X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping in Oahu

Aloha

I am arriving to Oahu next month and
    I am just wondering-where do local people shop for clothes/shoes etc...
    I know about Ala Moana, but I am just wondering-do you guys have like a factory outlets etc. for bargain buys? And how to get there from Waikiki without a car (by bus)?

Re: Shopping in Oahu

My, you're full of questions on your first day. You might want to try Google to narrow down your query a bit. Here's a neat map-enhanced local search for "shopping." As you might expect, there's a lot of places you could go. And TheBus would probably get you there.

For starters:

Comment

For deals and cheap stuff
      • WalMart
      • Ross' Dress for Less
      • Savers' - biggest thrift stores
      • Price Busters
      • Long's Drug
      • Walgreens' - only 1 store so far, more to come soon
      • Jellys' Books & Records - used books, music & games

Hawaii has the highest cost of living and one of the worst tax systems in the nation. (PDF link)
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Thank you for all links!

I know it's a bit annoying to answer same questions all the time-I feel the same when people asking questions in australian phorum!

I am an advanced google user,however it's so nice when someone just give you a link and you just click on it-and its done! And there is SO MUCH useless information in google!!! Heaps!

So-please be patient...it's less then a month till my arrival!

Comment

G'day! I NEVER shop at Ala Moana - it's way overpriced!

I have plenty of family and friends that come from all over the world and I usually take them to the Swap Meet (don't get souvenirs anywhere else!) and Waikele Premium Outlets. The Swap Meet is just a big market so you can barter and get good deals. The 19 or 20 bus goes right by the Swap Meet at Aloha Stadium. When you get here, you can call the bus company at: 848-5555 - tell them where you are and where you want to go and they'll tell you which bus to get on and what time it comes.

http://www.alohastadiumswapmeet.net/
          http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=29
          Last edited by kiwidiva; April 23, 2008, 02:39 PM.
          Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
          My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Gday kiwidiva! You must be used to be our neighbour-from New Zealand?

Thanks for your advice about 'Swap Meet'-will definately go there!

Comment

True blue, dinky di... KIWI! I just got back from the Aussie consulate for an ANZAC day reception. No meat pies this year (boo!) but they had PAVLOVA... YAY!

Lived in Sydney, Brisbane, Newcastle and Canberra - my folks still live in Brizzy - where are you coming from?
              Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
              My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Originally posted by kiwidiva View Post
                True blue, dinky di... KIWI! I just got back from the Aussie consulate for an ANZAC day reception. No meat pies this year (boo!) but they had PAVLOVA... YAY!

Lived in Sydney, Brisbane, Newcastle and Canberra - my folks still live in Brizzy - where are you coming from?
                How cool is that!

I am living in Sydney at present (have been for 10 years now), however I am from Russia (Moscow) originally. Been to Gold Coast in January-love the place
                Let me know if you need something from AU...

Comment

Bumped.

Here's a good one for tourists looking for a bargain:

New Ross Store in Waikiki by macprohawaii, on Flickr

Looks like we're just days away from the opening of the new Ross Dress For Less in Waikiki on Seaside Ave.

Of course us old folks will have memories of this place as the Waikiki #1 and #2 theaters. Certainly does not look like a theater anymore.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I walked past there a couple of weeks ago and wanted to cry.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                      I walked past there a couple of weeks ago and wanted to cry.
                      No kidding. That place is going to be huge!

Comment

It will be interesting to watch how they manage to successfully market their new store to tourists (my thoughts are that local folks aren't going to hassle Waikiki traffic and parking to shop at a store that has other Oahu locations).
                        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

12 Rude Things You Probably Shouldn’t Be Doing at the Grocery Store (msn.com)

Those are annoying behavior by people who only think about themselves.

Comment

Working...
                          X