Those Shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Those Shoes

I get the rainbow color kamaboko kine slippahs.

Nah. I wish I still had.

Comment

1 pair brownish black dress shoes (i'm color deficient, can't really tell)
      3 pairs vans/sketchers street kicks
      1 pair kick ass black lace-up low cut suede boots i've been gigging with for about 10 years...love my gig boots!
      3 pairs rubbah slippas, origins unknown
      2 pairs tericloth bath slippers, gifts from old four seasons honcho roommate...ideal for lounging around the house on a saturday afternoon with a cold beer in one hand and the remote in the other.
      Don't be mean,
      try to help.

Comment

Mike_Lowery's Shoe Rack

Just copped these this weekend. I'ma crack down on thread bootleggers

The Nike Mavrk 6.0 (Net/Earth)
        http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90...t/HPIM0469.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90...t/HPIM0472.jpg

Nike Dunk Low 6.0 (White/Varsity Red/Black)
        http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90...t/HPIM0472.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90...t/HPIM0473.jpg
        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

1 pr Cowboy Boots
          1 pr Nike Running Shoes
          1 pr Old Nike Running Shoes with rubber soles coming off
          1 pr Nike Basketball Shoes (Lebron's....and they suck)
          2 pr pair slippah
          1 pr deck loafers
          2 pr Hiking Boots
          1 pr old Costco Tennies for weedwhacking
          1 pr Rubber Boots
          1 pr burgundy oxfords
          1 pr tabi's

Wow, that's 13 pair of shoes....and I think there is more. Never knew?
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I've got a pair each of dressy slippers (pink), slip-on leather loafers, running shoes, winter boots, black dressy leather slip-ons, and two pairs of Doc Martens. I don't have alot of shoes either....and I hate shopping! Oh yeah, I have 3 pairs of golf shoes!

I'm headed to Oahu this Christmas to visit with ohana so I may pick up a pair of dressy slippers for next summer so that I can ditch the pink ones.....
            Lovena

Comment

I'm Not A Shoe Person..
              2 Prs Old Navy Cord. Slippas (1 Tan 1 Brown)
              1 Pr Tie Dye Slippas
              2 Pr Drk Brown Suede Clogs (1 Fuzzy Lined Cause Was Freezin In Orgeon In Dec!!)
              1 Pr Nb Tennis Shoes
              1 Pr Kick Okole Steel Toe'd Workboots From My Landscaping & Painting Days
              Books Are My Passion!! Have A Great Day.much Peace.kimmi

Comment

another shoe minimalist here.
                1 pair of Dockers dress shoes
                1 pair of Vans skate shoes
                1 pair of old Vans for doing yard work and stuff
                1 pair of cross trainers
                808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
                kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
                http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                  That's a great song by the Eagles, but enough about music.

What's we're talkin' about here are folks who have an insatiable appetite for new shoes. Especially women. Common' ladies, you know who you are. Your excuse is "because I need something to match this new dress". "Honey, why don't you get rid of these? You're not using them anymore?". "But I will someday." Come on!

Not only women though. There's some guys who are all into basketball shoes. They'll be at Nike store or Footlocker every month buying the latest model. And it's gotta' be NAME BRAND. No Payless stuff here.

Me? Total minimalist. 2 pairs of black leather dress shoes (1 mainly for back-up), 1 pair of running shoes (which I need to make more use of!) and 2 pairs of Crocs (I love these things!). No slippers. Never wore them my entire life. Strictly shoes.

Don't get me started on my "Imelda" girlfriend.
                  The only shoes i would give my eyeteeth for are ones that i owned in Hawaii back in 1980. They were called Klunka's or Clonkas maybe. Probably not made there but popular there. A solid base of wood similar to the Dr. Scholls excercise sandals with gorgeous tropical type designs painted in the sides.
                  Outside of that, as a woman even, i dont *get* the shoe thing women have.
                  If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Originally posted by memorylane View Post
                    Outside of that, as a woman even, i dont *get* the shoe thing women have.
                    I think it's a matter of size. Through our lifetimes, our body size may change, but shoe size is less apt to change. It's nice to know that if ya try on a pair of shoes in your size at a store, there's a higher likelihood that it will fit, as opposed to trying on clothing in your size, only to find it doesn't fit your body type. That same pair of shoes, if it's designer or a classic that you only wear for special occasions, will probably still fit years later when ya dust off the box and put the shoes on--and you can probably still incorporate them into your modern wardrobe--whereas clothing is more likely to go out of style and be ugly, not retro fashionable. Of course there are always exceptions...

And for a lot of women, there's just something about a pair of heels, assuming you know how to walk in them, that not only makes ya taller, but just makes you feel more attractive too--which tends to put ya in a better mood. It's therapy. There's a feeling of victory at finding a pair of shoes that seems like it's made for you, looks really great, AND is comfortable--a RARE combination, especially for heels. And it doesn't have to be heels necessarily--there's something lovely about going out for an evening, removing those uncomfortable heels, and putting on a pair of old comfy shoes--ah relief!

Comment

Working...
                    X