never have to clean the bathroom, because a woman NEVER misses!*
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Let the stories begin!

I know a guy who was really pi$$ed at his wife. To retaliate, he lifted the lid and the seat, put Saran Wrap over the bowl and pulled it taut so that the clear wrap made a level surface at the top of the bowl. He then put the seat and the lid back down. He got great joy from her negative reaction when she got home from her night job and used the toilet. How immature! And, no, the marriage didn't last.

A friend of mine was using a stall at an airport restroom. As he pointed out...guys sit down for one reason! Since he was going to be there a few minutes or more he decided to use his cell phone (can't remember if it was for calls or games). You guessed it. The cell phone ended up at the bottom of the bowl, a somewhat "full" bowl. I wanted to ask him exactly how he was sitting that a cell phone could end up in the bowl but I was afraid he'd demonstrate! Still, listening to him recount the story was hysterical!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        Let the stories begin!

I know a guy who was really pi$$ed at his wife. To retaliate, he lifted the lid and the seat, put Saran Wrap over the bowl and pulled it taut so that the clear wrap made a level surface at the top of the bowl. He then put the seat and the lid back down. He got great joy from her negative reaction when she got home from her night job and used the toilet. How immature!
        OH MY GOD!! I actually did this back when I was in like 7th grade or so! I was intending to *gotcha!* my sister. Unfortunately, my MOM got it!! I will never forget her surprised, pi$$ed off look, and the only thing she said was *go clean it up, now!* Suddenly it wasnt so funny. She was seriously pi$$ed.
        Poor woman has the patience of a saint!
        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

To retaliate, he lifted the lid and the seat, put Saran Wrap over the bowl and pulled it taut so that the clear wrap made a level surface at the top of the bowl. He then put the seat and the lid back down. He got great joy from her negative reaction when she got home from her night job and used the toilet.
          Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
          OH MY GOD!! I actually did this back when I was in like 7th grade or so!
          7th grade? Gee, you were advanced for your age! We did that same trick in college.
          And two other tricks, too.
          First, we'd completely 'paint' the toilet seat with liquid shoe polish (white or black, depending on the color of the seat). The next person who sat on it had a wonderful horseshoe-shaped imprint on their nether region.
          Second trick was pretty clever. Inside the toilet tank is a small hose that feeds the fresh water into the tank, yeah? We'd set that little hose through a small gap between the tank and the lid, pointing outward. The next person who flushed got hosed.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
            You CAN pee in a bidet, plus you can wash your bits after.
            OMG! I always knew the French were the only rational Europeans!

Every WC (or bathroom, or s**tter, or whatever) needs at a minimum:
            1: A toilet for sitting and S**tting, and whatever else might happen ,
            2: A Vietnam War-style pee tube - the 'can't miss' variety and height,
            3: A bidet, Unisex, for cleaning up what needs to be cleaned.

So civilized.

K
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
              They do...it's called an elongated bowl...but then again I'm Japanese so it doesn't matter!
              And here I am, the resident anthropologist, and I didn't catch this till I saw Cyn's comment.

1. Guys: Regional origin (aka 'race,' nationality, etc.,) has nothing to do with sizes of body parts. Although there may be tendencies, there are NO absolutes, and even the tendencies are largely exaggerated. Whenever you hear that "X" has "bigsmallwideshortlongetc." it's basically urban legend rhetoric, and don't mean nuthin'.

2. Size, whether length, width or whatever don't mean much; ask the ladies who know. Experience, sensitivity, and technique learned from inter-sex communication means SO much more.

Thanks, Cynsaligia, for the wake-up there.

K
              ~ ~

Comment

All males could be ordered outside to pee. Gardens love it.

Kids love this. One of mine went on a school trip to Italy and got nabbed peeing out of the window of their hotel.

I still say installing a urinal is a good solution.
                http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                  when sitting so not to be allowed to touch the inner bowl/water. I hate that!!
                  I know what you mean Ron, it's a biotch sometimes when you have some Italian in your ancestry!

