Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 in a restaurant booth: sit across or next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 in a restaurant booth: sit across or next?

When we were dating, my husband and I would sit next to each other so we could hold hands while we ate. Cute, yea? Now we sit across from each other.

Comment

It depends on my moods.heheheh

Honest.

Sometimes I feel like a NUT...sometimes I don't.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Most of the times, we sit across cause I say so!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
        Depending which bar you worked (and how much they drank), sometimes Public Displays of Affection can take "seating" to a whole new level. Not sitting next to each other, but her "sitting" on top of him.
        Holy Judas on a Vespa! I didn't work at THAT kind of establishment, I promise!
        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
        We're not here to mess around
        Boston, you know we love you madly
        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
        You know we couldn't live without you
        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

It's been a skosh over 24 hours, and the count is 21-2 with the opposite siders ahead. I knew it would be more popular, but I'm a little surprised by the wide margin. It seems a lot of times, when I eat out on a Friday or Saturday night, there are a LOT of same-sider couples.

Comment

I'll have to widen the margin. Definitely across. One of the first boys I dated as a young teenager was a smothering type who insisted on next to. We didn't last long.

Comment

Gotta have comfortable eye contact when together, eating and visiting. I don't doubt when we weren't dating long that it was on the same side as close as possible.
              Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                I agree that restaurants are inappropriate places to use a Personal Digital Assistant. (That was the "PDA" you meant, wasn't it? )
                First dates tend to be "across"... relationships that are in the early stages of passionate intimacy tend to be "next" (and if I have to explain why, that person has no sense of, um adventure. What happens under the table stays under the table.)... and after early stages of passion, it's back to "across".
                The poll didn't give me a choice that way.
                Okay for those who didn't get LikaNui's PDA meaning Public Display of Affection.

I sit across and have done it that way even on those first and second dates.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

What I don't get is... back in the 'old' days when seat belts weren't allowed, a girl would sit right next to their boyfriend while he drove. I never did that back then, and never understood why anyone would want to get that close to someone driving...? especially with bucket seats.

Comment

Originally posted by nikki View Post
                    What I don't get is... back in the 'old' days when seat belts weren't allowed, a girl would sit right next to their boyfriend while he drove. I never did that back then, and never understood why anyone would want to get that close to someone driving...? especially with bucket seats.
                    In the "ole days," cars had front bench seats, not buckets. Seat belts were optional, not mandatory, equipment. It was SOS (Slide Over, Sweetheart) time. We also referred to it as "cut seat."

We'd say that such couples were probably "just starting out." Time would inevitably widen the space. Such may be applied to the side-by-siders in restaurant settings.

My '68 Plymouth Sport Satellite had front buckets with a combo seating pad/armrest between them in lieu of a console. My '72 Dodge Swinger 2-door had a split-bench up front. Every vehicle we've owned the last three decades had front buckets, including the minivans.

Comment

Sit across. How else will I know that she's taking all the good stuff?

The other night I sat next to her. The guy at the next table behind me had really strong B.O. so I had to sit as far as I could from the stench.

Comment

i read somewhere a long time ago that men are better at communicating when they're sitting side by side, but women prefer to interact face to face. which is funny, b/c after i read that, i noticed i tended to talk more when we were out to dinner (where we usually sit across from each other) and that my hubby seems to insist on talking to me when we're in the car (usually, when he's driving and he keeps turning to look at me and i'm like, 'LOOK WHERE YOU'RE GOING!!')

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                          It depends on my moods.heheheh

Honest.

Sometimes I feel like a NUT...sometimes I don't.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Most of the times, we sit across cause I say so!
                          Yeah, there's a whole lot of feeling going on when you sit next to your loved one.

And if my woman told me to sit across, I'm sitting two booths down, especially during that time of the month.
                          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                          X