Psych

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psych

While I saw the initial pilot episode of Psych on the USA Network which airs on Friday at 10:00 pm, I haven't been watching the series closey since on Friday nights I watch 4 other series. It's not a matter of conflicting with those 4 series but rather endurance on my part since the line up goes like this:

7pm - Stargate Atlantis
    8pm - Stargate SG-1
    9pm - Monk
    10pm - Psych
    11pm - House

By the time Psych airs I am usually using the bathroom. I do tape it for just in case but there are times when I don't have the time to watch it.

For the time I have watched an entire episode I thought it was kind of good to watch. Gus as the reluctant partner with various abilities does help solve the case.

Re: Psych

Originally posted by helen
    By the time Psych airs I am usually using the bathroom.
    Helen, that's a little too much context for this TV discussion, I think.

Anyway. "Psych." My wife and I like it. It gets compared to "Monk" all the time, but it's different enough to appreciate on its own merits, and is, overall, light and enjoyable comedy. Definitely a show that throws logic and common sense out the window ("Why doesn't he just..."), but how different is that, really, from most TV these days?

We both love Dule Hill, who plays Shawn's "straight man" sidekick, and my wife thinks Corbin Bernsen is doing a great job as Shawn's dad. The cop characters could use some fleshing out though.

Shameless plug: We review "Psych" (along with two other shows) in our latest podcast.

Comment

New episode airs tonight on the USA Network at 10 pm (HST).

Comment

About time. I'm not a fan of the "winter hiatus" thing most of my favorite shows did this season. Why'd they all have to disappear at the same time?

Between the first episode of "Psych" and subsequent episodes they swapped out a couple of key characters, but fortunately the overall chemistry has still been enjoyable to watch. "Psych" is not quality television. It's silly fun. And there are certainly times that I appreciate that.

Comment

The last couple of episodes I have been noticing that the Shawn's father (played by Corbin Bernsen) tends to call Shawn in the middle of the day with some kind of reason for him to drop what he is doing and come over and do something at his place.

Comment

I love this show. The episode a couple of weeks back, "American Duo" (guest starring Tim Curry) was probably the funniest hour of television I've seen in a long time. Perfect summer viewing!

Comment

I really love this show too. I usually TIVO both it and Monk to watch on Saturday. I always thought I liked Monk better, as I have been watching it longer, but lately, I realize I always watch Psych first as I really enjoy it.

I think the two main characters play off each other really well, & that is why the show is so good.

Comment

I think the one I liked was the one with the dead dinosaur hunter.

Comment

There will be a Christmas epsiode of Psych airing on December 7. The promo on USA Network says that we get to see Gus's parents.

Comment

Tonight's episode made a reference to the CBS series Mentalist.

Comment

A new season started tonight. Shawn and Gus head to Canada for a vacation but they encounter an art thief.

Comment

Working...
                      X