I had to live with a uaifi and 2 wahines for many years. I intentionally left the seat down, not only to avoid aurguments, but I could always tell if there had been a male in the house when I returned home after work and if I found that the seat was up.

Just out of curiosity, how many have a closed front toilet seat as opposed to an open front seat? Open front seats are all the rage in Mexico.
                  Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                    They do...it's called an elongated bowl...
                    Again, like we Italians, all the current elongated bowls need to be more elongated!

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

The cell phone ended up at the bottom of the bowl,
                      Yep, uaifi had her cel phone in her jeans pocket and when she was taking down her jeans to use the facilities, (she waited too long and she was in a hurry) the phone fell into the bowl. She called me into the bathrrom to see the phone in the bottom of the bowl and asked me to get it out. I asked why the water was "colored." She said, "well I was desperate after the phone fell in the bowl!" !Oeiaue! Anyway, to make a long story short, I took the phone apart, dried it out, disinfected it, and it worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
                        Although in my own home I usually put the lid down after because I'm paranoid of dropping something in there.

I'm the same way, not only because of that but because I like to place my make up on top of the lid sometimes when it's time to apply it. After I shower, sometimes I'll put my clean clothes on top of the lid so I don't have to worry about people seeing me when I have visitors staying in my apt. I also tend to have to stand on my toilet bowl lid to reach things I store above the toilet bowl.

From a feng shui point, you're supposed to leave the bathroom door closed and toilet bowl lid down to prevent the escape of chi.

Most importantly for me, I like to make sure the bowl lid is closed before I flush, because of things like this, as explained in this ABC science article, "Flushing Out the Truth."

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos View Post
                          From a feng shui point, you're supposed to leave the bathroom door closed and toilet bowl lid down to prevent the escape of chi.

Most importantly for me, I like to make sure the bowl lid is closed before I flush, because of things like this, as explained in this ABC science article, "Flushing Out the Truth."
                          I heard the same thing from a nurse yesterday, that flushing with the lid down prevents spraying bacteria around your bathroom.

I guess the best solution is to keep the lid down at all times other than 'when in use.' I lower the lid when flushing as a habit cause I wake up and need to pee when my cat reminds me to (2-3 times a night), and I don't want to wake the rest of the household.

Lid down = quieter, healthier, safer!
                          ~ ~

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos View Post
                            ...you're supposed to leave the bathroom door closed and toilet bowl lid down to prevent the escape of chi.
                            Chi smell bad...

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                              I heard the same thing from a nurse yesterday, that flushing with the lid down prevents spraying bacteria around your bathroom.

I guess the best solution is to keep the lid down at all times other than 'when in use.' I lower the lid when flushing as a habit cause I wake up and need to pee when my cat reminds me to (2-3 times a night), and I don't want to wake the rest of the household.

Lid down = quieter, healthier, safer!

Absolutey correct (I am a pee 2-3times a night man myself) yet agree that to lower the lid before you flush is your safest bet to avoid germs.
                              Must admit that I left the lid up for 2 weeks. I was put on new pills for epilepsy and reacted against them. They caused me to throw up and so I had to dash to the toilet quite often. This seems to have passed and the 'bog' seat is back in the down position.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                                All males could be ordered outside to pee. Gardens love it.

Kids love this. One of mine went on a school trip to Italy and got nabbed peeing out of the window of their hotel.
                                My husband tends to pee in the backyard when he takes out our dogs. I think he gets a little-kid kick out of it, but he claims it's because he doesn't have to go until he gets outside. But after polling our friends, a lot of guys do it. Never knew that!

He tends to use the guest bathroom most of the time b/c it's closer to his office and the living room, so he leaves the seat in whatever position he last needed it to be in. I use our master bathroom the most, so it's usually in the lid-up, seat-down position. But if we have company, I always put the guest toliet lid down.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Working...
                                X